• Feb 2007

Injury report?

Injury report, anyone?
  • vandalzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Injury report, anyone?
    My back is sore but I am gutting it out at work. Thanks for asking.

Comment

• gonstu
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      Injury report, anyone?
      Was thinking the same thing. No news out of spokane?

Comment

• GoZags
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
        Rub a little dirt on it ....
        sigpic
        “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
        ——-
        List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
        Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Just day old news

Freshman forward Killian Tillie sprained his right ankle and needed assistance leaving the floor. The outcome had been decided – No. 3 Gonzaga would coast to an 83-64 victory over the Pilots at the Chiles Center – so the post-game concerns shifted to Tillie’s health.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

They were going to take yesterday off, so was not expecting anything.

Perhaps after practice this afternoon.
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                Rub a little dirt on it ....
                Big D's helping out his Opa, volunteering to walk the dog home after we pick him up after-school.

It's quite a sight to see them together, a 40 lb boy and a 90 lb dog walking stride for stride.

She's not trained, she's just gassed after a couple of miles...lol.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2011

Originally posted by vandalzag View Post
                  In other words, you're "day to day"? Aren't we all...
                  "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                  —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

Good to see that sarcasm is operating at a championship level.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                      Good to see that sarcasm is operating at a championship level.
                      Yes, very helpful. And particularly hilarious.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                        Zag for Life
                        • Dec 2007

I tapped two sources to no avail. Tight lipped.

No details relaeased, not even to people within or around the program at this time.

Interesting...usually this means either good/safe news all around...or the exact opposite.

At least we'll know tomorrow, as the team is required to release an update before tip off.

We know Tillie is injured, however the severity & prognosis is unknown.

Personally, I am most curious about J3's knee, esp considering his previous issues. Was it re-injured, same as before, or something he could play or nag him the rest of the season?

Although, JWIII IS expected to play vs USD. I'd like to know if its the same knee issue which bothered him all off season? Will he have to pull a Blake Stepp or Pangos or Bouldin & play at 50% the rest of the way?

I will be anxiously awaiting updates.

I still feel our quiet MVP this season has been JWIII. He has brought an element we havent had before...a shot blocking, skilled, athletic, & rangy 4/PF man. He has been the x factor. We have had great PG's before, and big men, but not guys who can defend, slash, & play above the rim with BCS forwards. He's the high motor glue in the paint this team needs to advance past a 2nd wkend.

And his post game is built upon his hops and healthy knees.

Comment

• gonstu
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
                          I tapped two sources to no avail. Tight lipped.

No details relaeased, not even to people within or around the program at this time.

Interesting...usually this means either good/safe news all around...or the exact opposite.

At least we'll know tomorrow, as the team is required to release an update before tip off.

We know Tillie is injured, however the severity & prognosis is unknown.
                          I have no sources. My guess is no news = bad news. Either way, the season moves on.

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Actually, I usually find that no news is good news. Usually with most programs if a kid has a catastrophic injury, you hear about it soon after the medical results have come in. That would've meant yesterday or today. Jim Meehan did his pre-game story:

Is it a slam-dunk Gonzaga will be ranked No. 1 when the polls are released Monday? Nope. Is it an open 5-footer on the low block that the Zags are on track to move into the top spot? Probably. That seems to be the consensus nationally, though opinions vary wildly.

Gonzaga could be without freshman forward Killian Tillie, who sprained his ankle in Monday’s win at Portland. Junior forward Johnathan Williams, who hobbled off the floor about 30 seconds after Tillie, is expected to play.
                            "Could be without" suggests to me that there is a slight possibility he could play, and they want to keep the Toreros "wondering." Either that or that he probably won't play, but that this isn't a thing that they think will go on for weeks and weeks and weeks. But what do I know.

As for JWIII, from what I saw during the replay, and from what I have heard, he just bumped knees with the Portland player. I have done that before, and it can be quite painful for a period. We'll be able to see if it is something that could keep nagging him if it effects his explosiveness against USD. You can usually tell if a player is favoring a leg as well.

Comment

• gonstu
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

hope youre right

Comment

Working...
                              X