PDA

View Full Version : National Championship: Let's Call It

ZagsGoZags
02-05-2017, 08:11 PM
At one of last year's darkest hours, when we weren't sure we would make it,
Kyle D stepped up to the mike and said "It isn't over yet." Remember?

I think our chances of playing in the National Championship this year are as good
as our chances last year of winning the WCC Tournament, guaranteeing a trip to the Dance,
last year when Kyle D said those prophetic words.

Final Four, Final Four, Final Four, blah. Almost everyone is saying this is the year
we reach the Final Four. Coach Few has never made it to the Final Four. Etc, etc.

Of course I know that we have to play every game one at a time. That doesn't mean we
can't express a prediction or publicly acknowledged goal with reasons. Do you think if were a proven Elite team, with a
couple of National Championships under our belt in the last decade, we would all be saying:
Gee, we are so good, we ought to make it to the Final Four. Where we then are supposed to do what? run out of gas?
No, I can tell you many on this Board would be talking "We are good enough this year
to take it all again." This is our year to be Mohammed Ali, and I don't mind if some of our fans and players talk like it.

I heard one of our players say in an interview (wish I could remember which one): the media
is talking about Final Four, but in the locker room this year's goal is NC because we think we are good enough.

So, as one person giving an opinion, I will say that if NWG and Tillie are at least 80% I think we
take it all.

When we beat AZ and Iowa St, we were still finding our way, turnovers out of control, and wondering if
we would gel, or when we would gel. Those were close games, and those teams have been improving also.
But we have improved immensely because we are gelling, and gelling and gelling. The way we pulled
together without NWG became an impressive example of that against Santa Clara. We are far from peaking, and we can all tell
we might be far from peaking by the time the Big Dance is done.
We also held our own against Baylor in the scrimmage. Teams (except Kentucky who always have the problem
of gelling [and UW who never seem to finally gel]) gel at different paces, but compared to our own history
we are still on an upward curve. This years motto, "we want to better next week than we are today", is
totally APT for this years squad, because it is taking so long to put all the talent, int'l diversity, and skill together,
like building an F1 race car.

It is time to go public and say "This is the year we win the NCAA Tournament."

MickMick
02-05-2017, 08:19 PM
We will get Oregon in the West.

Tough, tough matchup.

Hoopaholic
02-05-2017, 08:21 PM

I think our chances of playing in the National Championship this year are as good
as our chances last year of winning the WCC Tournament, guaranteeing a trip to the Dance,

Final Four, Final Four, Final Four, blah. Almost everyone is saying this is the year
we reach the Final Four. Coach Few has never made it to the Final Four. Etc, etc.

Of course I know that we have to play every game one at a time. That doesn't mean we
can't express a prediction or publicly acknowledged goal with reasons. Do you think if were a proven Elite team, with a
couple of National Championships under our belt in the last decade, we would all be saying:
Gee, we are so good, we ought to make it to the Final Four. Where we then are supposed to do what? run out of gas?
No, I can tell you many on this Board would be talking "We are good enough this year
to take it all again." This is our year to be Mohammed Ali, and I don't mind if some of our players talk like it.

I heard one of our players say in an interview (wish I could remember which one): the media
is talking about Final Four, but in the locker room this year's goal is NC because we think we are good enough.

So, as one person giving an opinion, I will say that if NWG and Tillie are at least 80% I think we
take it all.

When we beat AZ and Iowa St, we were still finding our way, turnovers out of control, and wondering if
we would gel, or when we would gel. Those were close games, and those teams have been improving also.
But we have improved immensely because we are gelling, and gelling and gelling. The way we pulled
together without NWG became an impressive example of that. We are far from peaking, and we can all tell
we might be far from peaking by the time the Bid Dance is done.
We also held our own against Baylor in the scrimmage. Teams (except Kentucky who always have the problem
of gelling [and UW who never seem to finally gel]) gel at different paces, but compared to our own history
we are still on an upward curve. This years motto, "we want to better next week than we are today", is
totally APT for this years squad, because it is taking so long to put all the talent, int'l diversity, and skill together,

With you..happy to take a drink of the kool aide

But still needs a little luck decent draw and no more injuries

ProVeeZag
02-05-2017, 08:30 PM

to take it all again." This is our year to be Mohammed Ali, and I don't mind if some of our players talk like it.

take it all.

together without NWG became an impressive example of that. We are far from peaking, and we can all tell
we might be far from peaking by the time the Bid Dance is done.

