PDA

View Full Version : Phillip Hartwich

SWZag
01-23-2017, 05:23 PM
I just want to share my view that Phillip Hartwich of Portland seems to be a very classy player. At least twice now he's helped our players up after tough but clean fouls (Williams and Williams-Goss Friday).

I just appreciate classy play. No more to say.

adoptedzag
01-23-2017, 05:25 PM
I just want to share my view that Phillip Hartwich of Portland seems to be a very classy player. At least twice now he's helped our players up after tough but clean fouls (Williams and Williams-Goss Friday).

I just appreciate classy play. No more to say.

I agree. I think it's a Euro thing.

willandi
01-23-2017, 06:15 PM
I saw that at a HS game this weekend and really appreciated it. I wish the Zag players would,

sittingon50
01-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Pretty sure he was the guy yappin' @ Karno at the start of the game, & then pounding his chest at the bench.

GrizZAG
01-23-2017, 06:36 PM
Pretty sure he was the guy yappin' @ Karno at the start of the game, & then pounding his chest at the bench.

Yes it was. He was more than fouling Karno with no foul called and then celebrated when Mt. K got ticked off. How did refs miss all that? His celebration was over the top by the bench but it got his team fired up there for a while. Haven't seen Karno square off like that before.

SWZag
01-23-2017, 06:42 PM

Germans and Pols have an interesting relationship.

sittingon50
01-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Germans and Pols have an interesting relationship.

:clap:

Nice one, SW!

willandi
01-23-2017, 06:58 PM
I would expect that anytime a position player goes up against the same position, and one that is touted as one of the best in the country, there is that kind of activity. When it isn't called, it's a reason to celebrate. One of the few for Portland tonight.

What bothers me more is the offensive dribbler with the off hand. If the space between the ball handler and the defensive player is defined by an extended arm, it is a foul. Only one was called tonight, out of almost every drive!