PDA

View Full Version : GU vs Pilots Post game talk

Reborn
01-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Gonzaga 83
Portland 64

Zags and Pilots both played much better. Zags defence was a thing of beauty tonight. Hd it not been for the clean-up crew the score would have reflected that very good defensive effort Ball movement was excellent. It was nice to see a packed Arena. I enjoyed the game tonight. I hope Tillie is ok.

ProVeeZag
01-23-2017, 09:10 PM
Gonzaga 83
Portland 64

Zags and Pilots both played much better. Zags defence was a thing of beauty tonight. Hd it not been for the clean-up crew the score would have reflected that very good defensive effort Ball movement was excellent. It was nice to see a packed Arena. I enjoyed the game tonight. I hope Tillie is ok.

Agreed, the defense was amazing. Portland did not score a single point in a roughly 7 minute period spanning the end of the 1st half and beginning of the 2nd. The Pilots were stuck on 23 for what seemed an eternity. That's when our lead exploded to about 20 points. Until mop-up time, Portland was headed for a score in the low 50's. Defense: Don't leave home without it!

Reborn
01-23-2017, 10:00 PM
Agreed, the defense was amazing. Portland did not score a single point in a roughly 7 minute period spanning the end of the 1st half and beginning of the 2nd. The Pilots were stuck on 23 for what seemed an eternity. That's when our lead exploded to about 20 points. Until mop-up time, Portland was headed for a score in the low 50's. Defense: Don't leave home without it!

the lead grew to 33 points.

whatazag
01-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Once Porter gets some of his recruits in there, I think Portland could end up being one of the better teams in the WCC. I thought he had good schemes in place on both offense and defense, just didn't have the talent to compete with us. Not a big deal, but he also was on point with his timeouts to stop our momentum in both games.

I didn't do the game thread last night, so don't know if its been mentioned, but I liked the announcing crew for this game. Infinitely better than the garbage crew we got for our last ESPN game.

ProVeeZag
01-24-2017, 02:54 PM
the lead grew to 33 points.

Just to clarify, I was referring to that 7-minute scoreless period of time for Portland, not the eventual biggest lead of the game you mention. By the time the Pilots scored their 24th and 25th points, the outcome of the game had essentially been determined.