Pretty sure Vegas will allow you to "put money where mouth is", even now. That's the last thing we need to hear now.

gonzagafan62
02-05-2017, 08:50 PM

Tough, tough matchup.

Not if we are both #1s.

billyberu
02-05-2017, 08:56 PM

Tough, tough matchup.
Wouldn't want it any other way. I think these guys love intense competition and won't run from it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TheZagPhish
02-05-2017, 09:13 PM
https://cl.ly/j1e5/zags-kool-aid.png

nonzagzag
02-05-2017, 09:27 PM

Tough, tough matchup.

even tougher matchup for them! we are the best team in the country.

maynard g krebs
02-05-2017, 10:11 PM
Ducks have a tough road ahead w/ 5 of last 7 on the road, incl LA and Bay. They had the game of a lifetime v Arizona and won't make 16 of 25 3's again; it took Brooks' heroics for them to squeak by ASU at home. Arizona has an easier route to the finish line from here on. Wouldn't shock me to see the Ducks drop a couple more; 3 of 5 on the road would actually be a decent result for them.

Arizona has the 4 Calif schools at home, and is on the road for the easier games; Washingtons and ASU. Zona probably still the favorite to win the league.

Goshzagit
02-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Oregon is a very good team, & capable of winning the NC, yet I'd much, MUCH rather play them than Arizona come March. We will probably draw one or the other, if we advance far enough...

We are a better match up with Oregon, compared to Zona with Trier, an improving Markannen, & the elusive PJC.

Arizona missed everything while Oregon shot 65% 3pt.

Zona had too many rim hunters & big guards, as in the best in the country, for this team to try & stop.

We defend the 3pt line magnificently well though...

bartruff1
02-06-2017, 06:26 AM
It is a krap shoot....the odds of picking any individual team to win are very long....even though Gonzaga is now second only to Kentucky, they are still 15/2.....it wouldn't expect it nor would I bet any serious money on it....not prudent...

Zag_Dad
02-06-2017, 07:13 AM
even tougher matchup for them! we are the best team in the country.

It's interesting that we are asking who we would like to play or hate to see... I'm just wondering how it looks for the other schools. Are they saying, "I'd hate to be in Gonzaga's bracket" or are they saying (as I might suspect) that "I'd like to be in the bracket where GU is the #1 seed, after all they NEVER play anyone and aren't battle tested".

In my mind this year's GU team is the one with the best chances of making that deep run... Final Four or National Championship! We've had talented teams in the tournament before, teams with enough talent to compete with anyone in the country and to win those games. Those previous teams were so fun to watch and so much fun to cheer for but they were all one injury or bad foul call away from losing a key player that threw the entire team out of sync. This year it just feels different. We have such an amazing group of 1 - 8 that we could survive the loss of a key player and STILL be able to compete with ANYONE. I know that Santa Clara is not a tournament team but playing without NWG and beating them by 30+ is a perfect example of how this Zags team is rich with talent.

GO ZAGS! Why not us? Why not now?

Virginia Zags Fan
02-06-2017, 08:20 AM
We are so used to looking at teams and saying, "Oh gosh. Those guys are so tough. Woe is us."

Stop it! This is a good team. These guys want to beat good teams. To be the best, you have to beat the best. These guys believe they can and will.

It's time we start looking at it from the opposing team's perspective. How are they going to match up with Mt. K? Who is going to stop NWG's dribble penetration? Etc.

TheZagPhish
02-06-2017, 09:02 AM
It's time we start looking at it from the opposing team's perspective. How are they going to match up with Mt. K? Who is going to stop NWG's dribble penetration? Etc.

The nightmare of planning against Gonzaga -- who will you choose NOT to focus on?

Hoopaholic
02-06-2017, 09:36 AM
The nightmare of planning against Gonzaga -- who will you choose NOT to focus on?

and then double plan for the guys off the bench who bring a completely different dynamic to the floor and how do you gameplan and personnel manage against those issues

gonzagafan62
02-06-2017, 09:40 AM

There it is. We have a winner. You can choose to not focus on someone but that player will light you up. Offensively and defensively

bartruff1
02-06-2017, 10:22 AM
I would play a 1/3/1 zone and swarm Shem..... if they can get the ball to him..... try and dig it out....make them shoot threes... in the past Gonzaga has had trouble with the 3 in those huge venues ....

