PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Recruits

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Zagdawg
12-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Jerry Meyer ‏@jerrymeyer247 1h1 hour ago View translation
Utah hc Larry Krystkowiak and Gonzaga watching 2019 Top247 4-star Isaac Johnson. http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Johnson-45572868 …

Zagdawg
04-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Cassius Stanley‏Verified account @cassius_stanley 3h3 hours ago
Blessed to receive an offer from Gonzaga ���� #EWE #ALLIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR5IBdqHFNE

Zags_Fanatic
04-22-2017, 05:35 PM

Now that put a smile on my face. That level of athleticism for a HS Freshman is insane. He should grew 3-4 more inches and be a Top 5 recruit in his class when all is said and done. Unreal.

cggonzaga
04-22-2017, 05:53 PM
I agree ZF.

Coach Crazy
04-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Now that put a smile on my face. That level of athleticism for a HS Freshman is insane. He should grew 3-4 more inches and be a Top 5 recruit in his class when all is said and done. Unreal.

Yeah, he'll be a one and done. Not just an athletic 3, right now, either. He has good defensive footwork and can shoot the rock. Is it 2019, yet?

madness
04-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Holy ####, can Cassius please just join the Zags next year? Wow!

Zags_Fanatic
04-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Yeah, he'll be a one and done. Not just an athletic 3, right now, either. He has good defensive footwork and can shoot the rock. Is it 2019, yet?

I'm actually wondering if he will either reclassify to 2018 or try to go straight to the NBA. It looks like he would be a 20 year old college freshman so he might be able to bypass the NBA one year rule but I'm not really sure how any of that works. Either way I think he would have to graduate from high school early.

MDABE80
04-23-2017, 11:34 AM

He got an offer. Key is to get him to accept it. You can bet the line will be long to get this kid. I don't want to be the negative nancy but I'm not holding my breath for this kid. I do love this game though. Seriously! WOWOWOW!! The whole package PLUS he's a skywalker. Rare find indeed.

CDC84
04-24-2017, 12:15 AM
Cassius Stanley is ranked around 10 with most services. 247 says he is warm with Arizona.

Heck, the fact that he even mentioned that he was blessed to receive an offer from GU shows you how far the program has come.

I have to tell you that I have often wondered what it would be like if some kid committed to GU who was the number one rated player in the class by a long shot. Say, Pargo sets Few up with the next Kevin Garnett from Chicago or something. This stud comes out of the blue and tells Calipari, Self, Alford, Coach K and all the rest of them, sorry , I'm a Zag. No matter how far GU has come, it would shock the scout.com type sites.

TexasZagFan
04-24-2017, 04:17 AM
Cassius Stanley is ranked around 10 with most services. 247 says he is warm with Arizona.

Heck, the fact that he even mentioned that he was blessed to receive an offer from GU shows you how far the program has come.

I have to tell you that I have often wondered what it would be like if some kid committed to GU who was the number one rated player in the class by a long shot. Say, Pargo sets Few up with the next Kevin Garnett from Chicago or something. This stud comes out of the blue and tells Calipari, Self, Alford, Coach K and all the rest of them, sorry , I'm a Zag. No matter how far GU has come, it would shock the scout.com type sites.

CDC, I think the only way your scenario comes to fruition if the kid has Gonzaga alumni in the family, and they grew up loving the program. Unfortunately, my grandson's genes will hinder him in that quest. In all other respects, Big D is definite Zag material.

zagsfanforlife
04-24-2017, 07:31 AM

I will work on breeding him soon.

webspinnre
04-24-2017, 07:56 AM
Unfortunately all 4 of my sons appear to have inherited their father's athletic genes. You'd think with a pair of fairly athletic uncles from their mom's side they'd have a chance, but so far it isn't looking promising.

WallaWallaZag
04-24-2017, 07:59 AM

i don't think it would be a huge shock if it was an international guy who came to the states for prep school...similar to a ben simmons type deal...sabonis wouldn't have been the top guy but he might have cracked the top 10.

CDC84
04-24-2017, 08:27 AM
CDC, I think the only way your scenario comes to fruition if the kid has Gonzaga alumni in the family, and they grew up loving the program. Unfortunately, my grandson's genes will hinder him in that quest. In all other respects, Big D is definite Zag material.

It would have to be some special situation. For instance, a kid that grew up in Spokane. It's really more a fantasy than what I think could be a reality. I would just love to see all the recruiting sites go crazy when he commits to GU. It would be funny to observe.

northsidezagfan
04-24-2017, 10:03 AM

Holy ####

WallaWallaZag
04-24-2017, 10:06 AM
It would have to be some special situation. For instance, a kid that grew up in Spokane. It's really more a fantasy than what I think could be a reality. I would just love to see all the recruiting sites go crazy when he commits to GU. It would be funny to observe.

i don't think people would get too crazy if it was a spokane kid...maybe a spokane kid who went to montverde or something.

Zagdawg
04-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Jackson Ruai -6'3" guard

Chuck Constantino‏
@CConstan3

.@jacksonballin showed out at SoCal Hoop Review in LA and is currently being recruited by @ZagMBB, @GCU_Hoops, Santa Clara & San Diego #azhs
Video from last year-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E8002eTXps

Zagdawg
05-03-2017, 08:44 PM
Steve Wade‏
@swade20

I want to thank Gonzaga coach @DonnyDaniels1 for being at all of our games in ATL. Class act
@CaliBoost 2019 6'5 DJ Rodman primary target

Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 7m7 minutes ago
Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted Steve Wade
Gonzaga coach Donny Daniels is pursuing DJ Rodman, son of NBA great Dennis Rodman. 2019 6'5" wing for @CaliBoost

JPtheBeasta
05-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Holy ####

Indeed :]

I don't normally get into highlight vids of high school kids because it is so easy to cherry pick the best plays, but that kids is incredibly gifted. He should be able to go to any college he wants to.

JPtheBeasta
05-03-2017, 09:35 PM
Steve Wade‏
@swade20

I want to thank Gonzaga coach @DonnyDaniels1 for being at all of our games in ATL. Class act
@CaliBoost 2019 6'5 DJ Rodman primary target

Gonzaga Guru Final 4‏ @GonzagaGuru 7m7 minutes ago
Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted Steve Wade
Gonzaga coach Donny Daniels is pursuing DJ Rodman, son of NBA great Dennis Rodman. 2019 6'5" wing for @CaliBoost

Is that 6'5" in flats or heels?

sittingon50
05-03-2017, 11:09 PM

:roll:

Coach Crazy
05-04-2017, 06:27 AM

Dude has a nice J, though. Will be interesting to see how much he grows. Either way, the staff is going after bigger recruits than we've ever seen. Doesn't matter whether or not we think they will sign, at this point...their recruiting chops are going to show their mindset. They expect to be getting these guys, and with a FF appearance under their belt, and the possibility of returning in 2018? They are playing a good game of recruiting. Get back to the big stage, and you may have enough to start getting multiple big time players.

