PDA

View Full Version : Are there any WCC players that could move into GU's starting line-up?

Bogozags
01-25-2017, 12:29 PM
I have thought about this many times and think there might be one player that could start for GU that plays for another WCC team - Erik Mika. He might challenge JWIII for the PF position.

Your thoughts...

seacatfan
01-25-2017, 12:32 PM
I think you could sub Mathews out for Brownridge and certainly not lose anything, probably improve. Nothing against Mathews, he's been playing well for the Zags, but Brownridge is outstanding.

thespywhozaggedme
Mika would start at pf for us. That's it.

thespywhozaggedme
I think you could sub Mathews out for Brownridge and certainly not lose anything, probably improve. Nothing against Mathews, he's been playing well for the Zags, but Brownridge is outstanding.

Yeah, but he's 6'1 max. But he is an offensive machine.

gonzagafan62
01-25-2017, 12:34 PM
IMO no.

Lots of great players though who put up big numbers like brownridge jock and mikka but they wouldn't be starting in my team. I actually love the team the way it is. Wouldn't change backcourt and wouldn't change the front either

Bogozags
01-25-2017, 12:36 PM

Cat, do you think Brownridge can defend at the same level as Mathews?

coolhandzag
01-25-2017, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't trade any of the starting 5 for anyone else in the WCC.

Hoopaholic
01-25-2017, 12:39 PM

Not me

You lose team buy in
You lose acceptance of a reduction in role for the betterment of team success
You lose out on defense
You lose out on the intermediate drive stop and pop
You lose transition spot up three pressure

to me his style of play would be detrimental to the team play we strive on

Zaga
01-25-2017, 12:43 PM

I agree with you. Mika would be another that could start but I love the chemistry of what we have. Win or Lose I am a Zag fan!

ZagsObserver
01-25-2017, 12:52 PM
Mika, maybe brownridge, maybe the Jock

seacatfan
01-25-2017, 12:56 PM
Cat, do you think Brownridge can defend at the same level as Mathews?

Haven't watched SCU enough to have an answer to that question. Didn't know Brownridge was only 6-1, but I've seen it suggested Mathews is significantly less than his listed 6-4.

Anyway the Zags TEAM is great just the way it is. There are some other talented players in the WCC though.

sittingon50
01-25-2017, 12:57 PM
By all accounts Brownridge is a team first guy. Has had to be the man in many instances because of the lack of talent around him. A good kid & a willing defender.

Guess it depends on style of play you prefer. A spot up shooter or a mini-Ammo, constantly in motion.

seacatfan
01-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Since Brownridge has never played for GU, you can't say he would mess up chemistry or wouldn't buy in to the team concept. You simply don't/can't know that.

Zagger
01-25-2017, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't trade any of the starting 5 for anyone else in the WCC.

I'm with you for what Hoopaholic says ....

You lose team buy in
You lose out on defense

jazzdelmar
01-25-2017, 01:13 PM
Yeah, but he's 6'1 max. But he is an offensive machine.

Mathews is not 6-4 as listed.

seacatfan
01-25-2017, 01:18 PM
Just for fun, against Gonzaga and Arizona this year Brownridge has gone for 23 and 25 respectively and combined 12-26 behind the arc. Not bad. I know he lit up Arizona last year too for like 44 or 45 in an OT game. I know Mathews had at least one 28 or 30 point game against Arizona when he was at Cal. I might do a bit of digging for comparative stats. Brownridge can stroke the 3 and he can attack off the dribble. To suggest otherwise indicates you haven't watched him play at all.

MDABE80
01-25-2017, 01:25 PM
MIKA at the 4. yep. Brownridge at the 3? Maybe 2. He may be 6 1 but he plays bigger. Mike for sure.

TheZagPhish
01-25-2017, 01:43 PM
Collins?

;)

U Zig, I Zag
01-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Brownridge, probably. He has a smooth game.

seacatfan
01-25-2017, 01:47 PM
Didn't try to compile the stats, but it was interesting to look at. Mathews played 6 games against Arizona while at Cal and once at GU. Scored 28 his Jr. year the game in Berkeley, 16 his soph year in Berkeley. Pretty quiet all the games in Tucson and he wasn't a big factor in the game this year (10 points but 3-9 shooting).

Brownridge has played against Arizona twice and scored a combined 69 points. Torched them.

