PDA

View Full Version : '13 Zags reflect on what's in store for current #1 GU

Section 116
01-30-2017, 07:52 PM
From the Spokesman-Reviews John Blanchette: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/jan/30/blanchette-2013-bulldogs-reflect-on-whats-in-store/

ZagaZags
01-30-2017, 08:52 PM
Karnowski is the only scholarship player to be on two different #1 teams for GU.

Reborn
01-30-2017, 09:40 PM
This is not 2013. It' 2017. This is not the 2013 Zags. I love the '13 Zags, and they were really good and had really good players, but once Gary Bell was injured, the team was not quite as good. I bled for that team because Bell got hurt. I think there are two differences between that team and this year's. This year's team has a better bench, actually way better, and this year's team plays much better defense. One more thing that needs to be said is that NWG is a better point guard, both on offense and defense. Pangos was a great point guard, and I SURELY LOVED HIM, but in all honesty, NWG is better, and THAT says a lot about how good Goss is.

I AM ONE WHO BELIEVES THIS IS THE BEST ZAG TEAM EVER, AND THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT HOW GOOD THEY ARE BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN A FEW GREAT TEAMS BEFORE THIS ONE. I have loved and bled with each one of them. We had a very good team last year, and by the end of the season they may have been as good as any who went before them. We have two of their talented guards back this year. By the time conference play started, I began to believe that the Zags could go undefeated. I still feel that way now. THEY are that good.

Go Zags!!!

Birddog
01-31-2017, 03:29 AM
Karnowski is the only scholarship player to be on two different #1 teams for GU.

And Bakamus is the only non-scholarship player to be on 2 different #1 ranked teams for GU.