PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - Portland 01-23-17

kitzbuel
01-23-2017, 05:56 PM
Zags respond against Portland in the make up game.

Who is your GUnit?

Box:
www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400933945

Zagger
01-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Portland Kid!
Good shooting and good D.
Hope Tillie & J3 are OK!

gonzagafan62
01-23-2017, 06:08 PM
Wish I felt good enough to vote

MontanaCoyote
01-23-2017, 06:15 PM
4 way close. Went with Karno. Didn't miss + 5 assists. Brought order to the game.

ZagNative
01-23-2017, 06:25 PM
I went with Zach Collins. 13 points and 8 rebounds in 15 minutes. Just seemed like it was his turn this time out.

Birddog
01-23-2017, 06:28 PM
I went with Collins, just barely ahead of Karno and Williams, several Zags had very good though not remarkable games.

zagapotomus
01-23-2017, 06:55 PM
Edwards is my man. Way to be ready to knock down a few Js.

mzimmer
01-23-2017, 08:17 PM
How would it not be Collins. Am I missing something? Lead in points and rebounds in 15mins.

Man you guys are a tough fan base. We will take him if you guys don't want him ��

Reborn
01-23-2017, 08:38 PM
I voted for Collins. Great job, kid.
Melson also played great. Great job Solas. I'm glad u had a nice homecoming.

ProVeeZag
01-23-2017, 08:59 PM
4 way close. Went with Karno. Didn't miss + 5 assists. Brought order to the game.

I went with Karno also in a photo finish with Williams/Collins. Loved his passing. Also he got such deep position in the paint and went to work inside - really impressed me with his footwork and touch. Also a couple of nice blocks.

MDABE80
01-23-2017, 09:00 PM
Collins for me. This game was not exactly a favorite of mine. Their center is a 7-1 hack. From the time Karno finally said "enough". the game seemed to just drag on. I loved the 50-26 margin. It wasn't enough. Something about this particular pdx team is unsettling.

ProVeeZag
01-23-2017, 09:27 PM
Collins for me. This game was not exactly a favorite of mine. Their center is a 7-1 hack. From the time Karno finally said "enough". the game seemed to just drag on. I loved the 50-26 margin. It wasn't enough. Something about this particular pdx team is unsettling.

It seemed to me that Coach Porter may have challenged his team to play extra physically hard, defend their home court, etc. This is not a very talented Pilots squad, especially without their injured point guard Winterring. It got chippy at times. Reminds me of all those games in years past in the Leavey Center in Santa Clara that turned into absolute wrestling brawls, mainly due to Bronco's just not being that skilled at playing basketball. Not that many fouls were called tonight in Portland, partially due to there not being any question as to the ultimate outcome of the game. Coach Porter has a lot of work ahead of him, just my opinion.

seacatfan
01-23-2017, 10:10 PM
I didn't vote, didn't seem like any one Zag stood out above the others tonight. I'm curious why Mathews isn't one of the potential voting options though, he had another nice night shooting the ball.

MontanaCoyote
01-24-2017, 08:00 AM
[QUOTE=ProVeeZag;1274009]I went with Karno also in a photo finish with Williams/Collins. Loved his passing. Also he got such deep position in the paint and went to work inside - really impressed me with his footwork and touch. Also a couple of nice blocks.[/QUOTE

Yes, Karno's passing! So fun to watch and so effective. Even when it doesn't result in an assist, it's still "worth" points in my book by injecting an element into the game that changes the game and forces defense's to ALWAYS keep it in mind.
Just another way in which stats don't always tell the whole story.

willandi
01-24-2017, 08:06 AM
With his 5 assists, 2-3 of them for 3's. The mountains 8 points become 18 points. His 5 boards and huge presence accounts for lots too.

I went with Karno!

LongIslandZagFan
01-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Went with Zach... but a case could be made for everyone on the list.

kitzbuel
01-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Went with Zach based on his rebounding. Good to see him working on that.

ProVeeZag
01-24-2017, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=ProVeeZag;1274009]I went with Karno also in a photo finish with Williams/Collins. Loved his passing. Also he got such deep position in the paint and went to work inside - really impressed me with his footwork and touch. Also a couple of nice blocks.[/QUOTE

Yes, Karno's passing! So fun to watch and so effective. Even when it doesn't result in an assist, it's still "worth" points in my book by injecting an element into the game that changes the game and forces defense's to ALWAYS keep it in mind.
Just another way in which stats don't always tell the whole story.

It's not unusual for a Karno pass to a man on the 3-pt line gets the defense to over shift, then one or two additional passes around the perimeter result in the eventual open 3. No assist for Karno, but he is "Mr Inside" on the inside-out game. Good observation MTCoyote.

MontanaCoyote
01-24-2017, 04:55 PM
I
[QUOTE=MontanaCoyote;1274096]

It's not unusual for a Karno pass to a man on the 3-pt line gets the defense to over shift, then one or two additional passes around the perimeter result in the eventual open 3. No assist for Karno, but he is "Mr Inside" on the inside-out game. Good observation MTCoyote.

Hey, every now and then. Thanks!