Brownridge has played against GU twice each regular season Fr. thru Jr., in the WCC tourney 1 year and at least one more meeting this year. Only 1 game under double figures, I think that was his Fr. year game @ SCU (Dower 3 just before time expired for the winner!). Several of the games he was in the mid to low teens, but quite a few 20+ and 25+ at least a couple times. No really bad FG% games in 8 games so far against GU.

Mathews and Brownridge have had very different roles on their teams throughout their careers. Maybe if you flip flopped them Brownridge would've been more of a complimentary player and Mathews would've been a high scoring primary option. But you can't deny Brownridge is a baller that shows up in big games and has had to pretty much carry his team most of his career.

sittingon50
01-25-2017, 01:48 PM
Collins?

;)

:clap:

sittingon50
01-25-2017, 01:49 PM
Emery!;)

thespywhozaggedme
01-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Mathews is not 6-4 as listed.

Oh I agree. It's probably about 6'2 and Brownridge is probably about 6 foot even. If Brownridge was 6'4 he would've been a high major prospect the guy was a scoring star out of Chicago.

thespywhozaggedme
01-25-2017, 02:00 PM
Collins?

;)

Op says another WCC team. But it was funny nonetheless.

Markburn1
01-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Didn't try to compile the stats, but it was interesting to look at. Mathews played 6 games against Arizona while at Cal and once at GU. Scored 28 his Jr. year the game in Berkeley, 16 his soph year in Berkeley. Pretty quiet all the games in Tucson and he wasn't a big factor in the game this year (10 points but 3-9 shooting).

Brownridge has played against Arizona twice and scored a combined 69 points. Torched them.

Brownridge has played against GU twice each regular season Fr. thru Jr., in the WCC tourney 1 year and at least one more meeting this year. Only 1 game under double figures, I think that was his Fr. year game @ SCU (Dower 3 just before time expired for the winner!). Several of the games he was in the mid to low teens, but quite a few 20+ and 25+ at least a couple times. No really bad FG% games in 8 games so far against GU.

Mathews and Brownridge have had very different roles on their teams throughout their careers. Maybe if you flip flopped them Brownridge would've been more of a complimentary player and Mathews would've been a high scoring primary option. But you can't deny Brownridge is a baller that shows up in big games and has had to pretty much carry his team most of his career.

Correct. Brownridge has a lower FG % than most players like on their resume, but there is a reason for that. He has been the focus of the opposing coach in game planning to a huge extent because of the lack of talent around him. The kid STILL scores even with teams running two or three different guys at him with no let up. He is nowhere near what you would call a ball hog. He works his butt off to free himself up and sometimes shoots with little space simply because that is usually the best chance his team has of scoring. Melson, Perkins and Williams-Goss all had their turn on him in Santa Clara and the guy never slowed down while making some incredible contested shots. I'd take him on my team any day of the week.

If he were on the Zags team as it was constituted now, the entire rotation would have to be re-evaluated. I wouldn't want to break up the dual point guards and I think he would be too small for the third guard. I would be tempted to bring him in off the bench for a scoring lift, but then would have to think long and hard about Melson's role. All in all, I think Brownridge is just fine where he is at and the Zags 8 man rotation is about as good as we could hope for.

bartruff1
01-25-2017, 03:19 PM
no

jazzdelmar
01-25-2017, 03:37 PM
Oh I agree. It's probably about 6'2 and Brownridge is probably about 6 foot even. If Brownridge was 6'4 he would've been a high major prospect the guy was a scoring star out of Chicago.

Closer to 5-11 or pangos size.

jazzdelmar
01-25-2017, 03:38 PM
Collins?

;)

Wonderful, phish.

CDC84
01-25-2017, 03:40 PM
There might be a guy who could fit into the starting lineup from a talent perspective, but would he be willing to accept his new role? Would he be willing to have less shots? Would he fit with the other players surrounding him? The thing about Gonzaga's starting lineup is that the players complement each other so brilliantly. I wouldn't replace anyone.

rennis
01-25-2017, 03:50 PM
If Matt Carlino was still in the conference I'd take him. Not the first time I've said this, but for a couple years there he was GU's biggest asset every time he was on the floor.

maynard g krebs
01-25-2017, 05:27 PM
I'd consider Hermanson this year. Good size for a wing, and he's added the dimension of slashing to the hoop effectively. 12.8ppg in 27 min, shooting .444 from 3, 80% on ft's and a tick under 60% on his 2's. Not necessarily saying I'd replace Matthews with him, and I like Matthews, but I think Hermanson's in the discussion. Better offensive numbers across the board; slightly better shooting 3's (48//108 v 50/119 for Matthews), but 40/67 shooting 2's v Matthews' 21/50. He's also the go-to perimeter scorer for them and probably is more of a defensive focus.