EEzag
02-06-2017, 10:45 AM
I would play a 1/3/1 zone and swarm Shem..... if they can get the ball to him..... try and dig it out....make them shoot threes... in the past Gonzaga has had trouble with the 3 in those huge venues ....

was somewhat effective from BYU. More teams will try this.

Hoopaholic
02-06-2017, 11:36 AM
was somewhat effective from BYU. More teams will try this.

BYU was a disguised 1-3-1 while in reality through rotation was 2-2-1 after the first pass

traditional 1-3-1 would not be able to cover mathews in the corner

bartruff1
02-06-2017, 12:37 PM
I would take my chances on Mathews and the others making threes....If BYU could play any sort of individual or team defense and Goss had not taken over.....as I recall Gonzaga made one of ten threes in the second half and got outscored 49-43...

The point is, if I was trying to beat Gonzaga I would give them the three and try to stop the points in the paint...I'm no coach , if you have a better idea fine..

kitzbuel
02-06-2017, 01:12 PM
I would take my chances on Mathews and the others making threes....If BYU could play any sort of individual or team defense and Goss had not taken over.....as I recall Gonzaga made one of ten threes in the second half and got outscored 49-43...

The point is, if I was trying to beat Gonzaga I would give them the three and try to stop the points in the paint...I'm no coach , if you have a better idea fine..
I think a healthy Tillie helps defeat this, drive into the seams.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

maynard g krebs
02-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Oregon is a very good team, & capable of winning the NC, yet I'd much, MUCH rather play them than Arizona come March. We will probably draw one or the other, if we advance far enough...

We are a better match up with Oregon, compared to Zona with Trier, an improving Markannen, & the elusive PJC.

Arizona missed everything while Oregon shot 65% 3pt.

Zona had too many rim hunters & big guards, as in the best in the country, for this team to try & stop.

We defend the 3pt line magnificently well though...

Disagree. I'd much rather play Zona. Miller recruits a bunch of 5 stars, but can't seem to get them to play any kind of fluid, coherent offense. They do defend well.

Oregon is playing small ball, a lot like Villanova, using Brooks at PF. Pritchard and Ennis are both smallish pg's and Dorsey is a 2 playing the 3. So physically you'd say they're at a disadvantage v a huge, athletic team with three 6'5ish 5 star wings and 7 footers inside. But they carved them up; yes they got hot but those were mostly open looks. And Zona flat quit in the second half and let Oregon put on a dunk show.

Zona scored 62 v the Zags and 58 v Oregon. They scored 65 v Butler and Mich St, 67 v Tex AM, 67 v Cal, 66 v Utah. They're just not a good offensive team against a decent defense.

Oregon, on the other hand, is really clicking now, as they seem to do at the end of every season under Altman.

MontanaCoyote
02-07-2017, 07:58 AM
I think we have an excellent shot at it. But we all know just how fickle The Dance can get. One foul, one travel, one missed free throw, one possession arrow, one crazy, otherworldly shot and you win or lose.

Who's Your Cardiologist?!

Hoopaholic
02-07-2017, 09:41 AM
I think we have an excellent shot at it. But we all know just how fickle The Dance can get. One foul, one travel, one missed free throw, one possession arrow, one crazy, otherworldly shot and you win or lose.

Who's Your Cardiologist?!

Mine is Johnnie Walker...especially dressed in black

Zaga
02-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Enjoying the Journey to the Tourney!

#runthetable

titopoet
02-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Tough, tough matchup.

Yeah, the ducks don't match up well. The Bell or Boucher trying to match up with the Zag's Bigs is asking a lot. Meaning the Ducks will have to shoot lights from 3 out to have shot, and that is a strength of this Zag's team. Nothing to fear from the Ducks.

Hoopaholic
02-07-2017, 10:59 AM
Yeah, the ducks don't match up well. The Bell or Boucher trying to match up with the Zag's Bigs is asking a lot. Meaning the Ducks will have to shoot lights from 3 out to have shot, and that is a strength of this Zag's team. Nothing to fear from the Ducks.