And before someone jumps on to say that we won't ever be *that* program...I disagree. It's all a process, and in the last 2 years they have taken giant leaps that just don't happen to most programs. Trust the process. Things changed after this Final Four. It's not like instant pudding where you just add milk, stir, and let sit....and now all of the sudden we're a blue. BUT that process has begun. Trust the process.

scrooner
05-04-2017, 06:58 AM

Zag hair.

bartruff1
05-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Cassius born in 8/18/1999.....Is he a 17 year old 9th grader ???

Zagdawg
05-04-2017, 08:30 AM
I dug around -- not sure how accurate this is --but one person was saying "I guess he started school late, failed a grade in middle school, and his birthday is too late to be in the right grade"-- he would be a very mature freshman.

WallaWallaZag
05-04-2017, 08:46 AM
I dug around -- not sure how accurate this is --but one person was saying "I guess he started school late, failed a grade in middle school, and his birthday is too late to be in the right grade"-- he would be a very mature freshman.

as often seen on this board...maturity doesn't necessarily correlate with age...:o

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2017, 09:43 AM
as often seen on this board...maturity doesn't necessarily correlate with age...:o

I resemble that remark. :D

hondo
05-04-2017, 11:04 AM

Truer words were never spoken

Zagdawg
05-10-2017, 06:56 AM
Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 12h12 hours ago
Meet @cassius_stanley, the first member of the 2019 class to receive an offer from Gonzaga http://www.scout.com/college/gonzaga/story/1777112-gonzaga-makes-its-first-2019-offer …

TexasZagFan
05-10-2017, 07:19 AM

Here in North Texas, it's taken for granted that many parents will hold their children back a year, strictly for the purposes of physical maturity for athletics. In the 20 years I've lived in Irving, I've seen it, my sons have experienced it. The town of Southlake is notorious for that. When our 7th grade team plays their 7th grade team, in actuality we're going against 8th (sometimes 9th) graders. Across the board, their players are a head taller and 20-30 pounds heavier. A couple of years ago, our 8th grade team was getting pounded...it was 35-0 at the start of the second quarter. I was sitting with a parent new to the area, and we were surrounded by parents from the other school.

When I explained to the other parent what the deal was, I heard nothing but crickets from the Southlake group. It's worked for them in the past, but we mostly catch up by HS varsity level.

Regarding the young man in question, I'm simply saying it may not be due to academic concerns, and I don't think comments like those are helpful.

Zagdawg
05-11-2017, 10:27 AM
Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted
Steve Wade‏ @swade20 3h3 hours ago
Gonzaga's Donny Daniels checking in on prime target 6'5 wing 2019 DJ Rodman
Also expressed he was blown away by skill of 2021 Obinna Anyanwu

johno
05-11-2017, 11:40 AM
Here in North Texas, it's taken for granted that many parents will hold their children back a year, strictly for the purposes of physical maturity for athletics. In the 20 years I've lived in Irving, I've seen it, my sons have experienced it. The town of Southlake is notorious for that. When our 7th grade team plays their 7th grade team, in actuality we're going against 8th (sometimes 9th) graders. Across the board, their players are a head taller and 20-30 pounds heavier. A couple of years ago, our 8th grade team was getting pounded...it was 35-0 at the start of the second quarter. I was sitting with a parent new to the area, and we were surrounded by parents from the other school.

When I explained to the other parent what the deal was, I heard nothing but crickets from the Southlake group. It's worked for them in the past, but we mostly catch up by HS varsity level.

Regarding the young man in question, I'm simply saying it may not be due to academic concerns, and I don't think comments like those are helpful.

It happens in Spokane a lot too. As a "naïve" parent I followed the school enrollment age criteria, but came to find out that many of the players on the athletic teams were often one or close to two years older. That's a lot when you are dealing with young kids. And the leagues, except for some baseball, make no distinctions based on age, it's all by grade.

hooter73
05-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted
Steve Wade‏ @swade20 3h3 hours ago
Gonzaga's Donny Daniels checking in on prime target 6'5 wing 2019 DJ Rodman
Also expressed he was blown away by skill of 2021 Obinna Anyanwu

Obinna was 6'6 200lbs in 8th grade!!!!
highlight vid from jan 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44dvIFq_e5g
and who is the 6 year old he dishes to a few times for threes lol?

as far as Rodman Jr. goes, youve got to wonder how much his dad would be involved, practices, games, etc. the guy was one HECK of a ball player... and we'll leave it at that :)

Zagdawg
05-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Christian PoP'oola‏ @PremierBall 5h5 hours ago
2019 7'3 C Matt Van Komen; PG (UT) @UtahProspects receiving strong interest from Gonzaga, Utah, BYU, Baylor and Florida St. Trending UP��

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kKm6DzsyC4

Coach Crazy
05-12-2017, 10:57 PM
2019 7'3 C Matt Van Komen; PG (UT) @UtahProspects receiving strong interest from Gonzaga, Utah, BYU, Baylor and Florida St. Trending UP��

Shawn Bradley part deux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cggonzaga
05-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Interesting we'd be looking at this kid but not Riley Sorn from Richland. Sorn looks better imo (I know Sorn will be a senior next year vs this kid being a sophomore but still).

Bogozags
05-13-2017, 02:45 PM
Interesting we'd be looking at this kid but not Riley Sorn from Richland. Sorn looks better imo (I know Sorn will be a senior next year vs this kid being a sophomore but still).

In four years he will be a one and done...nice shot but sure needs some muscle/weight to add on to that frame...is he Morman, if so then BYU/Utah probably have inside track unless he blows up...IMO

Coach Crazy
05-13-2017, 03:51 PM
In four years he will be a one and done...nice shot but sure needs some muscle/weight to add on to that frame...is he Morman, if so then BYU/Utah probably have inside track unless he blows up...IMO

He is most likely LDS. But I don't think that's an instant plus for BYU/Utah. With most universities willing to accommodate a mission, it makes more factors relevant again.

This kid needs to eat a sandwich...or 1,000. Not an NBA prospect, at this point.

Zagdawg
05-14-2017, 04:56 PM
2019 7'3 C Matt Van Komen Sophomore Season Highlights 2016-17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOCWTGVv-Xs

scrooner
05-14-2017, 05:47 PM
http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/matthew-van-komen/5OTQCr2CEeaAdqA2nzwY6g/default.htm

Sophmore stats: 19.3 PPG, 8.8 RPG, 5.3 BPG

It only says 4 games played though....not sure why.

BavarianZag
05-15-2017, 08:46 PM
Matthew is a co-workers son and is really just starting to get serious. He will improve a huge amount this next year.

