#18 ARIZONA @ California 8:00 pm ESPN2

Have a good Friday

bartruff1
12-30-2016, 07:28 AM
Two less undefeated teams by Sunday...

TexasZagFan
12-30-2016, 07:38 AM
Two less undefeated teams by Sunday...

1. Either Nova or Creighton, as they square off tomorrow.
2. USC goes down in Eugene.
3. Will Baylor leave Norman unscathed?

If Creighton wins, they'll leapfrog us. I see us staying in the 6-7 hole until we defeat SMC at home on the 14th.

O/T a bit, but our players can't leave their man to help out on defense. SMC is too good beyond the arc to allow them uncontested shots. They killed LMU last night with open 3's.

Hoopaholic
12-30-2016, 08:26 AM
going to see if USC is a real deal kind of team tonight

RenoZag
12-30-2016, 08:44 AM

If I can scrounge the time, I want to watch the Baylor game and the USC game you refer to, Hoop. Haven't seen Baylor since very early in the season and I've not had a chance to watch the Trojans at all.

ProVeeZag
12-30-2016, 11:45 AM

If Ducks play even close to what they did against UCLA, I see the Trojans going down. Hope to be watching this one!

ProVeeZag
12-30-2016, 11:53 AM
If I can scrounge the time, I want to watch the Baylor game and the USC game you refer to, Hoop. Haven't seen Baylor since very early in the season and I've not had a chance to watch the Trojans at all.

I might take a peak at the UCLA/Beaver game just to see how Heister and Walton are doing. Heister normally steps up his game when calling non-Zag tilts. Walton will no doubt allude to the geographic beauties of the PAC NW which opens the door for Heister to interject fishing trivia. I suspect Bruins will be in "beatdown mode" after heartbreaking loss to Ducks. Commentary likely to be more entertaining than the game itself.

TexasZagFan
12-30-2016, 11:54 AM

I'll have to follow OSU online, but I fully expect them to throttle West VA at home. Sure, they were blasted by UNC, but they handled Wichita State. Iba-Gallager Arena will be rocking, even if it's only 3/4 full. When we were there, T Boone either donated thousands of tickets, or casual fans were able to buy tix at $10 each...can't quite recall. Didn't matter, place was 80% of capacity, and LOUD!!!

ETA: Just noticed preseason records of (the TEN teams in the) Big-12, pretty damn impressive. OSU is 7th at 10-2, Iowa State 8th at 8-3.

maynard g krebs
12-30-2016, 01:14 PM
If Ducks play even close to what they did against UCLA, I see the Trojans going down. Hope to be watching this one!

I've been watching the Ducks all year, and either their offense took a big leap or UCLA's defense is really bad. Ducks' offense hasn't looked good till parts of last night. More likely a bit of both, as Brooks is starting to look healthy and Pritchard gets used to D1.

Will be interesting to see if the Ducks have come out a bit flat after a big emotional game while USC was sleepwalking/resting up the second half in Corn Valley.

BoZarth
12-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Watched USC in person over Thanksgiving break and what I saw in person didn't impress. They got by SMU by 5 that night. I hope they keep it going get a decent seed out West and get stuck in the Zags bracket. But they won't. Look at their pre-conference schedule. 8 games at home. No ranked teams beaten. I could go on and on. Still they've won every game they've played so you can't take that away from them.

seacatfan
12-30-2016, 03:56 PM
PJC is supposed to be returning tonight for Arizona, recovered from high ankle sprain quicker than originally predicted. Allonzo Trier is still stuck in limbo.

bartruff1
12-30-2016, 04:06 PM
I'll have to follow OSU online, but I fully expect them to throttle West VA at home. Sure, they were blasted by UNC, but they handled Wichita State. Iba-Gallager Arena will be rocking, even if it's only 3/4 full. When we were there, T Boone either donated thousands of tickets, or casual fans were able to buy tix at $10 each...can't quite recall. Didn't matter, place was 80% of capacity, and LOUD!!!

ETA: Just noticed preseason records of (the TEN teams in the) Big-12, pretty damn impressive. OSU is 7th at 10-2, Iowa State 8th at 8-3.

I usually agree with you (on basketball !!!)...but I think WV is a top ten team and going to be very tough in the Tournament..

Birddog
12-30-2016, 05:02 PM

The Cowboys are improving each game and I wouldn't want to face then in March. They play stout defense.

jazzdelmar
12-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Iowa state wins.

Hoopaholic
12-30-2016, 05:56 PM
I've been watching the Ducks all year, and either their offense took a big leap or UCLA's defense is really bad. Ducks' offense hasn't looked good till parts of last night. More likely a bit of both, as Brooks is starting to look healthy and Pritchard gets used to D1.

Will be interesting to see if the Ducks have come out a bit flat after a big emotional game while USC was sleepwalking/resting up the second half in Corn Valley.

UCLA doesn't play defense

Hoopaholic
12-30-2016, 05:57 PM

Baylor looking for real IMO

RenoZag
12-30-2016, 06:39 PM
Baylor 76
OU 50

West Virginia 92
Oklahoma St 75

whatazag
12-30-2016, 07:24 PM
I feel GU would beat USC or OR based on what I am seeing

RenoZag
12-30-2016, 08:25 PM
I feel GU would beat USC or OR based on what I am seeing

Ducks would be a handful. Not too sure USC would be.

Ducks 59
USC 32

13:28 remaining

Kansas 86
TCU 80 FINAL

seacatfan
12-30-2016, 09:07 PM
Ducks seem to be rounding into shape (just like Maynard said they would). I'm not sure GU would beat them in Eugene.

seacatfan
12-30-2016, 09:08 PM
Oregon St. is hanging in with UCLA, 38-35 w/ 16:35 left in the game.

Scratch that, tie game!

seacatfan
12-30-2016, 09:09 PM
It's inexplicable how OSU was SOOOOOO bad in OOC. They lost to quite a few teams they had no business losing to, even with Tinkle and Thompson both missing some games due to injury.

maynard g krebs
12-30-2016, 09:16 PM
UCLA doesn't play defense

Apparently USC doesn't either.

maynard g krebs
12-30-2016, 09:17 PM
Ducks seem to be rounding into shape (just like Maynard said they would). I'm not sure GU would beat them in Eugene.

Well, it took a minor miracle to pull out the UCLA game.

sittingon50
12-30-2016, 10:06 PM
Arizona wins at Cal.

DixieZag
12-30-2016, 11:25 PM
I thought Arizona looked pretty good, defensively. They couldn't hit anything in the first half, and yet came out with a win on the road against a viable tournament candidate.

gonzagafan62
12-30-2016, 11:29 PM
I thought Arizona looked pretty good, defensively. They couldn't hit anything in the first half, and yet came out with a win on the road against a viable tournament candidate.

I'm not an expert with Arizona do someone help me out. Is Arizona still out all thier players like they were vs GU? I'm just curious to see how that gave we played still resonates vs a team like cal today

sittingon50
12-30-2016, 11:45 PM
Thought I read somewhere that they got their starting PG back for this one.

seacatfan
12-31-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm not an expert with Arizona do someone help me out. Is Arizona still out all thier players like they were vs GU? I'm just curious to see how that gave we played still resonates vs a team like cal today

First game back for PJC, otherwise same lineup as against GU. Trier still has not played a game this season.