PDA

View Full Version : Tillie update

Section 116
01-30-2017, 06:02 PM
I started a new thread regarding this subject because I thought there would be widespread interest in the latest developments regarding Killian Tillie's recovery from his recent injury. According to KREM 2 sports reporter Darnay Tripp on this evening's local news, Tillie was able to run, jump and do defensive slides this weekend. He also reported Tillie most likely will be available versus BYU this Thursday, although not at 100%.

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-30-2017, 06:10 PM
Awe-Some!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/797905515095289856/kZ9P9YIY_400x400.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/killiantillie

Virginia Zags Fan
01-30-2017, 06:11 PM
Great news! Heal up fast young man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section 116
01-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Love the picture Mad Man. Tillie is already a favorite of my wife and me!!!!

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-30-2017, 06:16 PM
Guess who's back?
Back again?
Tillie's back...
Tell a friend...

http://ivy.pagesperso-orange.fr/eminem.jpg

MDABE80
01-30-2017, 06:17 PM
He'll be in full force in a few weeks. We can use him. Tough those sprains. Trainers must be doing a very good job.

Hoopaholic
01-30-2017, 06:20 PM
Awe-Some!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/797905515095289856/kZ9P9YIY_400x400.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/killiantillie

Bet he wears these high tops and not his blue low cuts

Glad to have him back

ZionZag
01-30-2017, 06:26 PM
It's a double good news day

Goshzagit
01-30-2017, 06:39 PM
Bet he wears these high tops and not his blue low cuts

Glad to have him back

This on both accounts.

Leather strapped high top shoes vs breathable, mesh low tops make a difference.

Hoopaholic
01-30-2017, 07:05 PM
This on both accounts.

Leather strapped high top shoes vs breathable, mesh low tops make a difference.

Except when taking a casual stroll down at the boardwalk

mattydog73
01-31-2017, 11:28 AM
I will back up my comments and their certitude. Friendly wager? Rainier tallboy -6 weeks from the date of the injury before he subs back into regulation. Deal?

Me thinks, someone may owe someone a "tallboy" come Thursday...

zagdontzig
01-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Me thinks, someone may owe someone a "tallboy" come Thursday...

He felt my bet was more a wager of ego and less a friendly offer to have a beer. It's absurd I have to clarify this, but I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

If Tillie is back, I'll open a tab at Jack & Dan's to celebrate, and very specifically not pay out on a bet, Tillie's recovery. Pitchers on me up to $200.

EDIT: same thing goes for Seattle residence willing to make their way to Ozzie's in Queen Anne. Would love to meet some Zags out here as a new resident. As for Salt Lake Chapter, I'll see you at the BYU game, we'll battle for the brews at the pong table.

rennis
01-31-2017, 01:01 PM
I would not be real eager to announce an open bar tab at Ozzie's

ZionZag
01-31-2017, 08:15 PM
He felt my bet was more a wager of ego and less a friendly offer to have a beer. It's absurd I have to clarify this, but I'll be very happy to be proven wrong.

If Tillie is back, I'll open a tab at Jack & Dan's to celebrate, and very specifically not pay out on a bet, Tillie's recovery. Pitchers on me up to $200.

EDIT: same thing goes for Seattle residence willing to make their way to Ozzie's in Queen Anne. Would love to meet some Zags out here as a new resident. As for Salt Lake Chapter, I'll see you at the BYU game, we'll battle for the brews at the pong table.

Wait, I'm confused. You're going to be at Jack & Dan's and Ozzie's on Thurs after going to Provo to play pong....I don't want to bet on Tillie's recovery, I want to bet you can't do all that after going to the game on Thurs.

Zagger
02-01-2017, 04:30 AM

Sweet :cheers:
Hope I can join the J&D's celebration date & time. I'll even toss in $50 to help out a fellow Spokanite/Zag fan :)

zagdontzig
02-01-2017, 08:02 AM
Wait, I'm confused. You're going to be at Jack & Dan's and Ozzie's on Thurs after going to Provo to play pong....I don't want to bet on Tillie's recovery, I want to bet you can't do all that after going to the game on Thurs.

no bet. I'm trying to come to Spokane for the Pacific game, so J&D's around that time, and I live in Seattle, so whenever works. And I'm flying to SLC tomorrow for the BYU game.