He's not LDS, so that shouldn't be any kind of a hurdle.

I happen to think he'd lean Zag if we were to give him some love. Not sure where he is on the staff's list but I'm pretty confident where the Zags are on his list.

Zags_Fanatic
05-15-2017, 11:38 PM
Matthew is a co-workers son and is really just starting to get serious. He will improve a huge amount this next year.

He's not LDS, so that shouldn't be any kind of a hurdle.

I happen to think he'd lean Zag if we were to give him some love. Not sure where he is on the staff's list but I'm pretty confident where the Zags are on his list.

This is awesome info, thanks for posting!

MDABE80
05-15-2017, 11:38 PM
I agree with cqq. The kid in Richland is a serious player. Much advanced. May be headed to a program already though.

maynard g krebs
05-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Saw Sorn in person at the state tourney in Tacoma this yr. Has some touch and footwork imo, and can block shots w/ pretty good timing, but is very much a project at this point; like a Foster or Edwards. Needs to gain a lot of strength and quickness to play v Arizona or Carolina. Numbers tell it; if he was a legit high major at this point he'd be getting at least 25 and 15 playing out there. MIght be worth a try w/ the 13th scholly and a RS yr. You never know w/ a young big guy and you can't teach height.

former1dog
05-16-2017, 11:25 AM
I'm as excited by really tall basketball players as the next guy, but both of the tall kids in this thread don't look like guys who could contribute on a very good D1 basketball team. Too thin, too slow and not strong enough.

cggonzaga
05-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Saw Sorn in person at the state tourney in Tacoma this yr. Has some touch and footwork imo, and can block shots w/ pretty good timing, but is very much a project at this point; like a Foster or Edwards. Needs to gain a lot of strength and quickness to play v Arizona or Carolina. Numbers tell it; if he was a legit high major at this point he'd be getting at least 25 and 15 playing out there. MIght be worth a try w/ the 13th scholly and a RS yr. You never know w/ a young big guy and you can't teach height.

I agree with a lot of this maynard. I don't agree with the 25 and 15 comment however. I saw him play a few times throughout the year. At the beginning of the year Richland's coach seemed clueless on how to use him. Not to mention he wasn't playing that many minutes. Richland is all about the run and gun and bomb away from the 3pt line. Once the coach realized what he had in Sorn, and I'm sure with Sorn getting better throughout the year, Richland took off and so did Sorn. He was easily providing triple doubles over the last quarter of the season in pts, rbds and blocks. His recruitment has taken off a bit as I hear WSU and Boise St are coming on strong. I think Sorn and his parents are waiting to see what kind of senior season he has before deciding. I hear the academics are great as well.

hooter73
05-16-2017, 02:00 PM
I'm as excited by really tall basketball players as the next guy, but both of the tall kids in this thread don't look like guys who could contribute on a very good D1 basketball team. Too thin, too slow and not strong enough.

at 17 years old I was 6'4 and something like 165. By 19 when I learned to lift, 225. I know its different with ultra tall guys but the kid is a kid. His body hasnt had time to put on weight or learn to be fast yet. Most all bigs are projects with the exceptions like Collins who was a coached up workout machine since before middle school I would imagine.

maynard g krebs
05-16-2017, 02:24 PM
I agree with a lot of this maynard. I don't agree with the 25 and 15 comment however.

I just meant if he was a sure high major talent. My point is that I don't think anyone knows what to expect yet, including experts. Certainly has some potential, but could turn out to be like the guys I mentioned, or he could turn out like "Big Continent" (forget his name), the 7'3 guy who got SMC to the tourney under Ernie Kent and was lightly recruited out of hs.

sittingon50
05-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Are you thinking of John Bryant, maynard?

Went to SCU & held his own vs Tim Duncan in the NCAA Tourney. Injuries (feet?) derailed his career.

maynard g krebs
05-16-2017, 03:47 PM
Are you thinking of John Bryant, maynard?

Went to SCU & held his own vs Tim Duncan in the NCAA Tourney. Injuries (feet?) derailed his career.

Nope. Just googled it. Brad Millard.

sittingon50
05-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Ah yes. Forgot about him.

Injuries got him as well.

Zagdawg
06-01-2017, 07:08 PM
Local

Gonzaga Guru‏ @GonzagaGuru 3m3 minutes ago
More
Gonzaga offered Anton Watson. 2019 6'7 forward from Gonzaga Prep in Spokane. High motor, athletic talent in Zags' backyard #GoZags

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh559/zagdawg/Watson.png (http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/zagdawg/media/Watson.png.html)

cggonzaga
06-01-2017, 08:33 PM
Local

Gonzaga Guru‏ @GonzagaGuru 3m3 minutes ago
More
Gonzaga offered Anton Watson. 2019 6'7 forward from Gonzaga Prep in Spokane. High motor, athletic talent in Zags' backyard #GoZags

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh559/zagdawg/Watson.png (http://s1251.photobucket.com/user/zagdawg/media/Watson.png.html)

Anton is the real deal. Was wondering when this would happen. Averaged around 20ppg as a sophomore this past season.

sittingon50
06-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Nice.

thespywhozaggedme
06-02-2017, 07:14 AM
As a non-Spokane resident have we ever landed anybody from Prep? Thanks

kitzbuel
06-02-2017, 07:37 AM
David Stockton

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

cggonzaga
06-02-2017, 08:11 AM
John Stockton.

On a side note, JS has coached Anton in AAU for years.

scrooner
06-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Sophomore steal and alley oop: http://www.hudl.com/video/3/6361216/586acb23c124dd31e8558bae

thespywhozaggedme
06-02-2017, 10:47 AM
David Stockton

Thank you

thespywhozaggedme
06-02-2017, 10:48 AM
John Stockton.

On a side note, JS has coached Anton in AAU for years.

Thanks, that should be a major plus, no?

cggonzaga
06-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Thanks, that should be a major plus, no?

I would sure think and hope so! My personal belief is Anton becomes a high major prospect by the time all is said and done. If he grew to 6'9" or taller he'd be another JWIII.

Coach Crazy
06-02-2017, 11:07 AM
I would sure think and hope so! My personal belief is Anton becomes a high major prospect by the time all is said and done. If he grew to 6'9" or taller he'd be another JWIII.

I'd like to see him get more explosive. But he's got plenty of time.

Zags_Fanatic
06-02-2017, 11:12 AM

Can't forget Chris Sarbaugh, although technically he only played in games for USD and Idaho.

hooter73
06-02-2017, 11:57 AM
I watched a couple of his games last year. Smooth and skilled, not all muscle in and athletic explosion, which IMO is good for a kid to have skills first before the physicality over the competition becomes the go-to part of their game.

cggonzaga
06-02-2017, 11:59 AM
I'd like to see him get more explosive. But he's got plenty of time.

