Indiana 110, Penn St 102 ( 3OT)
St. John's 86, Marquette 72
Omaha 91, SOUTH DAKOTA 83

ZagaZags
02-01-2017, 06:51 PM
#2 Baylor 61

#3 Kansas 64

3:20 to go.

Pretty nice that the top 2 teams in the country secretly scrimmaged each other. From what I've read, GU edged out Baylor. Anyone know if that is the case?

RenoZag
02-01-2017, 07:11 PM
# 11 UCLA defeats WSU, 95 - 79, TJ Leaf with 32 points, 14 rebounds.

Baylor blew it with turnover in their final possession. KU has a 51 game home winning streak

RenoZag
02-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Northwestern blown out of the gym by Purdue, 80 - 59. Caleb Swanigan with his 19th double-double, setting a new school single-season record.

Washington Huskies wearing all black unis vs. USC tonight, in honor of Lorenzo Romar's chances of making the NCAA tournament

Nevada (18 - 5) lives and dies by the three. Tonight they died, shooting 4-26 (15%) and 22-69 overall (32%) in a loss at Utah State (10 - 11 )

ProVeeZag
02-01-2017, 07:29 PM
# 11 UCLA defeats WSU, 95 - 79, TJ Leaf with 32 points, 14 rebounds.

Baylor blew it with turnover in their final possession. KU has a 51 game home winning streak

Baylor's offense looked very ineffective the last few minutes of this one, turnovers, bad looks, banked three that somehow found the bottom of the net. Here's an interesting stat from this game: 21 fouls called on Baylor, only 10 on Kansas. Baylor attempted only 6 FT's all night compared to Kansas' 27 FT's.

RenoZag
02-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Here's an interesting stat from this game: 21 fouls called on Baylor, only 10 on Kansas. Baylor attempted only 6 FT's all night compared to Kansas' 27 FT's.

Phog Allen Field House home cookin', ProVee. I hear they like grits with their no calls

ProVeeZag
02-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Phog Allen Field House home cookin', ProVee. I hear they like grits with their no calls

It was just 2-3 weeks ago that Kansas State was sent packin' with a loss on that 4-step travel no-call by the Jayhawks to end the game. The sign in the rafters says "All who enter, Beware the Phog". Uh-huh, more to it than "the Phog".

sittingon50
02-01-2017, 07:49 PM
[QUOTE=RenoZag;1279573].

Washington Huskies wearing all black unis vs. USC tonight, in honor of Lorenzo Romar's chances of making the NCAA tournament

:lmao:

The more I've watched Fultz the more I've liked him.

The huskies student section is absolutely pathetic.

El Zag
02-01-2017, 07:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y83lsNGO-H8

sittingon50
02-01-2017, 09:01 PM
washington huskies.............................RPI killers.

ZagaZags
02-01-2017, 10:17 PM
The Utah @ California game will be a riot tomorrow. Cal has been on fire. Should be a good one. :boxing:

willandi
02-02-2017, 07:24 AM
Baylor's offense looked very ineffective the last few minutes of this one, turnovers, bad looks, banked three that somehow found the bottom of the net. Here's an interesting stat from this game: 21 fouls called on Baylor, only 10 on Kansas. Baylor attempted only 6 FT's all night compared to Kansas' 27 FT's.

It was just 2-3 weeks ago that Kansas State was sent packin' with a loss on that 4-step travel no-call by the Jayhawks to end the game. The sign in the rafters says "All who enter, Beware the Phog". Uh-huh, more to it than "the Phog".

I was perusing the comments on ESPN and the foul disparity was explained away (by the KU faithful) as 3 on Baylor in the last few minutes plus 2 intentional at the close, so it wasn't that far apart.

Having seen the Zags on the short end of some of those (and the long end too) there is a different truth there. The timing of the fouls etc can play a huge part in how the game is played. 2 on Karno and J3 in the early minutes would alter the BYU game, esp with Tillie not at full strength.

I still like the idea of ALL NCAA refs being hired, and assigned, by the NCAA. Start payment at $750/game plus expenses, room and air travel, a shared local luxury car and a per diem for food (and up depending on experience and seniority) with 4 games/week maximum, plus rotate the members so there are no 'crews'. Everybody works with everybody, and calls are reviewed to see if one ref (or more) is out of line with the NCAA rules/guidelines.

Make the game more fair for everyone, of course it might take away a home court advantage, but unless you are one of the blueblood P5 conference, the rest would probably appreciate an honest chance.

DixieZag
02-02-2017, 07:45 AM
I was perusing the comments on ESPN and the foul disparity was explained away (by the KU faithful) as 3 on Baylor in the last few minutes plus 2 intentional at the close, so it wasn't that far apart.

Having seen the Zags on the short end of some of those (and the long end too) there is a different truth there. The timing of the fouls etc can play a huge part in how the game is played. 2 on Karno and J3 in the early minutes would alter the BYU game, esp with Tillie not at full strength.

I still like the idea of ALL NCAA refs being hired, and assigned, by the NCAA. Start payment at $750/game plus expenses, room and air travel, a shared local luxury car and a per diem for food (and up depending on experience and seniority) with 4 games/week maximum, plus rotate the members so there are no 'crews'. Everybody works with everybody, and calls are reviewed to see if one ref (or more) is out of line with the NCAA rules/guidelines.

Make the game more fair for everyone, of course it might take away a home court advantage, but unless you are one of the blueblood P5 conference, the rest would probably appreciate an honest chance.

Very true about timing of fouls. I really hate it when a team makes a steal and is going the other way for an obvious lay-up and they call a foul on the guy who got beat or on the pass - penalizing the team that made the turnover. Also, bail out fouls late in the clock or the lane can be far more penalizing than one very early, especially if it sends a poor FT shooter to the line.

Agree on all your stuff. But, it makes too much sense.

Huskies were right there with 4:00 left. That's the time of the game that you expect you sure fire Number 1 pick to take over the game. Didn't happen.

ProVeeZag
02-02-2017, 09:47 AM

And how do the "KU faithful" explain away the 27 FT's attempted by KU vs Baylor's 6 attempts? In a very tight game such as this, 21 additional free throws (even if converting only 60%) equates to a dozen points whether they are shot early or late in the game. I completely understand different styles of play can have an effect on numbers of fouls called, but to trying to argue that a 27-6 disparity in FT attempts is not relevant in a tight ballgame is a big, big s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Baylor didn't play their best, that is clear, but my point is that they were playing an "uphill" game against a very good Kansas team that frankly doesn't need, or deserve, any help from the officials.

willandi
02-02-2017, 11:54 AM
And how do the "KU faithful" explain away the 27 FT's attempted by KU vs Baylor's 6 attempts? In a very tight game such as this, 21 additional free throws (even if converting only 60%) equates to a dozen points whether they are shot early or late in the game. I completely understand different styles of play can have an effect on numbers of fouls called, but to trying to argue that a 27-6 disparity in FT attempts is not relevant in a tight ballgame is a big, big s-t-r-e-t-c-h. Baylor didn't play their best, that is clear, but my point is that they were playing an "uphill" game against a very good Kansas team that frankly doesn't need, or deserve, any help from the officials.

They would have us believe that 10 of those FT attempts came at the end when Baylor had to foul. Still becomes 17-6.