PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Switch!

GrizZAG
12-31-2016, 06:56 PM
What happened to those first half starts where the Zags came out like gangbusters in first halves? Now we are asleep and wake up in second. WTH?

Hoopaholic
12-31-2016, 06:57 PM
Designed to let you finish the back 9 without worrying

GrizZAG
12-31-2016, 06:58 PM
You funny Hoop :cheers:

TexasZagFan
12-31-2016, 07:00 PM
Designed to let you finish the back 9 without worrying

Night putting? lol

CDC84
12-31-2016, 07:23 PM
It's going to come back to bite Gonzaga unless they correct it. Thursday night at USF could be dangerous if the Dons get going from three.

It's especially alarming because it hasn't been an issue for most of the season. The fact that Pacific was doubling Karno in the 1st half and GU's guards couldn't hit a three seemed to throw the team out of whack a bit. I felt the officials allowed too much physical contact in this game.

zagbeliever
12-31-2016, 07:26 PM
I didn't realize Nigel was as sick as he is (per Coach Daniels) What a trooper.

RenoZag
12-31-2016, 07:28 PM
I didn't realize Nigel was as sick as he is (per Coach Daniels) What a trooper.

He looked like was ready to puke on his shoes the whole game. . .

ProVeeZag
12-31-2016, 07:35 PM
He looked like was ready to puke on his shoes the whole game. . .

Yet NWG was able to stick it out for 32 minutes. It's what good leaders do...

bartruff1
12-31-2016, 07:43 PM
Overconfident....

ProVeeZag
12-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Just realized in looking at the box score, Zags bagged 52 points in the 2nd half tonight (52-27 margin). Not too shabby!

MontanaCoyote
12-31-2016, 07:48 PM
It's going to come back to bite Gonzaga unless they correct it. Thursday night at USF could be dangerous if the Dons get going from three.

It's especially alarming because it hasn't been an issue for most of the season. The fact that Pacific was doubling Karno in the 1st half and GU's guards couldn't hit a three seemed to throw the team out of whack a bit. I felt the officials allowed too much physical contact in this game.

I bet they correct. Lecture and some good practice time should do it with these guys.

ProVeeZag
12-31-2016, 07:56 PM

Per tonight's box score against Santa Clara, the Dons made 5 of 23 3-pt attempts (21.7%) and were 21 of 54 overall FG (38.9%). Quite a dropoff over their performances last week in the holiday tourney where they reached the final game.

maynard g krebs
12-31-2016, 08:02 PM
Human nature. The inverted schedule w/ almost all the tough games in Nov/Dec had the players locked in and focused defensively, and giving up nothing easy. First 2 league games, 50% shooting or better by the other side in the first half.

They just subconsciously seem to know they can turn it on when they want, since they're so much more talented than the opposition, incl SMC, with BYU the only exception. Coaches gotta be able to push the right buttons to get them to play with the kind of effort they'd need in a power 5 conference.