How much have you seen him coach? The kid is pretty explosive at least vertically. I would agree he needs to work on some quickness from the perimeter especially if he doesn't grow.

thebigsmoove
06-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Freshman Dunk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2qLiAr7R2E)

Norwester
06-02-2017, 01:08 PM

Jason Rubright

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/jan/06/hey-rube-bulldogs-rally-around-their-blue-collar/

Zagdawg
06-02-2017, 08:20 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/jun/02/zags-offer-gonzaga-prep-standout-forward-anton-wat/

DixieZag
06-03-2017, 09:05 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/jun/02/zags-offer-gonzaga-prep-standout-forward-anton-wat/

Wow, even better than I thought. This is some pretty impressive stuff:

Watson was the Greater Spokane League MVP as a sophomore. He’s helped the Bullpups to consecutive GSL titles and a pair of third-place finishes at the State 4A Tournament. He averaged 19 points last season.

Watson made USA Today’s All-Washington second-team, joining incoming Gonzaga recruit Corey Kispert of King’s High.

Well. That sure makes me kinda want to see a "Morrison" move and just sign off real early and ignore all the other stuff.

I think he's a fan, believe I've seen him at 2 or 3 games.

Zagdawg
06-05-2017, 08:17 AM
“I think they have been watching me a lot this past year since I am right in town,” Watson explained. “Donny Daniels has been watching me a lot this past year, and then Tommy Lloyd’s son is on my travel team, so he has been able to watch me a lot to. Mark Few has come by my high school also.”

“I would love to play in front of family and friends and all the fans at Gonzaga,” Watson said. “There are some schools talking to me, like Washington and Washington St. I am just going to talk to my parents and coaches and see what they say, but it wouldn’t be a bad thing at all to commit early.”

http://www.scout.com/college/gonzaga/story/1782826-gonzaga-goes-local-2019-offer

hooter73
06-05-2017, 08:44 AM
That a boy. I like him. It will be interesting for me to be able to see first hand how a recruit handles the sudden attention and stresses and all that comes with being a big school named recruit. The mental ability to drown it all out, step up and out perform is my favorite part of watching the game.

LongIslandZagFan
06-05-2017, 09:10 AM
“I think they have been watching me a lot this past year since I am right in town,” Watson explained. “Donny Daniels has been watching me a lot this past year, and then Tommy Lloyd’s son is on my travel team, so he has been able to watch me a lot to. Mark Few has come by my high school also.”

“I would love to play in front of family and friends and all the fans at Gonzaga,” Watson said. “There are some schools talking to me, like Washington and Washington St. I am just going to talk to my parents and coaches and see what they say, but it wouldn’t be a bad thing at all to commit early.”

http://www.scout.com/college/gonzaga/story/1782826-gonzaga-goes-local-2019-offer

Sounds like GU might be his dream school out of the box.... think it bodes well for the Zags.

kitzbuel
06-05-2017, 09:22 AM
Sounds like GU might be his dream school out of the box.... think it bodes well for the Zags.
I would think the Huskies would love stealing him from under GU's nose. Try to get even for some of the losses, games and players.

willandi
06-05-2017, 10:15 AM
I would think the Huskies would love stealing him from under GU's nose. Try to get even for some of the losses, games and players.

Wouldn't UW have to wait until he had played 2+ years for the Zags?

It wouldn't change the losses or the games. I can't see what UW would be able to offer a Spokane lad that Gonzaga wouldn't offer as well, unless they pay him more. LOL

BobZag
06-05-2017, 11:26 AM
How tall is he now? What position does he project to play?

Zagdawg
06-05-2017, 11:31 AM
6'7" Forward -- sophomore so may grow another inch --

Argentum
06-05-2017, 11:52 AM
How tall is he now? What position does he project to play?

He actually has a really nice three point shot- as a freshman he hit a 3 at the buzzer to beat Ferris off a play that was specifically run for him. I think playing the 3 some isn't inconceivable if he improves his ball handling and lateral mobility defensively. Probably more of a stretch 4 at this point offensively, and his back to the basket game has a lot of room for improvement, but he's got two years of high school left. With the rest of the talent in the Prep sophomore class I'm going to be shocked if he doesn't lead the Bullpups to another state championship game appearance before he graduates.

hooter73
06-05-2017, 12:22 PM
BobZag exists!

Yeah he's got work to do for a big man, thats for sure. But his feel for the game is already there so I foresee him putting in that work.

MDABE80
06-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Great kid. Followed him since he's been at Prep. Well liked and a big upside. Still growing and getting his co-ordination better. Plays football as a receiver. His athleticism will get better the more he competes.
I'd think he'll be a 6 9 kid...or thereabouts. Still growing. Needs more weight. Needs drills to develop him. All the potential to be a very very good player.

Zagdawg
06-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Prep usually plays at the Zags camps --so it will be a good thing to have him on campus and hanging with the guys "unofficially".

cggonzaga
06-05-2017, 01:26 PM
The athleticism comments on Anton are head scratching to me. I've watched him play multiple times over the years and his athleticism is one thing I have not questioned. I'd imagine it's also only going to get better as he continues to grow into his body. Lateral quickness improvement would allow him to play the 3 and that may still come but it's not like he's a slouch there either. I see him as a 4 much in the same manner JWIII is. There's a reason GU has offered a kid like Anton as a sophomore and not the Davis kid at LC (who will have a nice D1 career somewhere).

hondo
06-05-2017, 04:19 PM
I am told that there is another excellent young player at North Central High in Spokane.

cggonzaga
06-05-2017, 06:27 PM
I am told that there is another excellent young player at North Central High in Spokane.

Pretty sure Ryne Sandberg graduated many years ago ;).

Do you have a name?

Zagdawg
06-08-2017, 10:55 AM
The next big step for the Nembhard family is figuring out which class Andrew will be in, as he has the potential to reclassify to the 2018 class.

“The message they have is that they like his style of play and they have a great history with point guard’s,” Claude explained. “They have been explaining that even though they don’t play in one of the big conferences, they play good basketball and they win in the tournament every year.”
There is actually some very strong familiarity with the Gonzaga program, as Claude has a relationship with the family of a Zag legend.
“I was telling him (Tommy Lloyd) that I know Kevin Pangos and his family and I come from a town nor far from where the Pangos family lives,” he said with a laugh. “So I know quite a bit about the school, and even though they aren’t in one of the power conferences, they are always playing against the big teams and they are tested.”

http://www.scout.com/college/gonzaga/story/1783637-gonzaga-s-message-to-andrew-nembhardt

Zags_Fanatic
06-08-2017, 11:57 AM
The next big step for the Nembhard family is figuring out which class Andrew will be in, as he has the potential to reclassify to the 2018 class.

