• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vparcher
    Redshirt
    • Feb 2007

Pargo

Did he forget that basketball is a team game?
  • 4EVERaZAG
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Honestly I'm getting really sick of the Pargo bashing on the board. Game in and game out Pargo consistently brings his best and leaves it all on the court. If coach Few decides that he wants the ball in Pargo's hands at the end of each half instead of DR's then that is just something we are going to have to live with. Pargo is really the only guy we have that can create offense for himself and others. His shooting, passing and rebounding have all been better this year and he is the heart and soul of our team. Nobody last year asked why Morrison wasn't a team player... come on guys... let's not knit pick every single little mistake he makes. Mark my words...By the time he leaves here all of you will be saying what a great and wonderful player he was at Gonzaga.
    sigpic
    "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."-Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• zagfan08
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

4evarazag i agree completely

what is up with all the pargo bashing? he consistently gives it everything he has and carries this team through tough stretches. he is our best 1 on 1 player so whats wrong with him taking it to the hole?

Comment

• FuManShoes
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

The bashing is unfounded, but it is reasonable to criticize the amount of time Pargo is taking to start his drive at the end of halves. I have no problem with the ball being in his hands, but he has to start that play earlier. That said, his shooting, rebounding and passing have been phenomenal. I think he's one of the best guards in the country - hands down.
        “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• zagfan08
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

i agree fuman he needs to go earlier, say at 8 seconds rather than 5.

Comment

• scrooner
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I like to see Pargo with the ball in the first half, but Raivio with the ball in the second half. Let him get to the line.

Comment

• sanfranzagsguy20
              Kennel Club Material
              • Feb 2007

yeah fu said it...i LOVE pargo i love his attitude and his swagger and most of all his game...but its hard to argue against the point that he has failed in numerous attempts at end of halves and/or games to not get the offense started in enough time to get a good shot opportunity...this doesnt make him any less of a talent but as our leader now and in the future jeremy has to learn to correct this type of thing because we will need the ball in his hands in the future...not a bash on pargo..it is constructive criticism of our guy...and believe me pargo will be OUR GUY

Comment

• TM27
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2007

Pargo

I am very happy that our main complaint about our sophmore pg is that he doesnt start the offense early enough (I agree). This is something that is very easy to fix and at some point Pargo/Staff will figure this out.
                TM

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

It's called bad execution, not selfishness

The people on this board who are calling Pargo selfish are just completely off base. It has nothing to do with that, and everything to do with poor clock management and execution. Few wants the ball in Jeremy's hands at end of game situations, and he wants him taking the shot. Whether you like that or not...that's a different situation. But it isn't selfish.

The problem is that Pargo waits so long to get the play started when the game clock is ticking down that he can't even get a good shoot off for himself. Passing the ball to someone is out the question because the clock would expire if he did that. If he were so selfish, why would he wait so long to where he can't even put up the kind of good shot that would make him look like a hero if he canned it? You could make the selfishness argument if he put up a challenged shot with 7 seconds left when he was staring at 2 wide open teammates. But that's not happening.

That all being said, Pargo is a special talent in a lot of ways, but if I am Few, I am putting that ball in D-Rav's hands at end of half situations from now on. Jeremy has become a liability in those sort of game situations, and until he gets better, someone else has to do it. I much more comfortable with D-Rav getting it going and then passing to Pargo as he is going towards the hoop.

Comment

• Zag509
                    Bulldog Fan
                    • Feb 2007

Last year i bashed Pargo, this year i think he has single-handedly won/kept us in games. And how about the shot starting to fall??!!??

Comment

• SoCalZag
                      Bulldog Fan
                      • Feb 2007

Pargo = stud

Without Pargo, we lose by a quite a few more than 1. Brillilant playmaking, and his first dunk swung momentum in our favor, and brought us back in the game...he, DRav, and Pendo kept us close most of the night.

Everybody played with great heart tonight - and how about Mallon trying to play all gimped up? That's a player.

We lost, but I'm proud of the effort. Next year - holy cow.

Comment

• kylasdad
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Feb 2007

pargo = heart.

Without his play in the first half, actually several plays, I don't think gonzaga has a chance to comeback. His dunks got everybody up and the team believing that they can play with these big horses.

Comment

• bigblahla
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Pargo is a Warrior. Glad he's a Zag and that for another two years we'll get to watch his magic.

Go!! Zags!!!
                          "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Feb 2007

Pargo is the best player we have right now!!!

Go easy on him. I wouldn't trade him for anybody right now. Look at our 8 players, I love them all, but Pargo is a leader.
                            "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

• lothar98zag
                              PostPadder General
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                              but if I am Few, I am putting that ball in D-Rav's hands at end of half situations from now on. Jeremy has become a liability in those sort of game situations, and until he gets better, someone else has to do it. I much more comfortable with D-Rav getting it going...
                              agreed
                              youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

Working...
                              X