I love your crystal ball and happen to agree with it

maynard g krebs
02-07-2017, 11:40 AM

Ducks' bigs dominated Arizona's on both ends; you can look up the numbers. Boucher is skinny, but he's the toughest skinny guy you'll ever see. If you watched that game (I just watched it again) the Ducks simply dismantled Zona's very good D with quick ball movement and penetration; 26 assists on 30 made baskets. On the other end, Zona was disjointed and confused; 3 shot clock violations, forced rim grazers on several occasions. The Ducks are a skilled, veteran team with a college superstar in Brooks; he simply took Saturday's game over in the first 5 minutes and set the tone for the blowout. Zona is a bunch of youngsters with talent but no offensive cohesion. They haven't scored over 67 pts against a creditable defense all year, and their rim protection is so-so at best; not in the class w/ UO.

If they meet again in the pac tourney, they won't be up 37 in the middle of the 2nd half, but they'll win again comfortably. Altman/Miller is like comparing Bennett/Rose.

Keep in mind that Brooks has guarded NBA 7 footers successfully, from Kaminsky to Poeltl of Utah to Maarkinen Saturday, who Brooks held to what, 4 points? Brooks is a matchup nightmare for the Zags; too big for their guards and too quick for their bigs.

IMO anyone who'd rather face the Ducks than Zona just hasn't watched either enough, in my opinion.

MDABE80
02-07-2017, 12:00 PM
Not buying into any of this National Champ talk till we see the pairing, matchups and seedings.
By now most of you should know that if ONE hot team is in the way, it's trouble. If they're in our bracket ( ala Wichita St from a few years ago) we go down even with a loaded team who plays defense.

When it get to the final few weeks of the season ( we have 5 weeks left before NCAA tournament play) crazystuff happens. It happens every year. Likewise in the tournament, team lose by a cm or MM. 1 pt or two points....it's over. Takes a lot of luck and NO injuries. We have injuries now. Karno's thumb is a big deal. Nigel's ankle is a big deal. Lots of "big deals" going on.

Oregon? I think we'd eat em up. Brooks is always and issue but our guards would seriously smother theirs. Brokks is another matter. As a 6 6-7 tweener, I'm not sure who would guard him. The rest of this Oregon team we could handle easily.

TexasZagFan
02-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Not buying into any of this National Champ talk till we see the pairing, matchups and seedings.
By now most of you should know that if ONE hot team is in the way, it's trouble. If they're in our bracket ( ala Wichita St from a few years ago) we go down even with a loaded team who plays defense.

When it get to the final few weeks of the season ( we have 5 weeks left before NCAA tournament play) crazystuff happens. It happens every year. Likewise in the tournament, team lose by a cm or MM. 1 pt or two points....it's over. Takes a lot of luck and NO injuries. We have injuries now. Karno's thumb is a big deal. Nigel's ankle is a big deal. Lots of "big deals" going on.

Oregon? I think we'd eat em up. Brooks is always and issue but our guards would seriously smother theirs. Brokks is another matter. As a 6 6-7 tweener, I'm not sure who would guard him. The rest of this Oregon team we could handle easily.

Who guards Brooks? I figure a committee, but most of the time it will be Silas.

ZagsGoZags
02-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Pretty sure Vegas will allow you to "put money where mouth is", even now. That's the last thing we need to hear now.

Hello ProVee, fellow Zag fan. If WA state allowed legal betting I would certainly place a bet on the zags this year. I would not bet my house, but pick an amount that would hurt a little if I lost. I would also take an even bet with somebody for fifty bucks against any other single team. Wouldn't you? Betting on Villanova or Kansas would not be a lopsided bet this year IMHO.
It can't hurt an athlete to have a belief in his mind, that 'We will take it all, we can do it, and will do it.' I admit its better for private conversation with friends and family. Don't want to appear a braggart, but its OK to think this for a player. And fans don't have to worry about this, they can believe anything and say anything they want respectfully. Fans don't have to put themselves in the mind set of the player on the floor - don't have to worry about shooting the 'choke shot' which results from this kind of thinking in the heat of the battle.
By the way, How is Vegas stacking up so far for National Champ - anybody know?

