PDA

View Full Version : GU vs Pepperdine - Predictions/What you hope to see

LongIslandZagFan
12-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Hope all had a happy and merry. Time to get down to business though. Predictions and thoughts on round one of Zags/Waves. Have at it boys and girls!

mattydog73
12-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Zags 103
Waves 63

This should not be close, not even remotely.

Zagger
12-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Zags 100 - Pepperdine 60

Hope to see:
Another 'was it 2 or 3 steps?' dunk by Rui. Another 20-ish points by Collins. Alberts scoring his Zag best. Triano with a couple 3s. Edwards with double digit points (maybe I should up my Zag score to 110?). I'd also like to see some spiffy teamwork/passing/FT shooting/assists by the guards and few TOs. And .... Karnowski above 60% shooting and FTs. PS - I've gotten all I wanted for Christmas (other than Trump mysteriously going bald) so I might as well dream on what I hope to see ;)

GrizZAG
12-27-2016, 05:01 PM
Zags 94 Pepp 70

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-27-2016, 05:04 PM
Zags 96
Waves 67

RemVP will hit the last shot of the game.

gonzagafan62
12-27-2016, 05:12 PM
I don't live in Rhode Island so...

Gonzaga 88
Pepperdine 61

Tillie gets 8

bartruff1
12-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Gonzaga 98 - 63

zag67
12-27-2016, 05:39 PM
GU - 102 - 62

basketballzag
12-27-2016, 05:46 PM
Hope all had a happy and merry. Time to get down to business though. Predictions and thoughts on round one of Zags/Waves. Have at it boys and girls!

I want and predict that Rem will score double digits in this game to get his NBA career back on track. NWG has clearly derailed Rem's NBA prospects this year.

Zag_Dad
12-27-2016, 07:26 PM
Heard a rumor that flu bug has hit ... hoping we survive the game and all affected players recover quickly without contaminating any teammates.

GU 92
Waves 67

DixieZag
12-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Zags 94
Pepp 55

I hope to see the type of defensive effort that holds a team to 50 points.

MontanaCoyote
12-27-2016, 07:41 PM
Our Guys Beat Their Guys And Nobody Gets Hurt

RenoZag
12-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Zags 89
Waves 74

Goshzagit
12-27-2016, 07:45 PM
Heard a rumor that flu bug has hit ... hoping we survive the game and all affected players recover quickly without contaminating any teammates.

GU 92
Waves 67

Heard this is well.

Frustrating.

considering the flu vaccine has proven to be especially effective vs every strain this season.

Flu season has been non existent for those with the vaccine compared to previous years.

My workplace requires a vaccine, if not, we have to give a detailed explanation as to why not or able.

Pretty evident the flu vaccine isnt required when SO many bball programs require it, expect it, preach it.

Always been a pet peeve of mine, as our coaches evidently don't make this a priority for the team and it literally bites us in the ass every season.

Many times, the flu takes weeks, sometimes a month or more to fully recover...more than worth it to get...

Protects others, not only yourself.

willandi
12-27-2016, 07:50 PM
95-60 Gonzaga

Zagricultural
12-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Zags 96
Waves 58

Hope the flu rumors are overrated.

basketballzag
12-27-2016, 10:25 PM

So are you hinting that Rem won't be playing?

Coach Crazy
12-27-2016, 11:37 PM
Zags 101
Ripples 54

I don't care if it's the Zika virus. This team is gonna do work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krii
12-28-2016, 03:18 AM
Zags: 106
Ripples: 60

Karno going mad for 20p/8r/4a/4b with Collins filling the statline with 18p/4r/2a/4b on 100%FG.

Rui with one one the best dunks in the history of the Zags game.

jazzdelmar
12-28-2016, 05:38 AM
Maybe play 3 halves...It is a scrimmage, isn't it?

Hoopaholic
12-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Zags 88
Pepp 70

MileHigh
12-28-2016, 06:19 AM
Pep is gawd awful this year. Walk-on's will have to shower after this one

For me it is a "DVR it and fast forward through it the next day" type of game. No need to watch it live if there is something better to do

BYU, STMarys,and maybe Frisco....those will be the only tests left until the dance

jazzdelmar
12-28-2016, 06:57 AM

For me it is a "DVR it and fast forward through it the next day" type of game. No need to watch it live if there is something better to do

BYU, STMarys,and maybe Frisco....those will be the only tests left until the dance

Agree, and that's stretching it.......Hope it holds my attention for a half......Not a big fan of mop up games....Too many bad habits.....

gonzagafan62
12-28-2016, 07:11 AM

Never gotten this mindset. Season is so short and only 5 months which is one of the shortest seasons in all of sports. I'm watching to see NWG, Collins and the crew. This is a fun and exciting team .... Are you going to miss watching Collins if he decides to leave after this year or next? Why not watch him play when you got the opportunity.

