PDA

View Full Version : 4 More Home Games (counting today)

Zagger
02-04-2017, 05:40 AM
After today there's just San Francisco, Pacific and BYU for packing McCarthy and getting to see this #1 team play amongst a host of their fans. It should be quite a game for Rem, Shemmick and Jordan having to battle BYU again as the their last Kennel appearance in a Zag uni. I'm still pinching myself that Mt K is back ... and doing so well to boot. Surpassed my dreams AND being 23-0. It's got me wondering if GU might do a big screen event for the BYU game at a large seating location on campus??? I'd sure show up for that! I really haven't looked forward that much this season - thinking more 1 game at a team - maybe like the team. Glad we got tickets early for the WCC games this season as even flights out of Spokane towards Vegas in and around that first weekend of March are slim pickings. Might have to rename the Orleans Arena as Kennel South (that might make a great banner!).

Being that the snow's coming down up here 20 mi N of Spokane and too dark yet to fire up the snow thrower I'm reflecting a bit on this season. Who'd have thunk the Zags and Baylor scrimmage would end up having the two as #1 and #2 in the current AP Top 25? Pinching myself again on this. Maybe we'd have guessed NWG being the high scorer @ BYU but who'd have guessed 33 points? Also not forgetting 23-0 ... And how well both Tillie and Melson are playing. I expected Melson to do well this season but didn't think his great D would spread into the whole team! My eyes get big when I think what Melson may be like as a Senior. It's one heck of a great season thus far and the whole team deserves kudos as a team and as individuals. I sure didn't know what to expect after losing Domas, both Kyles and McClellan. It's just plain turned out to be a dream season - with what looks like the 'dreaming on' will continue into March ..... and maybe into ......... I'd better get out there and throw some snow!

Go Zags! Beat Santa Clara!

SunDevilGolfZag
02-04-2017, 08:17 AM
After today there's just San Francisco, Pacific and BYU for packing McCarthy and getting to see this #1 team play amongst a host of their fans. It should be quite a game for Rem, Shemmick and Jordan having to battle BYU again as the their last Kennel appearance in a Zag uni. I'm still pinching myself that Mt K is back ... and doing so well to boot. Surpassed my dreams AND being 23-0. It's got me wondering if GU might do a big screen event for the BYU game at a large seating location on campus??? I'd sure show up for that! I really haven't looked forward that much this season - thinking more 1 game at a team - maybe like the team. Glad we got tickets early for the WCC games this season as even flights out of Spokane towards Vegas in and around that first weekend of March are slim pickings. Might have to rename the Orleans Arena as Kennel South (that might make a great banner!).

Being that the snow's coming down up here 20 mi N of Spokane and too dark yet to fire up the snow thrower I'm reflecting a bit on this season. Who'd have thunk the Zags and Baylor scrimmage would end up having the two as #1 and #2 in the current AP Top 25? Pinching myself again on this. Maybe we'd have guessed NWG being the high scorer @ BYU but who'd have guessed 33 points? Also not forgetting 23-0 ... And how well both Tillie and Melson are playing. I expected Melson to do well this season but didn't think his great D would spread into the whole team! My eyes get big when I think what Melson may be like as a Senior. It's one heck of a great season thus far and the whole team deserves kudos as a team and as individuals. I sure didn't know what to expect after losing Domas, both Kyles and McClellan. It's just plain turned out to be a dream season - with what looks like the 'dreaming on' will continue into March ..... and maybe into ......... I'd better get out there and throw some snow!

Go Zags! Beat Santa Clara!
Great post; keep that dream going!

MontanaCoyote
02-04-2017, 09:27 AM
Yes, Living THE dream!

BayAreaZagFan
02-04-2017, 10:03 AM
I miss the snow. I honestly don't understand these California people who list the weather as being the main reason they like living here.

Go Zags!

Zagger
02-04-2017, 11:19 AM
I miss the snow. I honestly don't understand these California people who list the weather as being the main reason they like living here.

Go Zags!

A fringe benefit .... no lawn mowing in winter :)