PDA

View Full Version : GU vs USF - Predictions/What you hope to see

LongIslandZagFan
01-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Game is a few days out... thoughts, comments, worries... predictions... Have at it boys and girls!

bartruff1
01-02-2017, 07:48 AM
Gonzaga 83-71

MontanaCoyote
01-02-2017, 07:59 AM
The USF bandbox scares me. It'up close and intimidating. A tough test.
I think a 10 point win with NO INJURIES* would make me happy.

* Y'all get that nausaus feeling in the pit of your stomach when Tillie went down? That's what I'm talk in' about.
No Injuries more important than ranking, RPI, even a loss or two......IMHO.

TacomaZAG
01-02-2017, 08:05 AM
This is the game where the hairball tends to get coughed up................

Keep it down, 10+ point win.

Go ZAGS

TravelinZag
01-02-2017, 08:12 AM
Zags 86-72. More time with starters for back-up bigs in different combinations. Also, bit more time for Melson and Alberts. No injuries. And, heh, how about a near-complete good game, say, 32 good minutes out of 40.

Go Zags! Extend the undefeated streak even as RPI rankings fall.

DixieZag
01-02-2017, 08:28 AM
This is where I really want to see our commitment to defense, size and depth pull out what would slip us up in the past. I expect foul trouble, some hot-shooting from USF and a very frustrating game that we just pull out, similar to Tennessee in some ways, only closer.

Zags 80
Dons 72

RenoZag
01-02-2017, 08:30 AM
Zags win, 85 - 77.

Want to see Karnowski dominate Matt McCarthy. Melson and Williams need to keep the damage Minlend does to a minimum.

ProVeeZag
01-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Zags exert will over Dawns 87 - 70

Would like to see Zags at +12 on rebounding, under 12 on turnovers. Also would like to see a Zag achieve first double-double of this season (Collins maybe?).

jbslicer
01-02-2017, 09:44 AM
I want to see my brother and his wife on TV. They are going. Zags win 74-68.

krii
01-02-2017, 10:04 AM
Zags exert will over Dawns 87 - 70

Would like to see Zags at +12 on rebounding, under 12 on turnovers. Also would like to see a Zag achieve first double-double of this season (Collins maybe?).
I have the same feeling yet controversial.

Zags will win 89-67 and Karnowski will go for 20p/10r/6a/2b to start his Sabonis-que dominance for the rest of the season

Mantua
01-02-2017, 10:04 AM
I want to see the flu vanquished.

Rangerzag
01-02-2017, 11:02 AM
Zags win 81-67.

maynard g krebs
01-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Really hard one to call. Do the Dons who scored 89 on a good defensive Utah team show up, or the ones who couldn't hit a 3 and scored 58 v Santa Clara?

I doubt it's a first half blowout on the road, but Zags pull away a bit in the second.

79-66,

Coach Crazy
01-02-2017, 12:14 PM
Zags 88
Dons 63

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-02-2017, 01:46 PM
The Dons only have two upperclassmen on their roster. They play hard and they have good shooters. The new USF coaching staff is doing good things to develop those young players. They will be a very good team in a year or two. They aren't good enough to beat a top ten team, not yet.

The Zags are bigger, deeper and more experienced.

Zags 77
Dons 68

IowaSERE
01-02-2017, 01:51 PM
SDSU won at War Memorial 62-48. We beat SDSU 69-48.

I'm not too worried about this game. I'll say 78-57 good guys.

Snagglezag
01-02-2017, 02:14 PM

Nitpick, sorry. Aztecs beat the Dawns in Hawaii at the Diamond Head Classic:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=400926719

Hoopaholic
01-02-2017, 02:21 PM
76 zags

62 dons

gonzagafan62
01-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Gonzaga 71
San Francisco 69

MTZag03
01-02-2017, 02:35 PM
Zags by 5. Maybe 83 - 78. Zags have a big lead that gets uncomfortably close at the end. Few staves off another court storming in SF.