“The message they have is that they like his style of play and they have a great history with point guard’s,” Claude explained. “They have been explaining that even though they don’t play in one of the big conferences, they play good basketball and they win in the tournament every year.”
There is actually some very strong familiarity with the Gonzaga program, as Claude has a relationship with the family of a Zag legend.
“I was telling him (Tommy Lloyd) that I know Kevin Pangos and his family and I come from a town nor far from where the Pangos family lives,” he said with a laugh. “So I know quite a bit about the school, and even though they aren’t in one of the power conferences, they are always playing against the big teams and they are tested.”

http://www.scout.com/college/gonzaga/story/1783637-gonzaga-s-message-to-andrew-nembhardt

Love this, thanks for sharing. It's amazing that all of a sudden the greater Toronto area is pushing out more top level prospects than virtually any American city.

Edit to add: Just found out that he has a brother in the class of 2021 that is also very promising. Glad to see Tommy pushing so hard on this one.

OntZags
06-09-2017, 02:24 PM
Love this, thanks for sharing. It's amazing that all of a sudden the greater Toronto area is pushing out more top level prospects than virtually any American city.
Edit to add: Just found out that he has a brother in the class of 2021 that is also very promising. Glad to see Tommy pushing so hard on this one.

Oh yeah it's amazing the transformation of Toronto. It's as thriving as any urban center in North America these days for basketball.

I actually became a Zag fan from going to a GTA HS tournament that wound up featuring Andrew Wiggins team versus Kevin Pangos team in the finals. Obviously Wiggins was on a different level but I was blown away by KP and convinced he was going to be an amazing D1 player.

And since the floodgates have only kept pouring open. Obviously hockey is still king but these are all the days kids growing up from the Vince Carter era and beyond and its really developed a huge basketball culture in the city. Hell, Thon & Matur Maker chose to play HS ball in Canada to give some sense of the development.

Reading that article makes me optimistic on Nembhard. His dad seems like a really in tuned guy. And I still really really hope they make an attempt at RJ Barrett. That kid is something special. And his dad is a really smart guy (works for basketball Canada with Nash & Triano) who can see the advantages of his son playing at GU. Hell, RJ grew up in France a bit too so the French connection might help, too.

I get why we look at the California guys but Gonzaga will always be disadvantaged recruting for those guys. Obviously conference is 1 big deal. And the second - and I know some people here like to downplay it - is Spokane itself. A lot of warm weather guys aren't too enthused about the idea of playing in Spokane. Which is perfectly understandable. But these Canadian kids - who aren't far off and in some cases better than their California counterparts - aren't going to have the same roadblock. And if they've got smart parents like Andrew & RJ they know cutting out the distractions and focusing on ball is very important.

Zags_Fanatic
06-09-2017, 05:26 PM
Oh yeah it's amazing the transformation of Toronto. It's as thriving as any urban center in North America these days for basketball.

I actually became a Zag fan from going to a GTA HS tournament that wound up featuring Andrew Wiggins team versus Kevin Pangos team in the finals. Obviously Wiggins was on a different level but I was blown away by KP and convinced he was going to be an amazing D1 player.

And since the floodgates have only kept pouring open. Obviously hockey is still king but these are all the days kids growing up from the Vince Carter era and beyond and its really developed a huge basketball culture in the city. Hell, Thon & Matur Maker chose to play HS ball in Canada to give some sense of the development.

Reading that article makes me optimistic on Nembhard. His dad seems like a really in tuned guy. And I still really really hope they make an attempt at RJ Barrett. That kid is something special. And his dad is a really smart guy (works for basketball Canada with Nash & Triano) who can see the advantages of his son playing at GU. Hell, RJ grew up in France a bit too so the French connection might help, too.

I get why we look at the California guys but Gonzaga will always be disadvantaged recruting for those guys. Obviously conference is 1 big deal. And the second - and I know some people here like to downplay it - is Spokane itself. A lot of warm weather guys aren't too enthused about the idea of playing in Spokane. Which is perfectly understandable. But these Canadian kids - who aren't far off and in some cases better than their California counterparts - aren't going to have the same roadblock. And if they've got smart parents like Andrew & RJ they know cutting out the distractions and focusing on ball is very important.

It really helps when recruits visit over Hoopfest weekend. No city in the world is more basketball crazy than Spokane for those few days with the whole downtown shutting down and filling up with 450 basketball courts. Plus the weather is awesome and the city is beautiful this time of year.

Fingers crossed that we get one of those two, either one would be the highest rated recruit in school history. Any chance they will want to commit as a package deal?

BurgessEraZag
06-10-2017, 07:45 AM
Didn't Sandberg go to Shadle Park High?

Radbooks
06-10-2017, 08:06 AM
Didn't Sandberg go to Shadle Park High?

Nope, he went to North Central. He was a senior when I was a sophomore in 1978!! Geeze, that's a long time ago! :) Mark Rypien went to Shadle.

Coach Crazy
06-10-2017, 08:11 AM
Nope, he went to North Central. He was a senior when I was a sophomore in 1978!! Geeze, that's a long time ago! :) Mark Rypien went to Shadle.

Loved my time at Shadle.

doctorzag
06-16-2017, 09:19 PM
Josh Green is now a 2019 target for the Zags.

Zagdawg
06-16-2017, 09:19 PM
Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
Beach City Hoops ��‏ @BeachCityHoops 11h11 hours ago
More
2019 SF Jaime Jaquez (@jaquez_jr) heard from Memphis (Offered), Gonzaga, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Yale, SMU, Penn, UNLV among others yesterday.

Zagdawg
06-16-2017, 09:25 PM
Jerry Meyer‏
@jerrymeyer247
Josh Green heard from Az, UNLV, Mich, Marquette, ASU, Wash, USC, Stanford, Ore, UCLA, TCU, WFU, Cal, Texas, Zags, Utah, OSU, FSU, OU, T A&M

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1758864-offers-pouring-in-for-2019-guard-josh-green

hooter73
06-17-2017, 07:33 AM
Jaqez looks like a man among boys in his highlight vid. He'll be blue blood bound if he keeps impressing.

It will be interesting to watch where green ends up.

DixieZag
06-17-2017, 11:06 AM
Jerry Meyer‏
@jerrymeyer247
Josh Green heard from Az, UNLV, Mich, Marquette, ASU, Wash, USC, Stanford, Ore, UCLA, TCU, WFU, Cal, Texas, Zags, Utah, OSU, FSU, OU, T A&M

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1758864-offers-pouring-in-for-2019-guard-josh-green

Must be a good student.

