01-31-2017, 09:34 AM
I liked the SI facebook Woden Watch interview with Nigel:

https://www.facebook.com/SportsIllustrated/?fref=nf

Terrific interview.

Spaceships!

ZagNative
01-31-2017, 09:39 AM
Terrific interview.

Spaceships!I'm always impressed with how smart and well-spoken Nigel is. I thought it was a very informative interview. I can't imagine how jacked the Zags' coaching staff must have been to learn he'd chosen to transfer to this team.

gonzagafan62
01-31-2017, 09:52 AM
He is such a great guy. Terrific interview

sittingon50
01-31-2017, 10:24 AM
Kudos to the interviewer.

Not only did he pronounce Gonzaga properly but you could tell someone had done their homework.

Zagger
01-31-2017, 10:42 AM
That interview just plain builds up my confidence in these Zags even more. They know what they're up to and how to go about doing it - or will be able to adjust to the situation quickly. VERY nice interview! Thanks for sharing the link!

Zag_Dad
01-31-2017, 11:31 AM
Great interview... highlighting what a good, smart kid NWG is. Zags have been unbelievably blessed to attract such quality transfers that are both exceptional basketball players but also smart and articulate. Watching interviews with NWG and Mathews really has impressed me that these two young men were meant to be Zags! (With apologies to JW3, I haven't seen an in-depth interview with him to assess him ... although I suspect he is just as bright and articulate).

GO ZAGS!

Markburn1
01-31-2017, 01:13 PM
Zags Legend grows. Few and company will probably use this as a recruiting tool.

bballbeachbum
01-31-2017, 08:16 PM
that was excellent, thanks for posting

DixieZag
01-31-2017, 08:50 PM
Great interview... highlighting what a good, smart kid NWG is. Zags have been unbelievably blessed to attract such quality transfers that are both exceptional basketball players but also smart and articulate. Watching interviews with NWG and Mathews really has impressed me that these two young men were meant to be Zags! (With apologies to JW3, I haven't seen an in-depth interview with him to assess him ... although I suspect he is just as bright and articulate).

GO ZAGS!

At least with respect to graduate transfers (I know NWG wasn't a grad tx), the standard to be met is the Wesley Standard, and Mathews cleared a high bar. I would say that both the undergrads, NWG and Williams have met that standard, too.

bigblahla
02-01-2017, 03:31 AM
IMO NWG is the best guard in the country and there is not a better 4 guard tandem in D1 than NWG, Perk, Silas and Jordan .....

Go!! Zags!!!

Birddog
02-01-2017, 04:39 AM
IMO NWG is the best guard in the country and there is not a better 4 guard tandem in D1 than NWG, Perk, Silas and Jordan .....

Go!! Zags!!!

The way Melson has been playing of late, there is little if any drop-off when he subs in. It's an opposing coaches nightmare. Zags are loaded. I'm of the belief that Jeremy and Rui might see a little more action in meaningful doses too.

ZagNative
02-01-2017, 05:14 AM
In case anyone has trouble finding that interview on SI's facebook, it can also be found here: https://www.facebook.com/mary.frances.906

(I have to watch it again, because it's so good!)