MDABE80
01-02-2017, 03:01 PM
A beat down at their place. 20 pt win.

zag67
01-02-2017, 03:03 PM
GU -87 Dons - 61

ProVeeZag
01-02-2017, 07:11 PM
Gonzaga 71
San Francisco 69

A 2-point win, oh man, I better put 9-1-1 on speed dial as I might not survive that. HALP, I've fallen and I can't ...

Outraged
01-02-2017, 08:05 PM
I would like to see great defense, good free throws and a nine man rotation for a consistent two half's. To keep consistent three point shooting we have to save the legs and being able to expand the rotation would do that. I would like to see Run as a defensive stopper for small stretches.

Zagricultural
01-02-2017, 09:03 PM
87-71 Zags

I hope to see the zags shut down the 3 point line.

kitzbuel
01-03-2017, 03:01 AM
USF has no bigs that play routinely. They are going to be guard heavy and try to shoot the lights out. I would like to see our perimeter defense show up early and not give their shooters early confidence.

Zags 82

USF 73

Zagger
01-03-2017, 03:47 AM
Even though my predictions have not been that good I sure thought they were at the time I made them ;)

Maybe I'll do better this time as I really don't feel good about making a prediction on this game. If the Zags can muster a very nice 1st half @ USF I think that they can demolish USF by a wide margin. If the Zags play a so-so 1st half I think the Dons, at home, can muster some interesting 2nd half play. I feel that the game will be decided by the 1st half ..... Zags 90, Dons 65 (It's what a #5 team should do at USF).

On a side note .... after the Zags, USF plays SMC @ SMC on Saturday then BYU @ BYU on 1/12. The Don's are certainly going to get a good WCC upper tier testing these next few days!

stevet75
01-03-2017, 05:33 AM
zags 88, usf 69. USF isn't as good as some think.

bballbeachbum
01-03-2017, 07:48 AM
hope to see the Zag D force the dribble and force tough twos and then board the misses and get out on the break...basically the recipe for the Zags when they play most WCC teams which don't have the size and depth up front and are guard oriented. Unfortunately won't be there for this one but I've endured some of the nightmares at War Memorial over the years. I think the Zags exorcise some of that Thursday

Zaga
01-03-2017, 08:27 AM
89-72 Gonzaga wins! Few goes to the bench....early and often.

#runthetable

LongIslandZagFan
01-03-2017, 08:43 AM
USF is not a high scoring team. I see GU pounding it low for a good chunk of the game due to USF's lack of size.

Going with:

Zags 82
Dons 68

TexasZagFan
01-03-2017, 08:57 AM
No bench technicals ...

DixieZag
01-03-2017, 09:03 AM
No bench technicals ...

One of our bench technicals this year spurred us to a game saving pushback against a run, the Tennessee game you saw with your own eyes, from good seats.

Very occasionally, a technical from a guy that never gets them can be real effective. Makes the guys feel like he's got their back. One time, just a once in a career, I still want to see him confront some referee-driven score management game, I want to see him go full-blown, red-face yelling, trainer restraining, from the tunnel yelling, type of technical. One time. At BYU. #Call it out .....one time.

Reborn
01-03-2017, 10:32 AM
USF has the 4th best record in the WCC, And will give the Zags a better fight, but it will not be enough to defeat the Zags.

GU 89
USF 72

i LOVE WATCHING THIS TEAM PLAY. You never know how the game will be played. It's always interesting to see how a team will defend KARNOWSKY. My guess is that they double team him; swo will we continue to be hot from the outside. I think that our OOC schedule really helped us this year because we had so many tough games on the road. Our outside shooting last weekend was pretty good on the road, and I'm hoping for the same this week end.

TexasZagFan
01-03-2017, 10:37 AM
One of our bench technicals this year spurred us to a game saving pushback against a run, the Tennessee game you saw with your own eyes, from good seats.

Very occasionally, a technical from a guy that never gets them can be real effective. Makes the guys feel like he's got their back. One time, just a once in a career, I still want to see him confront some referee-driven score management game, I want to see him go full-blown, red-face yelling, trainer restraining, from the tunnel yelling, type of technical. One time. At BYU. #Call it out .....one time.