Zagdawg
06-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 48m48 minutes ago

According to his account, Gonzaga has offered @mattvk345_ from Utah. He is 7'3 and has really made huge leaps in the past year---Matthew van Komen

thespywhozaggedme
06-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Cool article in USA today about Van Komen:
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/7-foot-3-sophomore-matt-van-komen-coming-into-his-own-on-the-floor/

thespywhozaggedme
06-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Why are people saying Van Komen is a stiff? He had 20 and 20 against Lonzo ball's team:

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=matt+van+komen&fr=iphone&.tsrc=apple&pcarrier=Verizon&pmcc=311&pmnc=480

Worthington
06-24-2017, 10:35 AM
Van Komen needs to start eating like a body builder so he doesn't get pushed around so easily, but if he's 7'3, moves well, and has no medical problems then there is a lot of potential to be developed. Guys with his size are effortlessly, elite rim protectors if he's got some skills too then who knows his ceiling...

former1dog
06-24-2017, 10:36 AM
Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 48m48 minutes ago

According to his account, Gonzaga has offered @mattvk345_ from Utah. He is 7'3 and has really made huge leaps in the past year---Matthew van Komen

I'm intrigued by young Matthew. He's showing a desire to improve and it looks like he is.

I like that it looks like he is utilizing his height when he gets the ball in close by not bringing the ball down, rather he keeps it high and out of reach of basically everyone.

He's looking to dunk when he can and had an impressive reverse dunk in one of the videos I saw, showing some ability to put the ball on the floor.

His body needs a lot of work. I would be a bit concerned about his thin frame and wonder whether he can really put on a lot of muscle or not. Of course, he's only just finished 10th grade and amazingly he can still grow!

Maybe I'll try and get to a game this winter and see him for myself.

former1dog
06-24-2017, 10:38 AM
http://usatodayhss.com/2017/7-foot-3-sophomore-matt-van-komen-coming-into-his-own-on-the-floor/

I like this!!

The whistle will blow, and you’ll be surprised how many times Van Komen will sink the shot at the charity stripe. So far this season, he’s nearing 70 percent.

Coach Crazy
06-24-2017, 10:39 AM
Why are people saying Van Komen is a stiff? He had 20 and 20 against Lonzo ball's team:

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=matt+van+komen&fr=iphone&.tsrc=apple&pcarrier=Verizon&pmcc=311&pmnc=480

He's not. If you watch his tape from his freshman year, he's fixed some coordination, shooting form, and added some muscle mass.

He's got 2 years and a summer to develop faster, more coordinated footwork, faster hands, and some muscle mass/strength.

If MVK was still last year's edition, I'd be leaning no. But he could be a nice piece of the puzzle.

former1dog
06-24-2017, 10:40 AM
He's not. If you watch his tape from his freshman year, he's fixed some coordination, shooting form, and added some muscle mass.

He's got 2 years and a summer to develop faster, more coordinated footwork, faster hands, and some muscle mass/strength.

If MVK was still last year's edition, I'd be leaning no. But he could be a nice piece of the puzzle.

Weight room and plyometric drills man!!

thespywhozaggedme
06-24-2017, 10:41 AM

Yeah, he's actually not awkward at all in pretty coordinated for someone his size. He doesn't seem to have any odd pituitary issues like George Muresan had or anything. 20/20 as a sophomore vs Chino Hills is very impressive.

dhozagfan08
06-24-2017, 12:07 PM
I like him. I think it's a good thing that he grew so quickly. 7 ft at age 13! That gives him plenty of time to adjust to his height, unlike players who get tall later on like Kelly O. Like someone else said, I like that he is aggressive and doesn't bring the ball down when he catches it, so important for big guys. I would be really happy if we got him. I think the staff will be more comfortable going all in a few blue chippers if we have a solid core of guys secured between him, Anton, and Brock. I'm guessing they are a little frustrated striking out on all the 2017 transfer and 2018 freshman so far.

HenneZag
06-24-2017, 02:52 PM
VanKomen

I always get a little nervous with players with that body style. Who knows how many more inches he will grow, and putting weight on that type of frame can be tough. If he doesn't put on muscle he will get pushed around very easily basically negating his height. Not saying I don't want him but I want another Sabonis and Zach Collins type caliber player coming into our program we knew what we were getting with those 2. This guy IMO is a hit or miss.

Not trying to be a downer but just my thought.

thespywhozaggedme
06-24-2017, 02:56 PM
VanKomen

I always get a little nervous with players with that body style. Who knows how many more inches he will grow, and putting weight on that type of frame can be tough. If he doesn't put on muscle he will get pushed around very easily basically negating his height. Not saying I don't want him but I want another Sabonis and Zach Collins type caliber player coming into our program we knew what we were getting with those 2. This guy IMO is a hit or miss.

Not trying to be a downer but just my thought.

Pushed around by who? He 7'5. Plus he actually has a decent frame, he's not some praying mantis out there. He's probably already heavier than Tako Fall at UCF and he had a very good season

HenneZag
06-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Pushed around by who? He 7'5. Plus he actually has a decent frame, he's not some praying mantis out there. He's probably already heavier than Tako Fall at UCF and he had a very good season

He is 7'5 and 200 lb that is pretty thin. Karnowski was 7'1 and what 300. Being tall and thin is not good for balance, simple physics. Not saying he won't be the next star or a stud if he comes to GU just putting my opinion out there. Will Foster was 7'5 and came with some hype and didn't end up producing like we had thought.

MDABE80
06-24-2017, 04:04 PM
Id take VanKomen in a minute. Such potential!! For such a kid, all he needs is this staff working with him. He'll get lots better. He's obviously tall but he's very coordinated, handles the ball well and gets the job done with zilch technique. Quite the fins. Quite the future. Get Jess on him!!

HenneZag
06-24-2017, 04:15 PM
Id take VanKomen in a minute. Such potential!! For such a kid, all he needs is this staff working with him. He'll get lots better. He's obviously tall but he's very coordinated, handles the ball well and gets the job done with zilch technique. Quite the fins. Quite the future. Get Jess on him!!

I really don't know much about and haven't seen much video, if he's as good as ppl think with unlimited potential let's get him signed.

maynard g krebs
06-24-2017, 04:52 PM
VanKomen

I always get a little nervous with players with that body style. Who knows how many more inches he will grow, and putting weight on that type of frame can be tough. If he doesn't put on muscle he will get pushed around very easily basically negating his height.

Ever watch Chris Boucher play for Oregon? Draft combine said he weighs 183.

HenneZag
06-24-2017, 05:23 PM
Yeah he is 6'9 6'10... 200lb to be generous on the Oregon roster. Athletic freak.

thespywhozaggedme
06-24-2017, 06:44 PM
He is 7'5 and 200 lb that is pretty thin. Karnowski was 7'1 and what 300. Being tall and thin is not good for balance, simple physics. Not saying he won't be the next star or a stud if he comes to GU just putting my opinion out there. Will Foster was 7'5 and came with some hype and didn't end up producing like we had thought.

Will Foster came with hype? Again, this kid as a sophomore put up 20/20 vs Lonzo ball and Chino Hills. I don't think will foster score 20 points In his entire collegiate career. Regarding his weight, he looks like he weighs more than 200 pounds but you could be right but keep in mind he's only a rising junior.

