PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-SCU

Section 116
02-04-2017, 08:53 PM
A few scattered thoughts I recall. Hudson and Santangelo wondered how many teams in the country could lose their top scorer and playmaker and still beat a team by 35. In fact they said SCU had been playing pretty good ball of late and the Zags still plundered them. As I mentioned in another thread NWG told the coaches pregame he didn't think he would be able to go tonight and give someone else a chance. Donnie Daniels wondered if there was another player more productive in his minutes on the floor than Zach Collins. Collins had 14 points, 8 rebounds and a block in 19 minutes. This was the eighth straight game the Zags held their opponent below 40% shooting. Brownridge had only 9 shots from the floor, a credit to the defense of multiple Zags who spent time guarding him. Santangelo noted Brownridge did try to stay in the flow of what SCU was trying to do but 13 points from him is not enough to beat the #1 team in the nation. Also I think Hudson said SCU normally shoots 27 threes a game and they only were able to get up 16 tonight. Daniels said he could guarantee the team is not looking past Thursday's game against LMU. They have had the one game at a time mentality the entire season and that is not changing now regardless of who is coming up on the schedule. Zags owned the boards 39-18. Tillie was 10 and 4 in thirteen minutes. Zags lead the nation in scoring margin winning all games be an average of 23 points. A 20-6 run to end the first half really opened things up and the Zags put up 53 in the second half. That's about what I recall.

hondo
02-04-2017, 09:30 PM
Nice job Scoop.

gonzagafan62
02-04-2017, 09:52 PM
Thanks 116. I'm guessing NWGs injury isn't serious right?