Lord have mercy! If we ever need a bench technical from the likes of Triano/Backamus, we're screwed. :lmao:

I did have a great view of Few's tech in Nashville. He was surprised that he was hit, as it was immediately after NWG had been mugged/fouled by a UT player.

I can't remember a game where fans of both teams were complaining about the calls levied against the opposing players. It was almost surreal.

zagdontzig
01-03-2017, 11:36 AM

That's just not how basketball works.

Bogozags
01-03-2017, 12:42 PM
GU-80
USF-68

USF will play deliberately and hope to hit their 3pt shots...playing at home I think the baskets are going to be larger on their half court.

bigblahla
01-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Zags 90
Dons 74

Go!! Zags!!!

77Zag
01-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Zags plus 14..so, 84-70
No Injuries
Defensive intensity in first half and throughout -- let's not wait for arse chewing at the half.
USF is never easy, but I want my experience to be easier than the past.

Go Zags - Beat the Dons!

bettingman
01-03-2017, 02:42 PM
USF is not a high scoring team. I see GU pounding it low for a good chunk of the game due to USF's lack of size.

Going with:

Zags 82
Dons 68

Well, aside from the miserable performance against Santa Clara on Saturday - the worst game this young USF squad has played all year - the Dons are actually a decent scoring team. They are averaging about 77 ppg and have seven different guys who are legit outside shooters. How will the Zags beat them? One, this team is YOUNG. Only one senior (Boyce) and one junior (Foster, who didn't play much before this season). That's it. It is not unusual for USF to have nothing but lower classmen on the floor. Facing a top-10 team, even at home, is going to result in a lot of nervous energy. I expect USF to turn the ball over a lot.

But most importantly for Gonzaga, they to have to put their Top-10 3pt shooting defense to work. With the exception of the two post players, every Don can shoot it from outside. If USF hangs around in this one, it will be on the perimeter. I don't see McCarthy or the frosh Lull doing much damage inside.

I'm shocked at how many people are calling this a 10 point game or less. If the Zags are really a Top-10 team, they should be able to beat the Dons by 20+. The spread will be something like 18-19 points.

92-74, Gonzaga

GonzaGAW
01-03-2017, 02:51 PM
- bettingman, gotta argree "if" zags are for real they should beat don's by 20 as you suggest.
- but this is why I see an 8 point victory, recent slow starts against inferior teams, and sfu has positive history against us at home. (but hoping for a "relaxed" viewing of the game and a 20 point victory)

- sorry Dixie, gotta undercut your score by a point.

- zags 79
- dons 71

mattydog73
01-03-2017, 02:58 PM
Zags: 87
Dons: 68

Dons chuck up a lot of three's, Zag's don't allow many open three's / limiting Don's to one shot on most possessions will pay dividends.

LongIslandZagFan
01-03-2017, 03:01 PM
Well, aside from the miserable performance against Santa Clara on Saturday - the worst game this young USF squad has played all year - the Dons are actually a decent scoring team. They are averaging about 77 ppg and have seven different guys who are legit outside shooters. How will the Zags beat them? One, this team is YOUNG. Only one senior (Boyce) and one junior (Foster, who didn't play much before this season). That's it. It is not unusual for USF to have nothing but lower classmen on the floor. Facing a top-10 team, even at home, is going to result in a lot of nervous energy. I expect USF to turn the ball over a lot.

But most importantly for Gonzaga, they to have to put their Top-10 3pt shooting defense to work. With the exception of the two post players, every Don can shoot it from outside. If USF hangs around in this one, it will be on the perimeter. I don't see McCarthy or the frosh Lull doing much damage inside.

I'm shocked at how many people are calling this a 10 point game or less. If the Zags are really a Top-10 team, they should be able to beat the Dons by 20+. The spread will be something like 18-19 points.

92-74, Gonzaga

I look more at the games where they haven't broken 60. Also, looking at the level of competition in the high scoring affairs. JMHO, they should be able to score at will against a team like Alcorn State and should have hit 90+ if they were a good scoring team and not peaking out at 78.