HenneZag
06-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Will Foster came with hype? Again, this kid as a sophomore put up 20/20 vs Lonzo ball and Chino Hills. I don't think will foster score 20 points In his entire collegiate career. Regarding his weight, he looks like he weighs more than 200 pounds but you could be right but keep in mind he's only a rising junior.

Maybe I shouldn't have used the word hype, but I think most thought we would see more development.

Spy I'm not saying this kid is going to be terrible or that I don't want to see him as a Zag, I just have reservations, I've been wrong on several occasions and I wouldn't mind eating crow again, simply JMO

thespywhozaggedme
06-24-2017, 09:34 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have used the word hype, but I think most thought we would see more development.

Spy I'm not saying this kid is going to be terrible or that I don't want to see him as a Zag, I just have reservations, I've been wrong on several occasions and I wouldn't mind eating crow again, simply JMO

I respect that. I've been married almost 15 years, I wake up wrong.

thespywhozaggedme
06-25-2017, 06:29 AM
So we have three offer but two commits? I'm kinda surprised that MVK didn't accept on the spot. Wonder if he's holding out for a Pac12 offer; our luck he'll commit to Arizona. :-)

Coach Crazy
06-25-2017, 08:02 AM
Yeah, he's actually not awkward at all in pretty coordinated for someone his size. He doesn't seem to have any odd pituitary issues like George Muresan had or anything. 20/20 as a sophomore vs Chino Hills is very impressive.

He has some awkwardness to his footwork in the post, but this kid is dealing with all this height so fast. He's shown acceptable progress thus far.

jazzdelmar
06-25-2017, 09:27 AM
So we have three offer but two commits? I'm kinda surprised that MVK didn't accept on the spot. Wonder if he's holding out for a Pac12 offer; our luck he'll commit to Arizona. :-)

Three reaches in one class.

willandi
06-25-2017, 10:04 AM

Yeah, I can't believe it! These coaches will NEVER get the Zags past the Elite Eight. I wonder what they're thinking?

thespywhozaggedme
06-25-2017, 10:24 AM

Thanks Debbie.

cjm720
06-25-2017, 11:29 AM

Is he a Mormon, mission candidate? If so, he could have 4 more years to fill out. Love the offer, either way. Can't teach that height-and Utah kids are typically well disciplined and teachable.

northsidezagfan
06-25-2017, 11:34 AM
Is he a Mormon, mission candidate? If so, he could have 4 more years to fill out. Love the offer, either way. Can't teach that height-and Utah kids are typically well disciplined and teachable.

I think I read somewhere on here he isn't Mormon, but I could be wrong. Either way I'm sure he will make big strides (haha) in the next 2 years.

tinfoilzag
06-25-2017, 11:45 AM

Ya we should of just got commits from 5-star players instead.

cggonzaga
06-25-2017, 12:29 PM

Matt is already a top 100 recruit. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Anton becomes one in the next year or at worst a 4 star. We are at worst looking at two 4 stars and maybe more.

Coach Crazy
06-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Matt is already a top 100 recruit. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Anton becomes one in the next year or at worst a 4 star. We are at worst looking at two 4 stars and maybe more.

Anton really isn't far off. I really only count ESPN's Top 100. But with a player like Matt, he doesn't necessarily have to hit that to provide value.

Anton just needs a bit more strength and size, a little more up's, and a step or two more of quickness and he's gonna be a top 100. I like the sign. And if Matt shows that next level of development, then I hope he signs.

btzag
06-25-2017, 12:55 PM

Very true. Not sure where people here are getting their info but I read #73 for his class.

nish_mode
06-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Not sure if there is a 2020 thread.

There is a 2020 kid in seattle, Maui Sze playing for Roosevelt this year and Blanchet last year. Broke the metro league freshman scoring record at 16 ppg. I believe he dropped 20 on Nathan Hale and Garfield. Hes also playing up on the EYBL Seattle Rotary 16u and starting at pg. He's absolutely exploding in summer league right now dropping 35 on Franklin and 39 on Lincoln in back to back games. Elite ball handler, high IQ and an elite shooter with NBA range. He's not an an elite athelete, but has no problem getting his shot off on high D1 opponents. Not your typical seattle Rotary player, Would be a perfect fit for the zags. His game is almost reminding me of Dan Dickau.

doctorzag
06-25-2017, 04:03 PM

Gotta get them early. Once they blow up Arizona,Ucla,Oregon etc. will come calling.

jazzdelmar
06-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Gotta get them early. Once they blow up Arizona,Ucla,Oregon etc. will come calling.

We just signed Sydd Finch as well.

JPtheBeasta
06-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Usually, the so-called "bulletin board material" comes from sources outside of the fan base of a team. Perhaps the folks here are inventing a term that I am unfamiliar with: "message board material." It sucks to think that the motivation for a player might be criticism by fans of the team he is going to play for.

In lieu of coming here, maybe there is a special sewage pipe I can crawl around in every time I have the urge to come here and see how the Zags are doing with recruiting?

Bogozags
06-26-2017, 03:42 AM
We just signed Sydd Finch as well.

Jazz a little help here...Sydd Finch? Fictional or real?

jazzdelmar
06-26-2017, 04:45 AM
Jazz a little help here...Sydd Finch? Fictional or real?

Fictional all world baseball player created by Sports Illustrated for an April Fool's feature story...had some fooled for a while........or, in this context, hyping an athlete to unreal levels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidd_Finch

Zagdawg
06-26-2017, 07:15 AM
Similar to Biggs Magee in Zagland.

CDC84
06-26-2017, 09:15 AM
As Mark Few always says with kids like Matt Van Komen, it's all about how much do they really want it. Does this kid REALLY love basketball, or did some guy grab him in class and say, "Hey, you're a tall dude, you can play basketball and be a hit with the chicks." If he loves the game and has a desperate desire to improve, he has a chance to be great, because most kids his size don't care once they realize the game isn't as easy as it was in high school. You just cannot teach size like that, but the kid needs to love the game. It's quite possible that the staff discovered an uncommon work ethic in this kid.

TexasZagFan
06-26-2017, 09:52 AM

If my kid blows up, there will be no worries...he'll be heading to Zagland. Same goes for my grandson (class of 2029). He's playing against third graders this summer.

https://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4195926.jpg

ZagMan in Philly
06-29-2017, 02:20 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1738716-tark-intro-on-2019-pf-isaac-johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cMa2B3p5nc

Gonzaga just offered.

Coach Crazy
06-29-2017, 03:49 PM
Thumbs up.

cggonzaga
06-29-2017, 06:02 PM
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1738716-tark-intro-on-2019-pf-isaac-johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cMa2B3p5nc

Gonzaga just offered.

Poor man's Kyle Wiltjer?

