PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day

Reborn
01-14-2017, 08:30 AM
The best day of the week. And today we play St Mary's the best team to beat in conference play. Oh what a game it's the one we've been waiting for from the very 1st day. These guys are our rivals. They're the one we love to beat. Both teams are ranked in the polls. i want to tell you about one thing that I know. Gonzaga's the better team. We're playin at home; so the Kennel is going to be crazy. And when the game is over everyone's saying, Wow! That Gonzaga's really amazing.

I love this team, and they make me feel so proud. Over the many years that I've posted here, at the end of my post I say that the BEST is yet to come. Could this be the one I've been waiting for?

Go Zags!!!

zag buddy
01-14-2017, 09:35 AM
You have got to admire St Mary's. Excellent coach and players that don't quit. I look forward with genuine affection each time we play them.

CaliZag07
01-14-2017, 09:53 AM
I'd be hesitant to use the word "admire" but I will use the word respect. Although I have a lot of respect for their program (the WCC would be super boring without a team that can hang with us), I hate their guts and want to see them lose big tonight.

Reborn
01-14-2017, 10:05 AM
I'd be hesitant to use the word "admire" but I will use the word respect. Although I have a lot of respect for their program (the WCC would be super boring without a team that can hang with us), I hate their guts and want to see them lose big tonight.

good post. I agree

JPtheBeasta
01-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Kickert and Samham were great vilains for me to root against but SMC has earned my respect over the years. I direct more sports-related angst towards BYU and SFU- the former because of their unique and annoying blend of aggression and floppiness on the defensive end (and perhaps all of that Jimmer Fredette koolaid that the media drank that year they beat us in the tournament) and the latter mostly because of Coachasuarus Rex. I still love to see us beat SMC, but the wins and losses are no longer as visceral for me.

I do love to poke fun at Bennett's handshake-line exploits (or lack there of), but that is mostly in jest.

I also don't quite get the love that SMC gets around here from some, but to each their own...

Reborn
01-14-2017, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE} I also don't quite get the love that SMC gets around here from some, but to each their own...[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. When it comes to a rivalry, I'm definitely old school. Back in high school we re allowed ti hate our enemy, the rival, for 24 hours. What a relief that was. I went to an all boys Catholic, Jesuit school.

RenoZag
01-14-2017, 12:00 PM
I save my hate for political figures. The Gaels rivalry has been a good one. Expect tonight's chapter to be a closely contested game and not the blow-out some are predicting.

We really will find out how good the Zags are tonight. They haven't had a good test since Orlando. I'm excited.

ZagaZags
01-14-2017, 12:14 PM
I save my hate for political figures. The Gaels rivalry has been a good one. Expect tonight's chapter to be a closely contested game and not the blow-out some are predicting.

We really will find out how good the Zags are tonight. They haven't had a good test since Orlando. I'm excited.

I really think GU wins by 10-13 points tonight.