Do what you like lol but it's pretty weird not to watch a game live. That's the only way to really watch a game. This DVR stuff kinda ruins the game for me IMO but I may be in minority.

Anyway hope you enjoyed your Christmas and have a happy new year. It should be a fun rest of the year

ZagsGoZags
12-28-2016, 07:43 AM
gu 113
pepp 64

Zaga
12-28-2016, 07:48 AM
97-56 All Zag's

jazzdelmar
12-28-2016, 08:48 AM
Never gotten this mindset. Season is so short and only 5 months which is one of the shortest seasons in all of sports. I'm watching to see NWG, Collins and the crew. This is a fun and exciting team .... Are you going to miss watching Collins if he decides to leave after this year or next? Why not watch him play when you got the opportunity.

Do what you like lol but it's pretty weird not to watch a game live. That's the only way to really watch a game. This DVR stuff kinda ruins the game for me IMO but I may be in minority.

Anyway hope you enjoyed your Christmas and have a happy new year. It should be a fun rest of the year

More's the pity, 62. I see your point but like others I find it hard to watch GU ravage inferior comp, both in the OOC and, worse, in the WCC.

DixieZag
12-28-2016, 08:49 AM
Heard this is well.

Frustrating.

considering the flu vaccine has proven to be especially effective vs every strain this season.

Flu season has been non existent for those with the vaccine compared to previous years.

My workplace requires a vaccine, if not, we have to give a detailed explanation as to why not or able.

Pretty evident the flu vaccine isnt required when SO many bball programs require it, expect it, preach it.

Always been a pet peeve of mine, as our coaches evidently don't make this a priority for the team and it literally bites us in the ass every season.

Many times, the flu takes weeks, sometimes a month or more to fully recover...more than worth it to get...

Not sure whose source said what, all I know is that 4 out of 5 people who say they have the flu in any given winter really only have a bad cold - which can drop a person very hard, too. But, unless we're really talking about "the flu" versus a bad cold virus going through, the vaccine wouldn't do anything. I have a hard time believing the school and team don't emphasize the importance of the vaccine.

ZenZag
12-28-2016, 08:55 AM
Zags - 91
Pepp - 58

thespywhozaggedme
12-28-2016, 08:58 AM
Heard this is well.

Frustrating.

People still get flu shots? Huh...

ProVeeZag
12-28-2016, 10:50 AM
I want and predict that Rem will score double digits in this game to get his NBA career back on track. NWG has clearly derailed Rem's NBA prospects this year.

Dressing up like Shem's elf sealed it for me ...

ProVeeZag
12-28-2016, 10:54 AM
Zags 100 - Pepperdine 60

Hope to see:
Another 'was it 2 or 3 steps?' dunk by Rui. Another 20-ish points by Collins. Alberts scoring his Zag best. Triano with a couple 3s. Edwards with double digit points (maybe I should up my Zag score to 110?). I'd also like to see some spiffy teamwork/passing/FT shooting/assists by the guards and few TOs. And .... Karnowski above 60% shooting and FTs. PS - I've gotten all I wanted for Christmas (other than Trump mysteriously going bald) so I might as well dream on what I hope to see ;)

Zags 90
Pepp 71

Rui gets whistled for a walk (make-up call with a very long 9-day fuse).

Rem wears Shem's Santa hat while dribbling out the last 10 seconds of this one.

Ezag
12-28-2016, 11:20 AM
Zags 89
Pep 64

and 2 Hachimura throwdowns

titopoet
12-28-2016, 11:24 AM
GU 107 Pepp 59 and Rui into double figures for the second time.

NotoriousZ
12-28-2016, 12:48 PM
98-63 Zags win, Collins with 30

maynard g krebs
12-28-2016, 12:50 PM
Heard this is well.

Frustrating.

My father lived to be almost 93, but his mind only made it to about 88. My mom, an RN who taught for years at a hospital nursing school, got them both flu shots around the year he turned 90. Between 24 and 48 hours later, he started screaming in pain and said it felt like his legs were on fire. Symptoms were exactly like something called Guillane-Barre Syndrome; he had frequent episodes of excruciating pain for about the next 6 months, then gradually the condition subsided and didn't return. My mom, now 93, hasn't gotten a shot since, and given her medical background she's always followed "doctor's orders" on everything else.

My cousin's wife had something similar, though less severe, in her 50's after a shot. And she's a very fit runner/ cross country skier.

Now, that probably wouldn't happen to a young highly conditioned athlete. But since vaccines are a small dose of the virus you're trying to prevent, you never know what will happen.

