PDA

View Full Version : Beat BYU

GoZags
01-29-2017, 02:39 PM
Right now, nothing else matters (except perhaps keeping/getting guys healthy). Go Zags.

MDABE80
01-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Eight games left in the regular season. This year is like non other we've had. BYU has the players. They're at their place. It could be a hard game.
SMC too more so at their place.
Nutpunches in BYU won't help! lol

Let just finish this up undefeated, win the tournament and win 6 in a row. I don't want this season to end!

bigblahla
01-29-2017, 03:07 PM
Eight games left in the regular season. This year is like non other we've had. BYU has the players. There at their place it could be a hard game.
SMC too moreso t their place.

Let just finish this up undefeated, win the tournament and win 6 in a row. I don't want this season to end!

I'm with you Doc....that works for me too!

Go!! Zags!!!

ZagMan in Philly
01-29-2017, 03:44 PM
I usually think we struggle against them at their house, but NOT this year.
Beat BYU!!!!

TheZagPhish
01-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Deseret News, Jeff Call

Could BYU's next opponent, unbeaten Gonzaga, come to Provo with a No. 1 ranking? (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865672140/Could-BYUs-next-opponent-unbeaten-Gonzaga-come-to-Provo-with-a-No-1-ranking.html?pg=all)

No matter where coach Mark Few’s Gonzaga team is ranked, BYU is confronting a big challenge.

“They’re really good. I think our guys are really excited to play them. It’s probably as deep and complete of a team Mark’s had for a while,” Rose said. “His guards are really aggressive and strong and he’s got four inside guys who can really score around the basket. They play fast, they play hard and aggressive. It’s a good team. We look forward to playing them and see how we match up, see where we are.”

Beat the Cougars!

jpn17
01-30-2017, 12:26 AM
I usually think we struggle against them at their house, but NOT this year.
Beat BYU!!!!

It's always a tough game, but interestingly enough, Gonzaga is 3-2 in Provo since BYU joined the WCC.

GrizZAG
01-30-2017, 05:06 AM
I hope the refs are Catholic :)

kitzbuel
01-30-2017, 09:04 AM
Eight games left in the regular season. This year is like non other we've had. BYU has the players. They're at their place. It could be a hard game.

So your saying BYU has a puncher's chance?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-30-2017, 06:19 PM
https://www.furcanada.com/web/images_product/2015-11-05_14-11-32_cougar_005.jpg

Reborn
01-30-2017, 08:33 PM
The Cougars may be 12-1, but they do not have the players to beat the Zags. The fans may be sleeping out to get great seats Thursday, but they will sadly bs surprised by how good the Zags are. I will not buy into the hype, even by some here in this forum, about the chance BYU has to beat the Zags and end our dream quickly. I know how desperate Cougar fans are to dethrone gonzaga. They came into the WCC thinking that they'd take over the WCC quickly because they honestly believed the conference was weak, including Gonzaga. They quickly found out the truth. They have never dethroned THE ZAGS. They hope they will finally do it Thursday, but their hope will turn into despair. GOOOOOOO G O N Z A G A!!!!!!!!!!!

Idahozag10
01-30-2017, 11:12 PM
i will be attending the game in provo and am looking forward to rep my zags all over cougar country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caduceus
01-30-2017, 11:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KGqw8aJ.gif

http://i.imgur.com/HNhIS0z.png

rennis
01-31-2017, 06:48 AM
Eight games left in the regular season.

Wow, I didn't realize that until you said it. You're right, the conference season will be over in a blink of an eye. Enjoy this month everyone! They don't come around for most fans often, if ever.

TexasZagFan
01-31-2017, 07:02 AM
Wow, I didn't realize that until you said it. You're right, the conference season will be over in a blink of an eye. Enjoy this month everyone! They don't come around for most fans often, if ever.

This type of season has never come around for the Zags...22-0! By all means, let's savor it.

Reborn
01-31-2017, 07:03 AM
beat BYU. glad you've posted this thread once again.

MontanaCoyote
01-31-2017, 08:58 AM
I hope the refs are Catholic :)

Let's pray for 2 out of 3!

bballbeachbum
01-31-2017, 07:46 PM
beat BYU. glad you've posted this thread once again.

yeah baby!

