PDA

View Full Version : Zags vs Pilots It's Game Day

Reborn
01-23-2017, 06:49 AM
the best day of the week. It seems like I have just taken my Zag gear off. Oh well. It's time to get it back on.
The game's at 5; so we won't have to wait as long to see our boys play. I like it. I'M QUITE PUMPED UP ABOUT THE GAME. The game tonight will be a thing of beauty, the kind of game we're used to seeing. I'M excited. Are you?

Go Zags!!!

former1dog
01-23-2017, 06:50 AM
I hope so Reborn. The team needs to wake up from its slumber of Saturday night. Would love to see our real team come out and play, not the impostors we saw on Saturday.

Reborn
01-23-2017, 07:17 AM
I hope so Reborn. The team needs to wake up from its slumber of Saturday night. Would love to see our real team come out and play, not the impostors we saw on Saturday.

I wouldn't call them impostors. I watched the game again yesterday, and there were some great plays, and they won by 21 points, and held the Pilots to 52 points. The Zags won't always play their A game. I can understand why there were some feeling let down, but this is a rough stretch for the team.

Gonzdb8
01-23-2017, 07:29 AM

thats kinda harsh. they didn't play a great game but still got a 21 point win against a motivated opponent who knows us really well. that said, i share the sentiment in that i'd love to see them come out and play the game they're capable of. Go Zags!

TexasZagFan
01-23-2017, 09:40 AM
thats kinda harsh. they didn't play a great game but still got a 21 point win against a motivated opponent who knows us really well. that said, i share the sentiment in that i'd love to see them come out and play the game they're capable of. Go Zags!

I'm looking forward to tonight's game, after reading the ninja-esque comments from Coach Few.

"It was kind of a choppy game," said Gonzaga coach Mark Few, who is 34-2 against the Pilots. "Portland did a nice job, especially being undermanned, of coming in here and fighting us, playing us physical and beating us to some balls.

"But a 20-point win at home is nothing to not feel good about."

Quote came from game preview on espn website, the link was "undefined."

Zagger
01-23-2017, 09:49 AM
I'm eager to watch the Zags play Portland again! It's kinda neat to have a repeat so soon while Saturday's game is still fresh in mind. I expect the Pilots, and the Zags, to both put up a good game. I'm also eager to see how Melson does in his hometown (hope he really shines!).

amaronizag
01-23-2017, 11:45 AM
After Saturday night's game, our Zags took quite a beating by some on the forum and some in the media. Yes, it was a boring game due to the slow pace of play. But, to put it all in perspective, there were a LOT of D1 men's basketball games on Saturday, and only 4 or 5 were decided by a larger margin of victory. I didn't get the 30 point win I hoped for, but we won and UCLA lost, and those were my two wishes for the week!!!