Better way to look at it. Per Pomeroy:

GU Off eff ranked 12... USF 131... puts USF pretty much at middle tier offensively
GU Def eff ranked 11... USF 222... puts USF in the bottom tier defensively

Mid-tier O vs top 15 D will likely result in low scoring for USF
Top 15 vs bottom tier D will likely result in a ton of points for GU. If anything, I think I am being generous with the 82 for GU.

bettingman
01-03-2017, 03:23 PM
Not sure how Pomery does offensive efficiency, but I saw the Dons at 64 (#3 in WCC), not 131. And GU at 14. I would consider USF to be a pretty good offensive efficiency team. Not in GU's caliber, but certainly efficient.

And the Def Eff I saw was GU 11, USF 128 (#4 in WCC). The Dons' defense is more mid tier than bottom tier. Again, not in GU's caliber. But better than the Pomeroy numbers suggest. I still say this game will be in the 18-22 point range at the end of the day, but USF should be treated seriously. This is NOT the ninth place team in the WCC like the preseason poll predicted.

basketballzag
01-03-2017, 04:26 PM
Not sure how Pomery does offensive efficiency, but I saw the Dons at 64 (#3 in WCC), not 131. And GU at 14. I would consider USF to be a pretty good offensive efficiency team. Not in GU's caliber, but certainly efficient.

And the Def Eff I saw was GU 11, USF 128 (#4 in WCC). The Dons' defense is more mid tier than bottom tier. Again, not in GU's caliber. But better than the Pomeroy numbers suggest. I still say this game will be in the 18-22 point range at the end of the day, but USF should be treated seriously. This is NOT the ninth place team in the WCC like the preseason poll predicted.

Zags in a total blow-out win by 40.

GoZAGsMang
01-03-2017, 04:45 PM
3 predictions:

1. ZAGs beat the dawns by 20
2. dawns close their msg board to ZAG posters
3. USF goes with the "dress like a green seat" promo

GoZAGsMang

RenoZag
01-03-2017, 05:20 PM

Going with:

Zags 82
Dons 68

I think the Zags win, but USF averages 77 ppg. Not upper echelon but not chopped liver either.

They live by the THREE, die by the THREE.

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-03-2017, 05:43 PM
3 predictions:

1. ZAGs beat the dawns by 20
2. dawns close their msg board to ZAG posters
3. USF goes with the "dress like a green seat" promo

GoZAGsMang

No. 2 was spot on.

I've tried to keep it open, and I know almost everyone that posts here is registered, but:

Anyone that has followed this board over the last 20 years knows that there are a bunch of Gonzaga fans that like to make incendiary posts (and it already started with some deleted ones). SMC not nearly as bad, but they do have a few fans that do that as well.

During "registration times" all it takes is signing up with your email, so not a big deal. You don't go on a email list or anything like that.

Read more: http://donscentral.com/thread/1011/registration-required-bit-post#ixzz4UkzeDNZ6

http://donscentral.com/thread/1011/registration-required-bit-post

GoZAGsMang
01-03-2017, 06:02 PM
If they dont go with my 3rd prediction(3. USF goes with the "dress like a green seat" promo)

I bet they go with "get 2 tickets and 2 beers for 2 bucks"

SunDevilGolfZag
01-03-2017, 06:37 PM
I would like to see a consistent solid effort on defense and common sense officiating that allows players to play.

ProVeeZag
01-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Want to see a cleanly officiated game where the refs are barely noticeable. Just a workmanlike, boring, matter-of-fact 25 point win. Win and advance to the next one.

ZagaZags
01-03-2017, 07:39 PM
I want to see a blowout. Zags 85 Dawns 67.

http://booktrib.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Godzilla-golden-gate.jpg

Karnowski leads the way.

Zags11
01-04-2017, 01:04 AM
Zags 84
USF 68

Goss 14

kitzbuel
01-04-2017, 01:58 AM
This is NOT the ninth place team in the WCC like the preseason poll predicted.

The Santa Clara game puts this in question. USF has to use the GU game as a statement game to counter their performance against the Broncos, even if they lose.