Admit I don't know enough to compare them defensively, or have access to defensive rankings. Matthews could be better there; I don't really know.

cjm720
01-25-2017, 06:57 PM
Mika for Williams, Brownridge for Matthews...maybe.

To flip the conversation, our top three bench players would start for the vast majority of teams in the league.

Love this team...

TheZagPhish
01-25-2017, 07:35 PM
I'd consider Hermanson this year.

I love Hermanson!

MDABE80
01-25-2017, 08:18 PM
Brownridge over Josh would be something to think about.

bballbeachbum
01-25-2017, 09:37 PM
no, and I love Jared Brownridge, Mika is an excellent ballpalyer, Hermanson too.

jazzdelmar
01-26-2017, 04:06 AM
Brownridge over Josh would be something to think about.

Bingo.

WallaWallaZag
01-26-2017, 05:42 AM
agree with seacat above...you can't know how a player on another team would respond in a different situation.
i would also probably take brownridge over perkins.
i also prefer more of a power 5 sized wing and actually would take lamond murray over mathews at the 3.

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
2016-17 PEPP 33.8 8.2-16.4 .502 1.8-4.2 .434 2.5-3.3 .769 5.5 1.2 0.5 1.3 2.0 2.8 20.7

he's also a long 6'5 205 athlete with excellent bloodlines...

willandi
01-26-2017, 07:57 AM
An interesting counterpoint to this thread is, assuming all are healthy and able to play..."How many WCC teams could the GU provide starting fives for?" With 13 schollies and walk-ons.

My guess would be at least 2 that would be middle of the league or higher, and perhaps a third.

Not how many games would they win, it takes a solid bench to do that. At opening jump, how many starting 5 could the Zags field in the WCC (not mixed and matched with players from other teams)?

CDC84
01-26-2017, 08:23 AM
Brownridge is very, very good, but he's a volume shooter who is prone to hot streaks. I'm just not sure he would be a happy camper at Gonzaga because he never bothered transferring from Santa Clara to go to a better team even though he's had every reason to do it. At least when it comes to basketball. Can't speak for the educational side of it. The latter is what may have kept him at SCU.

TexasZagFan
01-26-2017, 09:14 AM
If Matt Carlino was still in the conference I'd take him. Not the first time I've said this, but for a couple years there he was GU's biggest asset every time he was on the floor.

:000tens:

Call me biased, but I haven't seen anyone in the WCC who would make our 8 man rotation better. The flaws that we've seen are primarily due to not having played together for a large number of games. That issue has just about been resolved.

sittingon50
01-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Brownridge is very, very good, but he's a volume shooter who is prone to hot streaks. I'm just not sure he would be a happy camper at Gonzaga because he never bothered transferring from Santa Clara to go to a better team even though he's had every reason to do it. At least when it comes to basketball. Can't speak for the educational side of it. The latter is what may have kept him at SCU.

Understand that he is very involved in the school outside of basketball as well as the community.

seacatfan
01-26-2017, 12:03 PM
Nice call on Murray, WallaWalla. Don't get to see him much but he's a nice player. His dad was a stud at Cal back in the day.

seacatfan
01-26-2017, 12:05 PM
If he hadn't left school and was still around, Adom Jacko from LMU is one that would warrant consideration.

former1dog
01-26-2017, 12:16 PM
Brownridge, great player. Not a point guard. No way he starts over Perkins.

I like our team and this is a stupid thread.

jazzdelmar
01-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Brownridge, great player. Not a point guard. No way he starts over Perkins.

I like our team and this is a stupid thread.

