#11 West Virginia @ Oklahoma St 1:00 pm ESPN2
    Texas Tech @ IOWA ST 3:00 pm ESPNews
    #4 Baylor @ Oklahoma 4:00 pm ESPN2
    #3 Kansas @ TCU 6:00 pm ESPN2
    #22 USC @ # 21 Oregon 7:00 pm FS1
    #2 UCLA @ Oregon State 8:00 pm PAC12
    #18 ARIZONA @ California 8:00 pm ESPN2

Have a good Friday
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • bartruff1
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2010

Two less undefeated teams by Sunday...

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
      Two less undefeated teams by Sunday...
      1. Either Nova or Creighton, as they square off tomorrow.
      2. USC goes down in Eugene.
      3. Will Baylor leave Norman unscathed?

If Creighton wins, they'll leapfrog us. I see us staying in the 6-7 hole until we defeat SMC at home on the 14th.

O/T a bit, but our players can't leave their man to help out on defense. SMC is too good beyond the arc to allow them uncontested shots. They killed LMU last night with open 3's.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
        • Mar 2008

going to see if USC is a real deal kind of team tonight
        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• RenoZag
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
          If I can scrounge the time, I want to watch the Baylor game and the USC game you refer to, Hoop. Haven't seen Baylor since very early in the season and I've not had a chance to watch the Trojans at all.
          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• ProVeeZag
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
            If Ducks play even close to what they did against UCLA, I see the Trojans going down. Hope to be watching this one!
            "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
            —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• ProVeeZag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2011

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              If I can scrounge the time, I want to watch the Baylor game and the USC game you refer to, Hoop. Haven't seen Baylor since very early in the season and I've not had a chance to watch the Trojans at all.
              I might take a peak at the UCLA/Beaver game just to see how Heister and Walton are doing. Heister normally steps up his game when calling non-Zag tilts. Walton will no doubt allude to the geographic beauties of the PAC NW which opens the door for Heister to interject fishing trivia. I suspect Bruins will be in "beatdown mode" after heartbreaking loss to Ducks. Commentary likely to be more entertaining than the game itself.
              Last edited by ProVeeZag; 12-30-2016, 11:02 AM. Reason: Add Heister/Walton paragraph
              "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
              —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                I'll have to follow OSU online, but I fully expect them to throttle West VA at home. Sure, they were blasted by UNC, but they handled Wichita State. Iba-Gallager Arena will be rocking, even if it's only 3/4 full. When we were there, T Boone either donated thousands of tickets, or casual fans were able to buy tix at $10 each...can't quite recall. Didn't matter, place was 80% of capacity, and LOUD!!!

ETA: Just noticed preseason records of (the TEN teams in the) Big-12, pretty damn impressive. OSU is 7th at 10-2, Iowa State 8th at 8-3.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ProVeeZag View Post
                  If Ducks play even close to what they did against UCLA, I see the Trojans going down. Hope to be watching this one!
                  I've been watching the Ducks all year, and either their offense took a big leap or UCLA's defense is really bad. Ducks' offense hasn't looked good till parts of last night. More likely a bit of both, as Brooks is starting to look healthy and Pritchard gets used to D1.

Will be interesting to see if the Ducks have come out a bit flat after a big emotional game while USC was sleepwalking/resting up the second half in Corn Valley.

Comment

• BoZarth
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

Watched USC in person over Thanksgiving break and what I saw in person didn't impress. They got by SMU by 5 that night. I hope they keep it going get a decent seed out West and get stuck in the Zags bracket. But they won't. Look at their pre-conference schedule. 8 games at home. No ranked teams beaten. I could go on and on. Still they've won every game they've played so you can't take that away from them.

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

PJC is supposed to be returning tonight for Arizona, recovered from high ankle sprain quicker than originally predicted. Allonzo Trier is still stuck in limbo.

Comment

• bartruff1
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                        I'll have to follow OSU online, but I fully expect them to throttle West VA at home. Sure, they were blasted by UNC, but they handled Wichita State. Iba-Gallager Arena will be rocking, even if it's only 3/4 full. When we were there, T Boone either donated thousands of tickets, or casual fans were able to buy tix at $10 each...can't quite recall. Didn't matter, place was 80% of capacity, and LOUD!!!

ETA: Just noticed preseason records of (the TEN teams in the) Big-12, pretty damn impressive. OSU is 7th at 10-2, Iowa State 8th at 8-3.
                        I usually agree with you (on basketball !!!)...but I think WV is a top ten team and going to be very tough in the Tournament..

Comment

• Birddog
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post

The Cowboys are improving each game and I wouldn't want to face then in March. They play stout defense.
                          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                          All mimsy were the borogoves,
                          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Iowa state wins.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by maynard g krebs View Post
                              I've been watching the Ducks all year, and either their offense took a big leap or UCLA's defense is really bad. Ducks' offense hasn't looked good till parts of last night. More likely a bit of both, as Brooks is starting to look healthy and Pritchard gets used to D1.

Will be interesting to see if the Ducks have come out a bit flat after a big emotional game while USC was sleepwalking/resting up the second half in Corn Valley.
                              UCLA doesn't play defense
                              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

Working...
                              X