LongIslandZagFan
01-04-2017, 03:51 AM
No. 2 was spot on.

http://donscentral.com/thread/1011/registration-required-bit-post

You know what the incendiary post was? I do. It was mine. I responded to a thread about first week of WCC play. In it they questioned Larsen not playing and if he was a redshirt. I simply responded that Larsen had a preseason knee injury. THAT is what got under Donscentral skin. Dude is absolutely a mental case. The way it was set up... you didn't even need to be a member, but I used my screen name anyhow, because I wasn't trying to be sneaky, I was simply giving them some factual information about a Zag. SMDH.

TexasZagFan
01-04-2017, 04:40 AM
You know what the incendiary post was? I do. It was mine. I responded to a thread about first week of WCC play. In it they questioned Larsen not playing and if he was a redshirt. I simply responded that Larsen had a preseason knee injury. THAT is what got under Donscentral skin. Dude is absolutely a mental case. The way it was set up... you didn't even need to be a member, but I used my screen name anyhow, because I wasn't trying to be sneaky, I was simply giving them some factual information about a Zag. SMDH.

Must have been a great post, LIZF! I clicked on the link and received a demerit from our IT staff! lol

No skin off my nose, I'm looking into taking the DoD buyout.

kitzbuel
01-04-2017, 04:52 AM
What is crazy is that this year has seen GU fans having the most affinity for the USF program in decades. There are plenty of us who are actually interested in USF doing well and look forward to a rivalry.

He is killing their site.

LongIslandZagFan
01-04-2017, 06:17 AM
Another piece of awesomeness... he banned my IP address... for posting Larsen has a knee injury... so I cannot even see the site anymore. No loss really... but shows how thin skinned the guy is.

willandi
01-04-2017, 06:48 AM
Team Stats
TEAM PPG PA FG% RPG APG BPG SPG STRK
84.9 63.9 49.2 41.4 16.7 4.3 7.9 W14
77.3 69.1 48.1 36.9 14.2 2.4 6.4 L1

Better across the board in every category, still, it's there and they always give the Zags trouble...until this year.

Zags 89- Dawns 73.

ZenZag
01-04-2017, 08:37 AM
GU 79
SF 72

All Weather Fan
01-04-2017, 12:39 PM
Zags learned about slow starts on the road at Pacific. Not this time !
Zags - 86
Dons - 67

Zag365
01-04-2017, 02:11 PM
Team and coaches have had several days to prepare. They know better than we what the game means and what the recent history at War Memorial has been. This is not a trap game. I hope to see Zags take a quick lead in first five minutes, hold it for remainder of game, and not give the Dons any runs of more than five or six points. Totally within our capability.

CdAZagFan
01-04-2017, 02:43 PM
Hope to see this GU team really start to become a consistently good rebounding team - that means the guards have to contribute here. Would also love to see two really good halves put together in the same game.

GU 85
USF 72

Martin Centre Mad Man
01-04-2017, 02:52 PM
Another piece of awesomeness... he banned my IP address... for posting Larsen has a knee injury... so I cannot even see the site anymore. No loss really... but shows how thin skinned the guy is.

Do you want me to forward hourly donscentral updates, so you don't miss out on the action?

FriscoKid
01-04-2017, 04:04 PM
USF 73 GU 71. First of the three peat "Part Deux" starts tomorrow. A tight game gets closed out when a Karnowski elbow above the shoulders results in 2 free throws and the ball for the Deadeye Dawns.

Bogozags
01-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Must have been a great post, LIZF! I clicked on the link and received a demerit from our IT staff! lol

No skin off my nose, I'm looking into taking the DoD buyout.

DoD buyout? Explain please THKS

23dpg
01-04-2017, 06:03 PM
76-61. Zags win again

kitzbuel
01-05-2017, 02:47 AM
The whole Frankie Ferrari situation is interesting. He left USF after his fresh year in 2015, sat out last year at a Bay Area JUCO without playing, and now returns this year with three years eligibility.

He clearly had issues with Rex and wanted out of that environment. Looks like Kyle Smith had been on to him before and was able to bring him back into the fold.