Vegas is right more often than any individual I have ever heard of in sports outcomes. I suppose they have nova and Kansas ahead of us, but we ought to be in the respectable betting. I would gladly put my money where my mouth is. I also respectfully disagree with your statement 'its the last thing we need to hear now.' All of the hype in the media about us, then, which will get louder and louder if we keep winning is also the last thing we need to hear right now. A handful of sports writers have spoken of us going all the way this year, and should say this if that is what they believe. If a team or coach goes down from this type of talk, they are way too sensitive. A fan expressing a prediction will not have an effect on our player or coaches, it is expressing a take on a forecast by one fan. I don't mind hearing all the opinions out there, including yours, and believing this is what fans should do. go zags.

Ezag
02-07-2017, 03:04 PM
It's too bad every team we have played this year doesn't match up to us....Not our fault! :D

RenoZag
02-07-2017, 03:51 PM
Just booked my flight to Atlanta for Sunday, 4/2. Returning Tuesday 4/4.

4/3/2017 could prove to be one helluva day: Attend the Masters that day, watch the Zags play (on TV ) in the national final that night. . .

If you're going to day dream, you might as well dream big.

kitzbuel
02-07-2017, 04:04 PM
I am in serious consideration about going to Phoenix myself.

DixieZag
02-07-2017, 04:12 PM

4/3/2017 could prove to be one helluva day: Attending the Masters that day, watch the Zags play (on TV ) in the national final that night. . .

ATL for the Master's? I know the FF is in Phoenix.

I've read that the Master's tickets are more dear than just about any other ticket, near impossible. Though, I guess everything has its price.

Good job.

23dpg
02-07-2017, 04:36 PM
I am in serious consideration about going to Phoenix myself.

I'm definitely going. I've already got the time off and secured a place to stay.
Tickets will be had!

Bogozags
02-07-2017, 04:39 PM
Ducks' bigs dominated Arizona's on both ends; you can look up the numbers. Boucher is skinny, but he's the toughest skinny guy you'll ever see. If you watched that game (I just watched it again) the Ducks simply dismantled Zona's very good D with quick ball movement and penetration; 26 assists on 30 made baskets. On the other end, Zona was disjointed and confused; 3 shot clock violations, forced rim grazers on several occasions. The Ducks are a skilled, veteran team with a college superstar in Brooks; he simply took Saturday's game over in the first 5 minutes and set the tone for the blowout. Zona is a bunch of youngsters with talent but no offensive cohesion. They haven't scored over 67 pts against a creditable defense all year, and their rim protection is so-so at best; not in the class w/ UO.

If they meet again in the pac tourney, they won't be up 37 in the middle of the 2nd half, but they'll win again comfortably. Altman/Miller is like comparing Bennett/Rose.

Keep in mind that Brooks has guarded NBA 7 footers successfully, from Kaminsky to Poeltl of Utah to Maarkinen Saturday, who Brooks held to what, 4 points? Brooks is a matchup nightmare for the Zags; too big for their guards and too quick for their bigs.

IMO anyone who'd rather face the Ducks than Zona just hasn't watched either enough, in my opinion.

I think the outcome might have been different if Trier would have played...OU is a better match...

bartruff1
02-07-2017, 05:54 PM

4/3/2017 could prove to be one helluva day: Attending the Masters that day, watch the Zags play in the national final that night. . .

The Masters....how cool is that....it is a tough ticket....and a tough walk....

ProVeeZag
02-07-2017, 06:23 PM
Hello ProVee, fellow Zag fan. If WA state allowed legal betting I would certainly place a bet on the zags this year. I would not bet my house, but pick an amount that would hurt a little if I lost. I would also take an even bet with somebody for fifty bucks against any other single team. Wouldn't you? Betting on Villanova or Kansas would not be a lopsided bet this year IMHO.
It can't hurt an athlete to have a belief in his mind, that 'We will take it all, we can do it, and will do it.' I admit its better for private conversation with friends and family. Don't want to appear a braggart, but its OK to think this for a player. And fans don't have to worry about this, they can believe anything and say anything they want respectfully. Fans don't have to put themselves in the mind set of the player on the floor - don't have to worry about shooting the 'choke shot' which results from this kind of thinking in the heat of the battle.
By the way, How is Vegas stacking up so far for National Champ - anybody know?

