PDA

View Full Version : Tillie's behind his head block

3XaZag
02-04-2017, 11:20 PM
It doesn't look like the stat guys gave him the benefit of the doubt on his behind his head block. Like the announcers, I have never seen anything like it. I don't see a block credited to him for the game.

I don't think the block was intentional, more just an instinctual move to get his hands up and disrupt things when he got turned around. Intent doesn't have to be part of a move to create a stat. We see it all the time...an alley-oop pass that actually goes in the basket still gets counted as two points for the one who made the pass. So why wasn't it given to him?

Someone with more skills then me can post the ESPN replay of it-- good things happen when you have good instincts and Tillie certainly has those. I think he is my favorite this year...good to see him get into double figures. 4-5 shooting too...good to see him being efficient.

KStyles
02-05-2017, 12:04 AM
It doesn't look like the stat guys gave him the benefit of the doubt on his behind his head block. Like the announcers, I have never seen anything like it. I don't see a block credited to him for the game.

I don't think the block was intentional, more just an instinctual move to get his hands up and disrupt things when he got turned around. Intent doesn't have to be part of a move to create a stat. We see it all the time...an alley-oop pass that actually goes in the basket still gets counted as two points for the one who made the pass. So why wasn't it given to him?

Someone with more skills then me can post the ESPN replay of it-- good things happen when you have good instincts and Tillie certainly has those. I think he is my favorite this year...good to see him get into double figures. 4-5 shooting too...good to see him being efficient.

It's up to the scorer. Same as an error vs. hit in baseball. I'm on the scorer's side, Tillie blocked the shot, but that obviously wasn't a block.

23dpg
02-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Team was credited with only one block which has to be wrong. Aside from Killie's possible block, JWill had one for sure.

sittingon50
02-05-2017, 12:29 PM
Team was credited with only one block which has to be wrong. Aside from Killie's possible block, JWill had one for sure.

Didn't Collins get his fingers on a 3 ball in the 2nd half that came up short & became a shot clock violation?

zagbeliever
02-05-2017, 12:33 PM

That was cool! Love Tilly"s energy

Mantua
02-05-2017, 12:39 PM
I noticed that last night and was hoping to hear that the record had been corrected.

I guess it's an "intangible" now.