PDA

View Full Version : Kraziness in the Kennel/Blue and White Scrimmage Info

GonzagaGurl08
10-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Just saw this on the GU athletic website.
http://gozags.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/101307aaa.html

Sounds like it will be a good time. It's news to me that the Pep Band will be playing. It will be a good warm-up for us too.

BobZag
10-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Thanks, GGurl08.

Gonzaga University's men's basketball team will conduct a free Kraziness in the Kennel Blue-White scrimmage Oct. 26 at 7 p.m. in the McCarthey Athletic Center.

The event is open to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis until every seat is full. Doors will open at 6 p.m. for the general public.

The 2008 Bulldog players and coaches will be introduced, followed by a dunk exhibition. The scrimmage will consist of two, 20-minute running-clock halves.

"This is a dress rehearsal for our team and also a chance for the public to see our team for the first time," Gonzaga head coach Mark Few said. "We have some young players on this team and it will be good for them to experience the excitement our fans bring to Gonzaga basketball before we tip it off for real in November."

Several events are also planned around the night, including performances by the Gonzaga Pep Band, cheerleading squad and dance team, and a student promotion will also be part of the festivities.

mendiant
10-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the info..this time should give me plenty of opportunity for OT at work, study time and getting in line by oh, say, 3:30 - 4:00 to get a seat with a view.

Gurl, in another 30 years or so you will have earned a "cool name", but you have already earned respect as a great Zag fan.

love,
mendiant

Unofficial Stylist to the Zags
not to be confused with
Hare Stylist

NorthoftheBorder
10-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I went to the Kraziness in the Kennel two years ago and I don't think the Kennel was even half full.

I doubt that you will have to go early to get a good seat on the 26th.

You could walk in at 6:55 and have your pick of seats.

GonzagaGurl08
10-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I think that it will be a pretty popular event. In the past it has been on Parent's weekend so people are with their parents and don't get a chance to go. If publicized properly this could be one helluva game.

Rubbadub
10-13-2007, 06:19 PM
who wins the dunk contest?

cougs4ever
10-13-2007, 09:57 PM
Ira!

ZagNut08
10-13-2007, 10:12 PM
dunk contest should be fun times...I have a feeling a fair amount of students will show up

ZagManFan
10-14-2007, 03:04 PM
I went to the Kraziness in the Kennel two years ago and I don't think the Kennel was even half full.

I doubt that you will have to go early to get a good seat on the 26th.

You could walk in at 6:55 and have your pick of seats.

Since this is really the only chance I get to see the Zags up close I usually go. I have to agree with North of the border here. I have never seen this full in the last 3 years I have gone. If you show up at 6pm when doors open you will be fine.