PDA

View Full Version : I guess I don't know what an NBA player looks like anymore?

cggonzaga
02-02-2017, 09:54 PM
If Goss can't play in the league then I don't know who can.

23dpg
02-02-2017, 09:56 PM
If Goss can't play in the league then I don't know who can.

He reminds me of Andre Miller.

zagsfanforlife
02-02-2017, 09:58 PM
I've had my Twitter arguments regarding this many a times w naysayers. He doesn't have the blazing speed, the great athleticism that will jump out to scouts, but his knowledge of the game, decent size, improved shooting and leadership
Should get him a look. He can play for my team any day of the week. What a winner.

cggonzaga
02-02-2017, 10:05 PM
He reminds me of Andre Miller.

My brother threw out Deron Williams tonight. I think both are great comparisons.

Goshzagit
02-02-2017, 10:07 PM
My brother threw out Deron Williams tonight. I think both are great comparisons.

Solid.

Pretty similar style.

Nigel better rebounder, but Deron better shooter, at least from deep.

Similar tempo, craftiness, quick with ball but not overly athletic, recognizes openings & moments, when to score vs pass, etc. Feel for the game.

CDC84
02-02-2017, 10:11 PM
NWG has also greatly improved on defense, and Few calls him the best rebounding guard GU has had.

I don't agree with Goodman that Collins is the only NBA guy on this team. A guy like Tillie with 3-4 years of development is going to get drafted. Too much athleticism, too much versatility. And we know NBA guys are already checking out Hachimura despite how raw he is.

I wish JWIII had a couple more inches on him and a little more weight. He's got the athleticism, skill, rebounding and shot blocking instincts.

MileHigh
02-03-2017, 04:45 AM

Maybe 36 year old DWill is a good comparison, but young DWill was an athletic freak (36 inch vertical and could bench press more than most centers) i still remember him windmill dunking in traffic over Tony Parker!

NWG reminds me of Mark Jackson. Both have tremendous vision, average shooters,can't jump real well, but make up for it with a world class floater game. NWG is a little longer than MJ, but MJ had better handles and was quicker. Can NWG play in the NBA? It will be tough, but he has a shot. He will need to be able to guard guys that are much quicker and athletic than he is and he will need to be able to create space against world class defenders.
If I was a betting man I would say he goes to a top league in europe and has a 15 year career over there

dhozagfan08
02-03-2017, 05:19 AM
I swear I heard him say only one "pro", not even only one "NBA" player. That of course is rediculous. The lack of speed argument for Goss doesn't work. If David Stockton can get time in he league, Goss should get even more. Nwg is bigger, faster, and a better all around player. David may be a better passer, but he doesn't have all the attributes that NWG does. If David can get there, so can Goss.

zagfan24
02-03-2017, 05:28 AM
I was thinking of Derek Fisher as a comparison last night. NWG is intelligent, strong, and while none of his measurable traits are top-end elite, he is very good at almost everything. It is really, really hard to break into the NBA especially at the guard position, and even more so now that there is such a premium on outside shooting. That said, I think Williams-Goss is just too gifted intellectually and a complete enough player that he will get some opportunities. Like all but the very best players, it will probably come down to fit.

ZagNative
02-03-2017, 07:00 AM
NWG has also greatly improved on defense, and Few calls him the best rebounding guard GU has had.

I don't agree with Goodman that Collins is the only NBA guy on this team. A guy like Tillie with 3-4 years of development is going to get drafted. Too much athleticism, too much versatility. And we know NBA guys are already checking out Hachimura despite how raw he is.

I wish JWIII had a couple more inches on him and a little more weight. He's got the athleticism, skill, rebounding and shot blocking instincts.Goodman will be on my sh!t list until he lightens up on the Zags. I've liked him in the past, but this year he seems to me to have an edge out for the Zags.

Goshzagit
02-03-2017, 07:10 AM

I wish JWIII had a couple more inches on him and a little more weight. He's got the athleticism, skill, rebounding and shot blocking instincts.

Heck, I'm surprised Tillie hasn't already been drafted, or on draft board prior to his arrival.

The year off due to injury probably saved us…and him.

I have seen Top-20 International prospects be drafted who are nowhere NEAR as good as Tillie, or as athletic, or feel for the game as him at the SAME STAGE.

He's 18. 6'10", 38" vertical, rapidly growing stronger, and can play 3 positions, while defending 4.

Tillie, to me, is a Lotto Pick in a year or two.

krii
02-03-2017, 10:50 AM
I swear I heard him say only one "pro", not even only one "NBA" player. That of course is rediculous. The lack of speed argument for Goss doesn't work. If David Stockton can get time in he league, Goss should get even more. Nwg is bigger, faster, and a better all around player. David may be a better passer, but he doesn't have all the attributes that NWG does. If David can get there, so can Goss.

I just laughed at that. If he said this he is an idiot. Seriously.

Karnowski? Even if not drafted he is going to have at least 10+ years of a huge career in Europe/ great bench career in the NBA. No way he isn't going to be pro.
Collins? sure thing.
Tillie? IMO sure 2nd round of the draft with the way he played half of the season. Massive upside.
NWG? Even if not this year (it's REALLY stacked draft) he is definitely going to play in the next level.

Than a bunch of others. Even Josh Perkins can have a shot in the league - 3&D players are always worth contract and he isn't bad in those two areas.

Seriously, dude's an ignorant.

Malastein
02-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Just wait, he'll start getting a lot more interest from the league in the course of the next few eeeks.

tinfoilzag
02-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Our guard shooting has been so good that we really haven't needed Tillie or Collins show their range from 3. If their range was showcased, they'd get more attention as the stretch 4/5 they could play in the league. Collin's rim protection seems to be improving game by game.