GrizZAG
01-05-2017, 03:16 AM
Zags 81 Dons 68

TexasZagFan
01-05-2017, 04:59 AM
DoD buyout? Explain please THKS

At the risk of creating one of the worst thread hijacks of all time, here's the link:

http://www.fedsmith.com/2016/12/27/new-buyout-max-at-dod-will-other-agencies-follow/

Other than going the PM route, I suppose a thread could be started in the Foo. In the interim, I better clean out some old messages.

I still don't have a prediction for tonight, not one of my strong suits.

Zags 85, USF 69, and WMG will be rocking.

CDC84
01-05-2017, 07:14 AM
I would really like to see the Zags come out firing on all cylinders. I didn't like the slow starts against Pepperdine and Pacific. Also, while they need to defend the 3 point line very well tonight, they need to focus on the defensive glass. It needs to be gang rebounding all game long.

TexasZagFan
01-05-2017, 07:18 AM
I would really like to see the Zags come out firing on all cylinders. I didn't like the slow starts against Pepperdine and Pacific. Also, while they need to defend the 3 point line very well tonight, they need to focus on the defensive glass. It needs to be gang rebounding all game long.

The target on our backs seems to grow larger with every win, and now we're one of two undefeated teams remaining...and Baylor needed a last second shot to beat Iowa State in Waco. As if WCC teams needed any more motivation when they play us. WMG will be on fire tonight.

MontanaCoyote
01-05-2017, 07:54 AM
The target on our backs seems to grow larger with every win, and now we're one of two undefeated teams remaining...and Baylor needed a last second shot to beat Iowa State in Waco. As if WCC teams needed any more motivation when they play us. WMG will be on fire tonight.

Preview of game sfgate.stats.com. Reminds us that we're playing in their "gym" (always dangerous in my book) and that we had to come back from a 16 pt deficit with 8:49 left to win last year.

Out of the blocks early and hard boys, then play like you're behind. #5's do that!

ZagzKrak
01-05-2017, 08:06 AM
Zags 93
USF 75

GoZags
01-05-2017, 08:19 AM
Gonzaga 82 USF 68

TexasZagFan
01-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Preview of game sfgate.stats.com. Reminds us that we're playing in their "gym" (always dangerous in my book) and that we had to come back from a 16 pt deficit with 8:49 left to win last year.

Out of the blocks early and hard boys, then play like you're behind. #5's do that!

Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, take the crowd out of the game before the first TV timeout. Put it in overdrive when 6-8 (Melson, Zach, Tillie) enter the game. That's what I'd like to see. Hopefully we can limit Nigel's minutes until he's completely healthy. He'll really be needed for SMC in 9 days.

RenoZag
01-05-2017, 08:41 AM
http://sfgate.stats.com/cbk/preview.asp?g=201701050499

STATS Game Preview

The Dons (11-4, 1-1) are enjoying their best start since opening 12-3 during the 1999-2000 campaign but haven't defeated a top five program since knocking off No. 2 Wichita State on Dec. 29, 1981.

Yet San Francisco needs only to look back to last season's home contest against Gonzaga to realize an upset is possible.

The Dons held a 16-point lead with 8:49 left in regulation before the margin evaporated and the Bulldogs rallied to post a 102-92 overtime victory.

Now San Francisco will make another bid as it begins a tough three-game stretch in which it hosts WCC powers Gonzaga and Saint Mary's before finishing with a road game at Brigham Young.

"It's a major challenge," first-year coach Kyle Smith said. "Believe me, I haven't been sleeping as well as I normally would this week. We have the fifth-ranked team in the nation coming into our gym and we're trying to keep the team loose, confident and prepared."

Meanwhile, Bulldogs junior point guard Nigel Williams-Goss may not be at full strength after dealing with the stomach flu.

Williams-Goss leads Gonzaga in scoring (13.8), assists (4.7) and steals (24) while expertly guiding an offense that averages 84.9 points per game.

Shooting guard Jordan Mathews is in the midst of a hot streak by making 16 of 33 3-point shots over the past four games. The transfer from Cal leads the Bulldogs with 37 3-pointers while ranking fourth on the team in scoring at 10.6 per game.