NWG is our best point guard. Besides, F1, you're taking this way too seriously. Granted it's a bit silly, but it's a great time killer between meaningful games, which in the case of the Zags is measured in months, not weeks.

bartruff1
01-26-2017, 01:57 PM
I assume the players and their parents read this...

now, my children were far from perfect but I didn't tell them and anyone that would listen that I would rather have the student body president or the quarterback than them...

this thread is more than stupid it is thoughtless .....no way to show your gratitude to the players for what they have accomplished..

scott257
01-26-2017, 02:11 PM
:000tens:

Call me biased, but I haven't seen anyone in the WCC who would make our 8 man rotation better. The flaws that we've seen are primarily due to not having played together for a large number of games. That issue has just about been resolved.

I agree but As good as we are, it is good to see there are players that challenge us. I am anxious to see us match up against BYU and Mika, then again to see if St. Mary's can keep out of foul trouble long enough to see the battles in the post.

jake
01-26-2017, 03:55 PM
I assume the players and their parents read this...

now, my children were far from perfect but I didn't tell them and anyone that would listen that I would rather have the student body president or the quarterback than them...

this thread is more than stupid it is thoughtless .....no way to show your gratitude to the players for what they have accomplished..

This is typical fan banter/logic. It's hypothetical lineups. I don't agree that it's thoughtless (and that's before you consider the actual posts which are mostly saying our guys are better than anyone in the league). To me this is more simliar to looking at an all-league starting 5 or voting for player of the year. It doesn't take away from the accomplishments of any other player unless you're presenting it as "boy I wish we could start so and so over Player X because our guy is garbage." No one is saying anything close to that.

In regards to the original post, I think these questions are hard because on any actual team you would rarely have the choice between starting two players of the caliber of Mika and JWIII. The question is really asking are there any other players in the league that are of the same general caliber as the players in our starting 5? I think the answer is, you're talking about a very limited number of players on the other 9 teams. To me that is nothing other than a compliment to the skill, talent, and teamwork demonstrated by our starting 5 and the entire team.

MDABE80
01-26-2017, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=former1dog;1275172]Brownridge, great player. Not a point guard. No way he starts over Perkins.
Josh isn't a point guard either. Good all around out front but he's lucky we got Nigel.

Bogozags
01-26-2017, 07:22 PM
Question: Did we recruit USD's Bailey?

MDABE80
01-26-2017, 07:59 PM
Staff looked. No offer. I'd be delighted to have some of our District 81 kids stay home and play for the Zags. I think David Stocks was the last.

bballbeachbum
01-26-2017, 08:31 PM
[QUOTE=former1dog;1275172]Brownridge, great player. Not a point guard. No way he starts over Perkins.
Josh isn't a point guard either. Good all around out front but he's lucky we got Nigel.

Taking nothing away from NWG who is awesome, but Josh ran the point most of the night tonight, running it more and more in the WCC to free up Nigel to score more Abe. Had zero turnovers tonight too in 33 minutes. though he played very well tonight at the point

Zagsker
01-27-2017, 05:53 AM
Not me

You lose team buy in
You lose out on defense

This was a hypothetical question, in that obviously this would be something that would have had to had happen prior to the season starting,..points 1 and 2 on your part are irrelevant

Just sayin

With that said, I keep Matthews over Brownridge as well

Hoopaholic
01-27-2017, 06:40 AM
This was a hypothetical question, in that obviously this would be something that would have had to had happen prior to the season starting,..points 1 and 2 on your part are irrelevant

Just sayin

With that said, I keep Matthews over Brownridge as well
I don't think so based upon observation of his playing style over the first 3 years of his career...imo

former1dog
01-27-2017, 06:45 AM
[QUOTE=MDABE80;1275335]

Taking nothing away from NWG who is awesome, but Josh ran the point most of the night tonight, running it more and more in the WCC to free up Nigel to score more Abe. Had zero turnovers tonight too in 33 minutes. though he played very well tonight at the point

Not sure why Abe or anyone else would mistake Perkins as not being a point guard. He clearly is and bballbeachbum points out so well, last night he was the primary point guard.

JPtheBeasta
01-27-2017, 07:19 AM
[QUOTE=bballbeachbum;1275780]

Not sure why Abe or anyone else would mistake Perkins as not being a point guard. He clearly is and bballbeachbum points out so well, last night he was the primary point guard.

