PDA

View Full Version : JW3 is quickly becoming one of my favorite players

Ezag
01-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Dude flat out plays ever game!

GonzaGAW
01-26-2017, 07:22 PM
me too, and I have to confess, 10 games into the season I questioned why he was starting, but he is now so much more relaxed, letting the game come to him, and his rebounding energy is up.
I like the guy a lot.

zag67
01-26-2017, 08:15 PM
Me three. I cannot believe his motor.

MickMick
01-26-2017, 08:21 PM
The improvement has been astonishing.

I'll admit I was kind of MEH the first handful of games, but man has he really come on strong lately. Gets better every time out.

He makes the easy tip ins and bunnies. In the past, how many times have you complained about a big player missing an easy "bunny"? Enough to know that Williams is a godsend. Goss doesn't miss the "easy" post up shots and lay ins either.

NumberCruncher
01-26-2017, 08:28 PM
He has the strongest fingertips in college basketball. On the opening tips, he doesn't necessarily jump higher or quicker, but if he gets his fingertips on the ball, it goes where he wants it to go. A special talent.

CDC84
01-26-2017, 11:17 PM
What's great about him is that he's the perfect complement to Karnowski in the post. He cuts so well without the basketball. So when PK gets the ball, the defense either has to deal with JWIII cutting, or GU's lethal three point shooters.

Although he hasn't showed it off much, JWIII has a right had hook shot. That shot is impossible to block.

If he weighed more and could more consistently knock down the mid range shot, he might get a serious look from the NBA folks. You can't teach that level of athleticism and his motor. The hook shot with either hand is an elite offensive move. Seven footers can't block it.