Senior center Przemek Karnowski (12.7 points, team-best 6.3 rebounds) looks to follow up a strong effort in Saturday's 81-61 win over Pacific. Karnowski contributed 19 points on 8-of-10 shooting and a career-best seven assists.

Sophomore guard Josh Perkins (10.9) and backup freshman power forward Zach Collins (10.5) also average in double figures. Collins is shooting a scintillating 72.5 percent from the field.

The victory over Pacific was Gonzaga's first true road contest of the season. And there were issues as the Bulldogs trailed by eight points early in the second half before using a 25-4 burst to change the complexion of the game and win going away.

"It's a challenge not only for the new guys, just the intensity these teams are coming at us with and you don't get do-overs, but we have some other guys that come from programs that haven't won and quite frankly haven't fared well on the road," Few said. "They need to learn the characteristics that do make you fare well on the road. It's not just our young guys."

San Francisco is led by senior guard Ronnie Boyce, who is averaging 16 points per game and has notched five 20-point outings. Freshman guard Charles Minlend (11.3) and junior forward Chase Foster (10.9) also average in double digits.

FWIW: The STATS "preview" is verbatim the A.P. preview one can find at Yahoo! Sports: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no-5-gonzaga-not-looking-past-san-francisco-030042361--ncaab.html

ZagsObserver
01-05-2017, 08:52 AM
GU 84
SF 64

TravelinZag
01-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Sound defense is the key that unlocks the offense. With Williams-Goss ailing, someone is going to up their game to fillthe void.

GU 90, SF 63.

Go Zags! Keep the undefeated streak going!

upan8th
01-05-2017, 10:27 AM
89-78 closer game than final score would indicate.

Mr Vulture
01-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I kind of expect this game to be an easy Gonzaga win. Typically I dread these SF games on the road but I truly think last weekend will fire up the team. I know NWG was sick on Saturday, as was Perkins, so I'd hope they are feeling better tonight. I'm going Gonzaga 83 and San Francisco 61.

GU69
01-05-2017, 01:08 PM
Not sure what to think here. The Zags should win by 30, and in Spokane they'll win by 40, but Memorial Gym is a strange place. I'm just hoping for an injury-free win. 80-75.

zagdontzig
01-05-2017, 01:14 PM
I kind of expect this game to be an easy Gonzaga win. Typically I dread these SF games on the road but I truly think last weekend will fire up the team. I know NWG was sick on Saturday, as was Perkins, so I'd hope they are feeling better tonight. I'm going Gonzaga 83 and San Francisco 61.

anyone have updated info on whether the bug is still making its roster rounds?

Virginia Zags Fan
01-05-2017, 02:14 PM
92-68 Zags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zag_Dad
01-05-2017, 02:34 PM
GU 82
USF 68

NWG has big game after shaking off the flu. Santa Shem feasts on woeful USF frontcourt and Jordan Matthews goes off on his dad's old team

Zag_Dad
01-05-2017, 02:39 PM

Going with:

Zags 82
Dons 68

With apologies for coming up with the same score as you LIZ ... I made my guess then went back and read the prior posts. You know what they say..."imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"

GO ZAGS

LongIslandZagFan
01-05-2017, 03:25 PM
No worries... I have the tie break on both you and GoZags as I posted it first.

NotoriousZ
01-05-2017, 04:32 PM
79-74 Zags hold on

Zagdawg
01-05-2017, 07:08 PM
I like that we "lucked out" and held the 40% three pt shooting team to to 24%.

ProVeeZag
01-05-2017, 08:33 PM
GU 82
USF 68

NWG has big game after shaking off the flu. Santa Shem feasts on woeful USF frontcourt and Jordan Matthews goes off on his dad's old team

ZagDad, I'd say your prognostications were 'spot on' re: NWG/Shem/Matthews. Nice call!

bartruff1
01-05-2017, 09:22 PM
I like that we "lucked out" and held the 40% three pt shooting team to to 24%.

I see what you did there.....:roll: