PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few Radio Show on now on KGA 1510 Radio

ZagNative
01-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Looking forward to today's show on KGA Radio 1510. http://www.1510kga.com/

Zach Collins is on now, Few coming up.

Section 116
01-30-2017, 11:31 AM
Talking to Zack Collins: It's been way more than I expected coming here. I made the right decision. The coaches started paying attention to me when I was a sophomore which was one the reasons I chose GU. The weather is the one thing I don't like about here. I'm gonna be honest, I'm not used to the cold. I love the fanbase. I heard how great they were but until you are on the court in front of them you have no idea. Hudson said your nickname is Z-Bo, where did that come from. Collins, I have no idea there is no B in my name. Some guys called me that in high school and it kind of followed me here, but I don't know where it came from. The Zags have a great reputation for developing big men which is another reason, don't get me wrong they have a reputation for developing guards too. Hudson asked Collins if he could chose 4 players to surround him on the court who would they be. You can chose high school, buddies, current teammates anyone. Collins said Magic, Jordan, LeBron and Tim Duncan. And where would you want to play and I think he said the new T-Mobil Arena in Vegas. The above is kind of scattered as I turned on the radio as the conversation was under way. By the way Hudson said the WCC player of the week is NWG.

Section 116
01-30-2017, 11:57 AM
Lloyd, Few unavailable at this time. Talking BYU: It's a great opportunity for us. It's gonna be a great challenge. The fans are gonna want blood, but it's an opportunity we embrace. At the end of the day it was our goal to be #1 an we are but that is not the #1 we want. We look at every one of our games as a challenge. Some more than others. Lloyd talked about big beatdowns over the years and he mentioned the 50 point win over SMC in 2001 where Anthony Reason had one of the best dunks in the history of GU basketball, but he said he didn't know if the game was televised then so he didn't now how many folks saw it. Few is coming up. I think he was on the phone with "national media"?

Few: #1 I'm always amazed how much it means to other people. I make note of that and understand it. It's great attention for the school and community. From the team and staff perspective it's business as usual and we are moving on with our normal Monday. To be 22 games in and not have the proverbial game where you lay an egg, the team deserves a lot of credit. We haven't had one of those games you so often have. You don't pay attention to detail, the shots aren't falling, whatever. This team has not had any of that. Human nature would cause you to let your guard down a bit, but to their credit that hasn't happened to this team. They just haven't listened to all the stuff going on around them. 10 games in 5 days, we dealt with some crowds who came up to see an upset and they paid attention to the game plan. We know we're not playing an ACC schedule but we dealt with the hand we had. Now the schedule gets a little more difficult. I don't think people understand to win on the road at a place like Provo. It's difficult to win there on a normal day, but to go in there as GU and the #1 team, it's just that more difficult. The style they play, Mika it's gonna be a challenge. They play with almost complete freedom. Last year they came in here and Collinsworth is having a tough day and then the game is on the line and he launches a winning three. Rose instills a lot of confidence in his players and they play like that. No lead is safe. The pace of play is different. USD, Santa Clara at the bottom of that, these guys (BYU) are at the top. It will be different.

RenoZag
01-30-2017, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the recaps, Section 116.