I'm 62, never had a flu shot and never will. Had the flu once or twice many years ago. It went away pretty quick w/o any medical intervention. Should be a matter of personal choice to get the shot or not. My sister in law is a professional herbalist and can give a pretty good lecture on safer alternatives if one feels the need to reduce flu symptoms, which is all the shot will probably do.

krii
12-28-2016, 12:52 PM
My father lived to be almost 93, but his mind only made it to about 88. My mom, an RN who taught for years at a hospital nursing school, got them both flu shots around the year he turned 90. Between 24 and 48 hours later, he started screaming in pain and said it felt like his legs were on fire. Symptoms were exactly like something called Guillane-Barre Syndrome; he had frequent episodes of excruciating pain for about the next 6 months, then gradually the condition subsided and didn't return. My mom, now 93, hasn't gotten a shot since, and given her medical background she's always followed "doctor's orders" on everything else.

My cousin's wife had something similar, though less severe, in her 50's after a shot. And she's a very fit runner/ cross country skier.

Now, that probably wouldn't happen to a young highly conditioned athlete. But since vaccines are a small dose of the virus you're trying to prevent, you never know what will happen.

I'm 62, never had a flu shot and never will. Had the flu once or twice many years ago. It went away pretty quick w/o any medical intervention. Should be a matter of personal choice to get the shot or not. My sister in law is a professional herbalist and can give a pretty good lecture on safer alternatives if one feels the need to reduce flu symptoms, which is all the shot will probably do.

My mom always told me to drink warm milk with squashed garlic and honey and go straight to bed.

It works until now, I'm rarely having and cold.

bartruff1
12-28-2016, 12:55 PM
I get them every year and have never had a reaction nor have I had the flu...

maynard g krebs
12-28-2016, 12:57 PM
My mom always told me to drink warm milk with squashed garlic and honey and go straight to bed.

It works until now, I'm rarely having and cold.

Garlic's a good one. I use some stuff called Herbal Resistance, a dropper bottle w/ echinacea, goldenseal and some other stuff. I eat an apple every 8 hours, which is enough to keep 3 doctors away. (Joke)

bigblahla
12-28-2016, 01:00 PM
Zags 96-69...

Go!!! Zags!!!

maynard g krebs
12-28-2016, 01:06 PM
94-66.

GU69
12-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Hoping for no injuries and some nice experience for the bench.
Zags, 90 - 60.

gonzagafan62
12-28-2016, 01:55 PM
More's the pity, 62. I see your point but like others I find it hard to watch GU ravage inferior comp, both in the OOC and, worse, in the WCC.

I like it. The less amount of games that are stressful the better and I can just take in the greatness of this team

All Weather Fan
12-28-2016, 02:09 PM
All Zags in this one.......
Zags. - 93
Waves - 64

TravelinZag
12-28-2016, 02:39 PM
Great opportunity for many to play (one at a time) with the starters. Rui, Jones, etc. getting some minutes with four starters could pay dividends in depth down the line. Never know when injuries or illness, foul trouble, cold shooting or an "off" day means usual subs might not be available. Depth, and playing with top players, expands options and just might be the key to escaping a bad day and moving on in the dance. This game, and home against Santa Clara provide opportunities for mix and match, inserting new plays or defenses. Only cost is final result might not cover the spread. Small cost, considering.

Zaga
12-28-2016, 02:52 PM
Rui into double figures for the second time.

That would make for a Happy New Year!

#runthetable

Robzagnut
12-28-2016, 02:54 PM
Alberts, Rui and Jones sub in around the 10:00 mark of the second half.

I get them every year and have never had a reaction nor have I had the flu...

I've never had a shot and never get the flu. Unless we're talking about the morning after New Years Eve flu...

Just_An_Old_Zag
12-28-2016, 03:02 PM
Our Guys Beat Their Guys And Nobody Gets Hurt

+1

zag67
12-28-2016, 03:18 PM
I hope we are up big enough that Jones gets in really early. Then Alberts gets in running with the first team (some of the 8) and lastly Rui also gets time with the starting 8. This way they can run the offense and learn more about how to play both offense and defensive sets.

CdAZagFan
12-28-2016, 05:15 PM
GU 98
Pepperdine 68

Zagdawg
12-28-2016, 05:32 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/dec/28/zags-open-wcc-against-short-handed-pepperdine/

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/dec/28/gonzaga-pepperdine-key-matchups/

LongIslandZagFan
12-28-2016, 08:26 PM
Thinking this is a blowout in the first half and Few works the bench...