Sweet :cheers:
Hope I can join the J&D's celebration date & time. I'll even toss in $50 to help out a fellow Spokanite/Zag fan :)

Thanks Zagger! Probably shouldn't be a school night with that much beer...

Kiddwell
02-01-2017, 08:29 AM
Kinda hope Fewie keeps Killian on the bench, with hopes our three healthy bigs can get the job done. Killian's few more days of rest gives this fan a bit more confidence about Killian's ankle totally healing up. Big, big game vs. BYU, no doubt, but looking forward to the biggest thing, The NCAA Dance.

:bishop_smiley:

:]

IowaSERE
02-01-2017, 09:51 AM
Count me and my GF in on the Seattle get together. Is Ozzies the place for a Zag game watch? We're in Kirkland and cant find anywhere thats a Zag supporter.

Ebay
02-01-2017, 10:14 AM
Count me and my GF in on the Seattle get together. Is Ozzies the place for a Zag game watch? We're in Kirkland and cant find anywhere thats a Zag supporter.

Ozzie's is a big Gonzaga bar, especially during the Battle in Seattle(RIP) due to it's close proximity to Key Arena. Also, check out the Ballard Loft for a Zag game. I live in Portland, but I know a bunch of Zags that watch most games there. Think they hang out upstairs.

Section 116
02-02-2017, 06:24 AM
From the Thursday morning Spokesman-Review and Jim Meehan: Tillie, who missed the last two games with a sprained ankle, has participated more in practices this week. He'll likely test the ankle during warm-ups to determine his availability.

thespywhozaggedme
02-02-2017, 06:31 AM
I would still sit him out one more game.

gonstu
02-02-2017, 08:50 AM
I would still sit him out one more game.

I'm with you. I trust the staff but I would gladly trade a loss tonight for a healthy Tillie in March. Hoping everyone makes the smart decision here. If he's good to go, i know we'll all be watching him closely.

thespywhozaggedme
02-02-2017, 09:03 AM
I'm with you. I trust the staff but I would gladly trade a loss tonight for a healthy Tillie in March. Hoping everyone makes the smart decision here. If he's good to go, i know we'll all be watching him closely.

Oh I don't think we will lose with or without Tilley. I just want to get fully recovered.

Zagger
02-02-2017, 12:32 PM
Thanks Zagger! Probably shouldn't be a school night with that much beer...
Prolly the wisest choice ..... although I'm good for a weekday evening if that works out to be best :)

Section 116
02-02-2017, 07:00 PM
Listening to the pregame radio show on the way home from watching the girls crush BYU. Few says Tillie went hard the last two days in practice and will play tonight!

Ezag
02-02-2017, 09:11 PM
He's ok

ProVeeZag
02-02-2017, 09:22 PM
Well so much for the "high ankle sprain" theory! Talk about your rapid recovery.

RenoZag
02-02-2017, 09:25 PM
He and Collins had some freshman moments tonight, yet they collectively came up with:

8 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 2 assists. They were 6-6 from the free throw line (on a night the team went 16-24 from the charity stripe )

(and 8 fouls )

They are great contributors off the bench and tonight they got a great taste of what post-season basketball will feel like.

Glad we have them

Goshzagit
02-02-2017, 09:27 PM
They are great contributors off the bench and tonight they got a great taste of what post-season basketball will feel like.

Glad we have them

This

Birddog
02-02-2017, 09:31 PM
He and Collins had some freshman moments tonight, yet they collectively came up with:

8 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 2 assists. They were 6-6 from the free throw line (on a night the team went 16-24 from the charity stripe )

(and 8 fouls )

Glad we have them

I don't think either was responsible for even one of the plethora of unforced turnovers. Was there enough to qualify as a plethora, it sure seemed like it to me.

RenoZag
02-02-2017, 09:33 PM
I don't think either was responsible for even one of the plethora of unforced turnovers. Was there enough to qualify as a plethora, it sure seemed like it to me.

There was a plethora sighting tonight. . .14 of them. . .