Vegas is right more often than any individual I have ever heard of in sports outcomes. I suppose they have nova and Kansas ahead of us, but we ought to be in the respectable betting. I would gladly put my money where my mouth is. I also respectfully disagree with your statement 'its the last thing we need to hear now.' All of the hype in the media about us, then, which will get louder and louder if we keep winning is also the last thing we need to hear right now. A handful of sports writers have spoken of us going all the way this year, and should say this if that is what they believe. If a team or coach goes down from this type of talk, they are way too sensitive. A fan expressing a prediction will not have an effect on our player or coaches, it is expressing a take on a forecast by one fan. I don't mind hearing all the opinions out there, including yours, and believing this is what fans should do. go zags.

Love the Zags, love the personnel. My heart says they take it all.

ProVeeZag
02-07-2017, 06:26 PM

Abe, you're speaking with your mind, not your heart. This is wise.

gonzagafan62
02-07-2017, 06:35 PM
I'm definitely going. I've already got the time off and secured a place to stay.
Tickets will be had!

I'm sure whoohoo will win a trip to Phoenix somehow.

Zagceo
02-08-2017, 11:23 AM

4/3/2017 could prove to be one helluva day: Attend the Masters that day, watch the Zags play (on TV ) in the national final that night. . .

Now that's a sports weekend!

Well played

maynard g krebs
02-08-2017, 12:05 PM
I think the outcome might have been different if Trier would have played...OU is a better match...

UO. OU is Oklahoma. Sorry to nitpick.

Alkins, Simmons, Trier.... just one more of the same; wouldn't have made much difference. They can score if, like UCLA, you don't guard them. But they had 30 points with 10 minutes left at Oregon with Trier and PJC back, 3 shot clock violations, a handful of rim grazers on last second desperation chucks. Talented individually, but a BAD offensive team; can't score over 65 v a decent defense; Oregon would have held them to about 45 if not for garbage time.

Interesting tidbit: in nonconference, the Ducks made 31% of their threes. In 11 conference games, now 43.6%. Sign of a team that's getting better (and one that comes up clutch in big games, v one who quit). Much, much more dangerous team than Zona; they move the ball to get open shots or dunks.

They kind of do what GU has done over the years; put together a team that's better than the sum of their parts, whereas Zona is less than the sum of theirs.

Oh well, I guess it's like Patrick Swayze said in Roadhouse:

Bad guy: "you don't look like much"
Swayze: "opinions vary".

phxfireflames
02-08-2017, 12:25 PM
Good Article with kenpom stats from Bleacher Report:

No one's holding a candle to that 38-1 Kentucky team from a few years ago, but this Gonzaga team currently has the third-best pre-tournament adjusted efficiency margin since 2002. That AdjEM might drop over the final few weeks of the season, but it also might increase. Stay tuned to find out where the Zags finish.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2691689-breaking-down-the-biggest-myths-of-the-2016-17-college-basketball-season

LouisianaZag
02-08-2017, 12:29 PM

Lets worry about these next two games before thinking ahead.

RenoZag
03-26-2017, 11:28 AM
So: Is it okay to day dream about a National Championship NOW ?? :)

ZagsGoZags
04-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Let's Call it out !! National Championship.
NC is not used to having their bigs matched. They are vulnerable, like we are. I think we will play loose
because everything after the Final Four has been extra cherry on top.
Congratulations to all of us Zag Fans, who have had to endure years of "if you are any good, show me" and
in our face about it sometimes. We have been loyal, and our team this year is the product of a program we
all love.
LET'S TAKE IT ALL !!

Hoopaholic
04-01-2017, 08:43 PM
My bracket has zags 88. NC 80 at start of tournament and I am sticking with it

thespywhozaggedme
04-01-2017, 09:15 PM
My bracket has zags 88. NC 80 at start of tournament and I am sticking with it

I had the Zags over Louisville but my coworker has the zags and the Tar Heels.

ZagsGoZags
04-02-2017, 02:19 PM

Hi ProVee
I did get a chance to bet on our zags, when I was down there for the WCC tournament.
Odds were 1 in 8 at that time. If we lose, I get nothing. When I placed the bet it was betting my heart not my head. If we win I will win a few hundred bucks. It was fun putting my money where my mouth was.
One think I like about our matchup tomorrow for the Nat'l championship is that NC is not used to having bigs their own size. Karno has often done well against other super Bigs.
Its all gravy now, in a way, all stigmas blown out of the room. We ought to play loose free, and confident.