Zags 97
Waves 59

GonzaGAW
12-28-2016, 08:45 PM
What I hope to "see" after not "seeing" the game (anniversary dinner at Anthony's takes priority) is coming home and finding out that the zags ran the waves off the court.

zags 89
waves 67

Ekrub
12-28-2016, 09:47 PM
Pepperdine was walking into red lobster as I was leaving tonight. I hope to see some shell fish allergies tonight

MDABE80
12-29-2016, 12:20 AM
Zags favored by 28.5 O/U 145.
Pepp hasn't done much (4-8) in the OOC.
It should be a silly game. Let' hope Rui and the guys on the bench get lots of time. They deserve it.
WIth a SOS of 60, the guys don't need soft games like this. But the WCC is what it is.

MileHigh
12-29-2016, 05:52 AM
Never gotten this mindset. Season is so short and only 5 months which is one of the shortest seasons in all of sports. I'm watching to see NWG, Collins and the crew. This is a fun and exciting team ....

I just dont find huge mismatches compelling at all. Disliked playing in them, dislike coaching in them, and don't get any satisfaction in watching them. For me the enjoyment in a game is the competition, Watching good players trying to out play and out-will other good players. Watching the coaching chess match as coaches make in game adjustments and the other coach counters it. I am, however, interested in how individual Zags will perform tonight, which is why I will DVR and watch the entire game in about a half-hour later tonight. At 7pm Mountain time I will be watching the CU Buffs in the Alamo Bowl!

zagfan24
12-29-2016, 06:21 AM
Hope to see the Zags give up less than 10 offensive boards, play tough defense, and escape injury free.

OT, but since it's an important issue to me: There is no nasal mist flu vaccine this year; so only option is the inactivated (killed) flu shot; which cannot give you the flu. Certainly there can be side effects, but very few are severe. Important to remember that it's not just about protecting you, but about protecting babies, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems (e.g. children with cancer).

thespywhozaggedme
12-29-2016, 06:52 AM

Ha, we're as diametrically opposite politically as two people can be, but we've found common ground. Never had a flu shot, never will. I've seen to many really bad side effects from it, besides nature has all of the remedies for most everything already. This is a great article if anyone is on the fence regarding flu shots:

http://www.bewellbuzz.com/general/10-reasons-flu-shots-dangerous-flu/

Bogozags
12-29-2016, 07:17 AM
GU-96
PU-58

No injuries!

Alberts, Rui and Jones get quality minutes with rotation players...

Slams by WIII, Melson, Tillie and Rui with Rem hitting a three too

Gonzdb8
12-29-2016, 08:06 AM
Ha, we're as diametrically opposite politically as two people can be, but we've found common ground. Never had a flu shot, never will. I've seen to many really bad side effects from it, besides nature has all of the remedies for most everything already. This is a great article if anyone is on the fence regarding flu shots:

http://www.bewellbuzz.com/general/10-reasons-flu-shots-dangerous-flu/

all due respect, but can ya'll take the anti vaxxer rally to another board? i'm sure there are many out there that would love to hear your opinions on this topic but it seems out of place in this forum.

Russell Bevan
12-29-2016, 08:14 AM
Wait, did someone use the term "Frisco" for San Francisco? Ouch. Please don't do that next to me if I'm drinking, I hate handcuffs.

ZagzKrak
12-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Zags 101
Pep 54

thespywhozaggedme
12-29-2016, 09:02 AM
all due respect, but can ya'll take the anti vaxxer rally to another board? i'm sure there are many out there that would love to hear your opinions on this topic but it seems out of place in this forum.

I think your post should be for Goshzagit, post #14

maynard g krebs
12-29-2016, 12:47 PM
I think your post should be for Goshzagit, post #14

Ref always misses the initial foul, and calls the guy who retaliates.

Coach Crazy
12-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Wait, did someone use the term "Frisco" for San Francisco? Ouch. Please don't do that next to me if I'm drinking, I hate handcuffs.

Indeed. The City. That's what it is. No "San Fran", either.

GonzaGAW
12-29-2016, 02:07 PM
What I hope to "see" after not "seeing" the game (anniversary dinner at Anthony's takes priority) is coming home and finding out that the zags ran the waves off the court.

zags 89
waves 67

if allowed, since this is my 32nd wedding anniversary, I'd like to amend by prediction to represent a 32 point victory rather than 22 point.
zags 94
waves 62

Reborn
12-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Sorry I'm s late, but ['vd been under the weather with the flu. Feeling good enough to watch the game tonight.

Zags 103
Pepperdine 63

jazzdelmar
12-29-2016, 05:14 PM
Indeed. The City. That's what it is. No "San Fran", either.

The City is laughable. Even when Al Attles wore that on his uni. Only one city, my friend.

Virginia Zags Fan
12-29-2016, 05:34 PM
102-63 Zags....

bballbeachbum
12-29-2016, 05:55 PM
hope to see a thorough beat down but a win is a win. control the D glass, I hope to see that

Zags11
12-29-2016, 06:00 PM
Zags 96
Waves 69

Shem 17