PDA

View Full Version : Edwards and Alberts

GrizZAG
01-23-2017, 07:15 PM
Hmmm, sounds like some kind of cigar. It was nice to see them on the floor tonight and really liked their contributions. Edwards looked pretty decent in his limited minutes. I liked the rebound as much as his scoring.

Hoopaholic
01-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Hmmm, sounds like some kind of cigar. It was nice to see them on the floor tonight and really liked their contributions. Edwards looked pretty decent in his limited minutes. I liked the rebound as much as his scoring.

Two tracked mind. Golf and cigars

Good to see both getting little run time

jpn17
01-23-2017, 08:59 PM
I've always liked what Edwards brings, it's a shame he doesn't get more playing time. He's been behind some great talent here. I remember when he was a freshman, the Zags got in foul trouble in the first half down in Provo and they needed him to pick up a few minutes and he did well in a tough place to play, making a few baskets and being a big interior presence. Hopefully he'll manage to pick up some more minutes here and there for the remainder of the season.

ProVeeZag
01-23-2017, 09:04 PM
Edwards was effective while in there, has good hands and can shoot the ball. I think tonight's performance could earn him more minutes in the games against USD and Pepp later this week. Props also to Alberts, he looked fine out there.

TheZagPhish
01-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Jones also showed a small sample of what he can bring. Perhaps there is a "special team" vibe that has taken hold of all the players and makes them all a bit better, try a little harder. Whatever it is, I don't think there is another bench quite like ours - through the last player.

Hat tip to the players working hard at the end, especially Edwards. Very nice to see.

Zagger
01-24-2017, 04:01 AM
It was good to see Edwards out there. In practice the guys are playing with the best of the WCC - heck, they're playing with the #3 team in the nation. They should look good against any WCC foe. As per what you said TZ Phish - we've got a special bench. I'm looking forward to Thursday's game.

Bogozags
01-24-2017, 08:08 AM
It was just a little under a year ago when Mr. Edwards had a decent role on the team...in fact he was the only replacement for either KW or DS and his injury might have had a an affect on our game with SU...

I am not at practice so can't speak for his performance there but he was given quality time last season...no doubt all his minutes went to Zack and we have six players on the third team and only five can play at one time...

We have come a long, long way since the days of Foster coming off the bench...I just wish PK could block shots like him...lol

Mr Vulture
01-24-2017, 09:27 AM
Out of curiosity, was there some sort of injury or something that set Edwards back at the beginning of the year or in the offseason? I ask because he looks like his conditioning is way out of whack and he never seemed as if he was able to compete for minutes. When I see him in the games, you can see a real soft touch for a big guy and he looks like a guy that can contribute some minutes moving forward.

soccerdud
01-24-2017, 10:14 AM
Out of curiosity, was there some sort of injury or something that set Edwards back at the beginning of the year or in the offseason? I ask because he looks like his conditioning is way out of whack and he never seemed as if he was able to compete for minutes. When I see him in the games, you can see a real soft touch for a big guy and he looks like a guy that can contribute some minutes moving forward.

around the december games i believe there was a spokesman article that said he had been pretty sick. that's the only thing i am aware of. sorry, not sure which game and don't have a link.