Beat BYU

DixieZag
01-31-2017, 08:57 PM
So your saying BYU has a puncher's chance?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Weirdly, I think that's maybe the best way to put it.

I, too, like others usually worry about the game going into BYU. But, as of Monday, something has changed my view of the team - that it has the "it" factor (and it wasn't the ranking) and I think we'll go in and play a close game until about the 10:00 mark and then, like SMC, we'll putt-away to end up over 10 pts ahead.

Coach Crazy
02-01-2017, 04:22 AM
There is something off about all of some of the comments coming from Coach Rose and interviewed players.

If the Zags put this one away (and possibly depending on *how*), I would not want to be Randy Bennett.

DixieZag
02-01-2017, 06:46 AM
There is something off about all of some of the comments coming from Coach Rose and interviewed players.

If the Zags put this one away (and possibly depending on *how*), I would not want to be Randy Bennett.

I can't tell what you mean by that.

Zags11
02-01-2017, 06:48 AM

GoZags
02-01-2017, 06:57 AM

I can't either and would love for CC to elaborate ....

Zag for Life

zagmantis2001
02-01-2017, 07:29 AM

GU's three point percentage has been pretty bad (20s and 30s) since the St. Mary's game. Need to pick it up.

maynard g krebs
02-01-2017, 10:44 AM

I think it's like when Yogi Berra said 90% of baseball is half mental, or something like that.

maynard g krebs
02-01-2017, 10:49 AM
GU's three point percentage has been pretty bad (20s and 30s) since the St. Mary's game. Need to pick it up.

Perkins/ NWG dinged up (back/hip); seemed to effect their shooting. Two game slump for Matthews. Melson has found his shot, though; around 49% from 3 the last 10-12 games.

Still scoring well enough w/ the post game for now. The shooting will come back.

TexasZagFan
02-01-2017, 11:24 AM

IMO, the quick 3 on offense is a tactic employed by Few to speed up the pace of the game, at the start of the game. It's deadly when Matthews and NWG are on during the first 5-6 minutes.

Coach Crazy
02-01-2017, 06:33 PM

His statements don't seem incredibly confident. If the belief for a win isn't there at that level of the personnel, they are going to get rolled.

As far as my second statement, if Gonzaga comes to Provo and is able to assert their will, going into Moraga they'll have that "kill switch for the road game against a quality opponent" down. It will be a savage beating.

gonzagafan62
02-01-2017, 06:40 PM
I feel like we really nearly have to win this game.

willandi
02-01-2017, 06:52 PM
I feel like we really nearly have to win this game.

I feel that way every game, this one maybe a little less. Every game the Zags have a target painted on them. It is every other teams super bowl. A loss to BYU or SMC is bearable. A loss to one of the lower tier teams of the WCC is unbearable, but always a chance because they are going to play their best game of the year. A little slip by the Zags and the unthinkable becomes a thought.

I feel that the Zags SHOULD be able to win out, at least in conference...but every game feels like a trap game, at least to me!

ProVeeZag
02-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Perkins/ NWG dinged up (back/hip); seemed to effect their shooting. Two game slump for Matthews. Melson has found his shot, though; around 49% from 3 the last 10-12 games.

Still scoring well enough w/ the post game for now. The shooting will come back.

As Yogi Berra once said: "Slump? I ain't in no slump. I just ain't hittin'..." :)

bballbeachbum
02-01-2017, 09:54 PM
IMO, the quick 3 on offense is a tactic employed by Few to speed up the pace of the game, at the start of the game. It's deadly when Matthews and NWG are on during the first 5-6 minutes.

I hear you but I also think this depends; oftentimes the Zags look to establish the post early in games, and early shot clock jacks contested from deep don't do that; if they are open on the break for 3 that's different, but as others have noted in various ways, Mathews' shot selection can be suspect in this regard at times

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-02-2017, 04:24 PM
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

GoZags
02-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Thump BYU with workmanlike efficiency. Go Zags.

TheZagPhish
02-02-2017, 06:41 PM
Silence the doubters for a couple of minutes.