When Perkins drives to the basket he primarily looks to distribute to another player to score. He brings the ball up the court a lot. He picks his spots with the 3-point shooting and other scoring opportunities. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

It has been said a lot around here that Few likes combo guards and I think this year it is more difficult to separate the roles because Few has two point guards out there who can score and who share the duties quite a bit. I give the nod to NWG just because he seems to be more of a leader on the floor in the sense that he has come up with some big baskets when his team needed it.

TexasZagFan
01-27-2017, 07:22 AM
[QUOTE=former1dog;1276074]

When Perkins drives to the basket he primarily looks to distribute to another player to score. He brings the ball up the court a lot. He picks his spots with the 3-point shooting and other scoring opportunities. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

It has been said a lot around here that Few likes combo guards and I think this year it is more difficult to separate the roles because Few has two point guards out there who can score and who share the duties quite a bit. I give the nod to NWG just because he seems to be more of a leader on the floor in the sense that he has come up with some big baskets when his team needed it.

Josh seems to be perfectly happy with his role, and has shown no reticence in taking a shot when he's open.

Bogozags
01-27-2017, 09:15 AM
Staff looked. No offer. I'd be delighted to have some of our District 81 kids stay home and play for the Zags. I think David Stocks was the last.

No one knew what the future would bring; however, he would be a really nice fit at the SF position for us...not a starter but off the bench.

Also to add about Brownridge...

I watched him play last night against BYU and he made some really nice passes for assists...especially the full court pass that threaded a needle on a fast break. I don't think he could start for GU BUT he is another off the bench that would most definitely add GREAT depth to the bench AND he puts in the required effort on defence.

maynard g krebs
01-27-2017, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE=bballbeachbum;1275780]

Well, if someone doesn't think Lonzo Ball is a pg, that sets the bar pretty high. Of course Perkins is a pg; I'm sure if anyone asked Few what position he was recruited for, it would resolve the question.

MDABE80
01-27-2017, 05:25 PM
Pretty irrelevant Maynard. Ball plays both as does Josh. Often kids are recruited for a position but end up doing other things. Logic prevails. Last year Josh needed an EMac to step up.this year it's Nigel. Nothing wrong with that.

NotoriousZ
01-27-2017, 05:55 PM
Pretty irrelevant Maynard. Ball plays both as does Josh. Often kids are recruited for a position but end up doing other things. Logic prevails. Last year Josh needed an EMac to step up.this year it's Nigel. Nothing wrong with that.

Excuse me for interjecting here, but the Zags needed EMac and NWG to step up, not Perkins. Josh is doing everything right, IMO.

Wouldn't change a thing.

soccerdud
01-27-2017, 06:00 PM

entirely relevant. speaks to your credibility on the subject.

MDABE80
01-27-2017, 07:04 PM
Notorious...last year. Emac saved that season. Nigel is doing it this year. No offense. This turned into a huge issue last year. I think everyone has opinions.. I have mine and I'm not alone. No worries.

basketballzag
01-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Zags have 4 players on the WCC 1st Team by the end of the year.

seacatfan
01-27-2017, 07:54 PM
Emac stepped up at times last year. So did Perkins. So did Dranginis. None of the guards could be described as consistent during the course of the season.

MDABE80
01-27-2017, 08:22 PM
Last 10 games Emac was "it". And in that period, we won the important games including the SMC tussle which put us in the Tournament. Emac was the spear that got us in. He made all the difference. Others played about the same...including WIltjer and DOmas. The guy who stepped it up was Emac. His offense, passing and ,of course his smothering defense. Defense made a huge difference..............as it always does in the playoffs.

maynard g krebs
01-27-2017, 08:48 PM
entirely relevant.

Thanks. I thought so.

maynard g krebs
01-27-2017, 08:49 PM

Nope. Ball plays pg 100%; Alford, Ham, Hol play off Ball (pun intended).

MickMick
01-27-2017, 08:51 PM
Nothing ever stays the same.

Players get better. Perkins is a competent starter now. Vastly improved. It still doesn't erase how severely he lost his composure in the last two minutes against Syracuse in the regional semi final, but as I said, things change. Perkins is obviously more mature as a player. Having said that, I don't want him running the offense in the final minute against a team like Louisville or West Virginia in the post season. There is a history of late game "On ball" pressure causing him to unravel. I want cool hand Goss running the show in that situation. This is what I mean when I say that Goss can carry us over the finish line. It also means that Perkins can still play a significant, contributing role as well. Just let Goss take that load (and anxiety) off of him at crunch time against 3/4 pressure defense.

maynard g krebs
01-27-2017, 09:38 PM
Logic prevails. Last year Josh needed an EMac to step up.this year it's Nigel. Nothing wrong with that.

