• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Karnowski's thumb injury

It was bothering him tonight. Ice as soon as he unwrapped the bandage. Luckily it's his non-shooting hand. However, it's unfortunate in that Karno can now score effectively around the basket using his right hand. He even has a nice right-handed hook shot. However, the thumb injury is a clear limitation, and teams are going to try to take away his left handed post moves now more than ever. Let's hope it heals soon.
  • thegloriousgoateeofKP
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
    It was bothering him tonight. Ice as soon as he unwrapped the bandage. Luckily it's his non-shooting hand. However, it's unfortunate in that Karno can now score effectively around the basket using his right hand. He even has a nice right-handed hook shot. However, the thumb injury is a clear limitation, and teams are going to try to take away his left handed post moves now more than ever. Let's hope it heals soon.
    Yeah, I'm concerned. I'm honestly shocked that there's not more consternation on the board about NWG's and Karno's sudden, surprising, and potentially lingering injuries.

I can't be the only one freaking out. This team can't be stopped by anything other than injuries.

Comment

• Zagceo
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2013

teams deal with late season "bumps and bruises"....we have Tillie (ankle)....Perkins (back)...Przemek (hand)...Williams (knee)...NWG (ankle) probably more I (we) don't know about.......all these will continue to dog each player the rest of the season IMO...

I'd like to see Przemek and NWG sit out Loyola.

More Tillie Collins......my favorite drink

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

It's good to be young

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Itg's good to be tough.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
            teams deal with late season "bumps and bruises"....we have Tillie (ankle)....Perkins (back)...Przemek (hand)...Williams (knee)...NWG (ankle) probably more I (we) don't know about.......all these will continue to dog each player the rest of the season IMO...

I'd like to see Przemek and NWG sit out Loyola.

More Tillie Collins......my favorite drink
            We should have a stretch in a month where we play twice in a period of two weeks, time to get healed up.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
              Zag for Life
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by thegloriousgoateeofKP View Post
              Yeah, I'm concerned. I'm honestly shocked that there's not more consternation on the board about NWG's and Karno's sudden, surprising, and potentially lingering injuries.

I can't be the only one freaking out. This team can't be stopped by anything other than injuries.
              I'm 62, and have been playing with a taped up thumb that I jammed a month ago. It'd probably be better now if I'd taken some time off, but I like to play, so I keep tweaking it.

Everybody playing college basketball is dinged up this time of year. They can heal up in April. As long as there are no broken bones or torn acl's, it's par for the course.

Comment

Working...
              X