01-30-2017, 11:43 AM
(didn't see this elsewhere)

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

GoZags
01-30-2017, 11:49 AM
I'll take it.

ZagNative
01-30-2017, 12:04 PM
How would we get through these gray, cloudy snow days without basketball to look forward to?

#1 seed. Thanks, fellas!

btzag
01-30-2017, 12:12 PM
That would be a terrible bracket.

1- Gonzaga #1 kenpom
2- Arizona #13
3- West Virginia #5
4- Virginia #2
5- Florida #10

Don't get me wrong I'd like a 1 seed but that bracket has 4 teams deserving of a 2 or better.

rennis
01-30-2017, 12:21 PM
any bracket that doesn't have Louisville in it, I'll take.

willandi
01-30-2017, 12:32 PM
That would be a terrible bracket.

1- Gonzaga #1 kenpom
2- Arizona #13
3- West Virginia #5
4- Virginia #2
5- Florida #10

Don't get me wrong I'd like a 1 seed but that bracket has 4 teams deserving of a 2 or better.

And we would open against Weber...so almost a Davidson type scenario!

TexasZagFan
01-30-2017, 12:57 PM
How would we get through these gray, cloudy snow days without basketball to look forward to?

#1 seed. Thanks, fellas!

Come on down to Texas! We spent the afternoon at our winery in Burleson, 15 miles south of Fort Worth. Temps were in the mid-60s, a few clouds, slight breeze. Must have been a couple hundred folks there, enjoying the festivities while picking up the latest wine club installment.

You might want to head back to Spokane for the summer, though...lol.

Gonzdb8
01-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Come on down to Texas! We spent the afternoon at our winery in Burleson, 15 miles south of Fort Worth. Temps were in the mid-60s, a few clouds, slight breeze. Must have been a couple hundred folks there, enjoying the festivities while picking up the latest wine club installment.

You might want to head back to Spokane for the summer, though...lol.

If you have found a Texas wine that doesn't smell and taste like feet i'd love to hear about it. Not sure if its the grapes, soil, or what, but Texas wines are pretty universally awful so if you have a rec please PM me! Also, i say all this as a native Texan, so not just trying to hate on the lone star state :-)

Markburn1
01-30-2017, 01:40 PM
If you have found a Texas wine that doesn't smell and taste like feet i'd love to hear about it. Not sure if its the grapes, soil, or what, but Texas wines are pretty universally awful so if you have a rec please PM me! Also, i say all this as a native Texan, so not just trying to hate on the lone star state :-)

Perhaps they are still stomping grapes WITH their feet.

bartruff1
01-30-2017, 01:54 PM
And we would open against Weber...so almost a Davidson type scenario!

Hopefully they don't have a Curry....not many do.....but yes, that is a lousy draw with about half the teams in Pomeroy's top 13..

TexasZagFan
01-30-2017, 03:32 PM

I'll bite my tongue on this one. When was the last time you had wine from Texas?

Oh my goodness, there are now over 300 wineries in Texas, and from personal experience, I can heartily recommend two wineries: Llano Estacado in Lubbock, and Lost Oak Winery in Burleson. I'm sure I'll have more recommendations, as my daughter gave me a book on Texas wineries for Christmas.

Lost Oak has a funny story to its name. It started out as Lone Oak Winery, until they won a gold medal for their Viognier in San Francisco. They found out there was a California winery with the same name, and they paid a pretty penny in damages.

You don't need to take my word for the quality of Lost Oak's wines. Yesterday, there must have been at least 200 there to pick up their bimonthly wine club selections. The website is lostoakwinery.com.

Of course, the next time you're down here, there's about two dozen wineries near Fredericksburg in the Hill Country.