I do agree that logic prevails. Here's some: McClellan played the SG position last year with Josh at point. EMac took more shots than JP in 150 less minutes (959 v 1109) and averaged 2.0 assists per game and 1.7 turnovers, barely over 1/1. After his early struggles, the last 27 games Perkins had 119 assists to 43 turnovers, something like 2.8/1 ratio with about 4.4 apg.
Hint: the guy with the most assists is the pg, nine times out of ten.

EMc's role last year isn't Nigel's this year. (Though I agree that EMc's play late was great). Josh has adapted admirably to a role shift, as winning players do.

MDABE80
01-27-2017, 10:46 PM
Well it depends on how you define a PG vs an off guard. Not defined by you. The issue isn't an issue. My thought was that Emac took over last year. Josh was better fo rit. No balls flying off court and out the window and then boinking the other players with a boink of the head and then the ball flying somewhere.
Nigel's got the ball this year and he makes the offense go. WIthout him, the so called PG position would be as tenuous as it was last year untill the team changed because of Emac's emergence. Likely you still fantacize Josh would be the designated PG when I doubt he was one. Labelling someone doesn't make the label true.. Have it your own way I guess. I'm just glad we found a real PG like Nigel and I hope we have him next year too.
Define a PG and what one does likely won't help. Thank God we have one this year.

jazzdelmar
01-28-2017, 12:03 AM
Agree w doc and mick. I want NWG with ball at end of big games to come, not Perkins. Though I have no problem w Perkins getting into a position to take a final shot. JP is the nominal PG, NWG is the point or as doc says, the spear

bballbeachbum
01-28-2017, 10:12 AM
I like this, or that...but who cares? Abe said Josh isn't a PG. That's simply wrong, whoever one prefers to have the ball late in the game, etc.
It's factually inaccurate, no matter how many times it's repeated and gaslighted :)

MDABE80
01-28-2017, 10:42 AM
no...Abe never said Josh isn't a PG. He's just not a good one. I'm not sure what he's become but I'm thinking "off" guard. Josh is much better this year but he doesn't handle the ball well.......he seems better because the "handles" are managed mostly by Nigel. I like his shooting but that's only part of the job description. Josh is passable for short periods.

Last year he needed an Emac to take the pressure off. Emac did in the last 10 games of the season...when we began consistently winning without instill fear of a collapse at any time.. This year, it's Nigel who is even a bigger force.

bballbeachbum
01-28-2017, 11:01 AM
no...Abe never said Josh isn't a PG. He's just not a good one. I'm not sure what he's become but I'm thinking "off" guard. Josh is much better this year but he doesn't handle the ball well.......he seems better because the "handles" are managed mostly by Nigel. I like his shooting but that's only part of the job description. Josh is passable for short periods.

Last year he needed an Emac to take the pressure off. Emac did in the last 10 games of the season...when we began consistently winning without instill fear of a collapse at any time.. This year, it's Nigel who is even a bigger force.

look, I'm not trying to be a dick, we can discuss strengths, weaknesses, your opinions, that sounds good, and fun.
But you did say Josh isn't a pg, post #49 of this thread, "Josh isn't a point guard either. " --MDABE80

if you can't get there though, so be it man. and Josh plays a ton of point for the Zags, moreso lately. Does that change with matchups? I would guess yes but I idk. Do NWG and JP share the PG role, sometimes one guy more and sometimes the other? Defintiely yes.

My opinion is that it helps them both play better and the team is much stronger because of it. I agree with Mick about Josh's maturing, we'll see if it continues, but his season so far evidences it, and his decision making has been much improved imo, always getting better. On NWG, he's playing as well as any Zag we've seen, arguably; everyone sees what a flat out stud he is.

Bogozags
01-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see the Zags have 4 players on the WCC 1st Team by the end of the year.

Which players?

Who do you think will be POY?

Hoopaholic
01-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Which players?

Who do you think will be POY?

Shem if we go undefeated poy

Shem, goss. 1 team

Perkins, Williams second team