Coach Crazy
06-29-2017, 07:26 PM
Poor man's Kyle Wiltjer?

To me, not as good a shooter, but more mobile. Either way, it's a good offer.

sittingon50
06-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Don't know my Utah geography; has this kid & Van Komen gone head to head?

Coach Crazy
06-29-2017, 09:06 PM

PG and AF are neighbors. Have to check to see if they've gone head to head.

kitzbuel
06-29-2017, 09:07 PM
Poor man's Kyle Wiltjer?
Perhaps. As a 4* high school sophomore.

hooter73
06-29-2017, 09:20 PM
I can see why hes NOT a poor mans KW, mainly in that he will come into college knowing he will need to play near the rim. Personally, I really like what I see.

OntZags
06-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Perhaps. As a 4* high school sophomore.

A little confused on this one. Wiltjer was a MCD AA, correct?

MDABE80
06-29-2017, 09:54 PM

50 if you go look at the youtube film, I think it's Matt that seem to come from the left lower key and move this new offer about 3 ft off the low bock when he's trying to get shot up. How could it be anyone else with his height??
Such skinny kids. Put 50 lbs on Matt and given him agility rills and I'm thinking he'd be a really good D1 player.Time tells the tale though on both of these kids. I suspect we got used to 7 footers aways lurking in or near the key.

Worthington
06-29-2017, 09:55 PM
I like Johnson, but probably prefer the Euro Marko Pecarski if it was between the two of them (assuming there's still interest from Pecarski). Very similar games. Regardless, glad we're in the mix.

soccerdud
06-29-2017, 10:37 PM

yeah, if you watch the videos linked, there are several times where im sure i see mvk in them. mostly, as you would expect in a highlight video for the other guy, he's getting shot over.

Coach Crazy
06-29-2017, 11:14 PM
I like Johnson, but probably prefer the Euro Marko Pecarski if it was between the two of them (assuming there's still interest from Pecarski). Very similar games. Regardless, glad we're in the mix.

Pecarski would would be a nice pickup. I'm still biggest on Samanic. But based on that last article that mentioned him, doesn't sound like he's too convinced on what he's going to do.

azzagfan
06-29-2017, 11:30 PM
Here's a relatively recent AAU video for both Johnson (#33) and Van Kommen (#44).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj7q-QTMYDk&t=81s

azzagfan
06-30-2017, 12:02 AM
Here's a relatively recent AAU video for both Johnson (#33) and Van Kommen (#44).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj7q-QTMYDk&t=81s

Note, #24 on this team is Cameron Krystowiak, so you know the Utes are very familiar with these guys.

MDABE80
06-30-2017, 01:07 AM
Johnson is far more mobile and coordinated in this video. Matt's so much bigger and gangley! He'll need some focused time. Both have some good potential as rim protectors. 33 shows tons of promise. This video is good for one reason: It's not a highlight film. It's what's currently going on.

Zagdawg
06-30-2017, 09:33 PM
Isaac Johnson‏ @Isaac_Johnson33 Jun 29
Grateful to have earned a scholarship from Gonzaga University. #ZagUp

Does this mean he committed to the Zags?

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/768316

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216781/isaac-johnson

http://byuinsider.com/basketball/isaac-johnson/

MDABE80
06-30-2017, 10:01 PM
It says what it says. He's grateful to have the offer. Nothing more.

cggonzaga
06-30-2017, 11:09 PM
Made a similar tweet about Stanford scholarship. Think he just meant offer but I wish it was a commitment.

Zagdawg
07-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Second July Evaluation Period Breakout Performers

Who stood out during the second July Evaluation Periods? Scout's national basketball recruiting team -- Evan Daniels, Brian Snow & Josh Gershon -- give their take.

"Even though Anton Watson committed to Gonzaga in the last month, this was still our first look at the rising junior and there is a whole lot to like here. He's 6-foot-7 with long arms and has a tremendous basketball IQ, whether it be with his passing ability, rebounding or defensive instincts. The versatile athlete can score facing up with his jumper or on the block. He's an easy high major prospect.

Recruiting: Watson is committed to Gonzaga -- Josh Gershon"

"Another player we hadn't yet seen who recently committed to Gonzaga, Brock Ravet showed why the Zags made an early bet on him. He's got decent size and can easily play on and off the ball due to his ability to handle, shoot and pass. He's a bit on the shoot-first side, but Ravet can really knock down jumpers off the bounce from both midrange and three. His handle and vision also give him hope on the ball.

Recruiting: Ravet is committed to Gonzaga -- Josh Gershon"

http://scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Second-July-Evaluation-Period-Breakout-Performers-105461348

cggonzaga
07-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Glad Anton is finally getting recognition as a high major. Still 2 more years to watch him at Prep folks.

Nice write-up on Ravet and pretty accurate to evaluations around here.

sittingon50
07-25-2017, 01:12 PM
Thanks Zd.

btzag
07-25-2017, 05:40 PM
The interesting thing is that Scout notes this is the first time they have seen these guys play. Which again illustrates that relying on recruiting ratings is sometimes meaningless! These two kids are in the 'trust in the staff' category which is usually a good thing.

Zagdawg
08-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Gonzaga Guru‏ @GonzagaGuru 6m6 minutes ago
More
Jake Kyman feels Gonzaga is close to offering him. The 4⭐ 2019 6'7 forward plans to visit Spokane this fall

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=3915

Zagdawg
08-22-2017, 06:33 AM
"Gonzaga Eyeing Skilled Texas Big Man"
"Gonzaga is eyeing skilled 2019 big man, Will Baker as one of its priority guys in the class."

http://scout.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Is-Showing-Lots-Of-Interest-In-2019-Big-Man-Will-Baker-106364357

TexasZagFan
08-22-2017, 07:57 AM
"Gonzaga Eyeing Skilled Texas Big Man"
"Gonzaga is eyeing skilled 2019 big man, Will Baker as one of its priority guys in the class."

http://scout.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Is-Showing-Lots-Of-Interest-In-2019-Big-Man-Will-Baker-106364357

Based on what I read, all signs point to GU.

jazzdelmar
08-22-2017, 08:23 AM
Based on what I read, all signs point to GU.

You mean like Hepa? You must be reading between the lines, I see nothing but palaver.

CDC84
08-22-2017, 10:00 AM
Needless to say, as an Austin native, Baker has been offered by Texas.

At most BCS schools Shaka would feel some heat if the home town kid were to go elsewhere.....but it's Texas....Longhorn football is here.

Zagdawg
09-11-2017, 03:19 PM
Christian PoP'oola‏ @PremierBall 45m45 minutes ago
Matthew van Komen
Utah coach Tommy Connor and Gonzaga coach Donny Daniels watched 2019 7'3 C @asapmattvk. @UtahProspects

kitzbuel
09-12-2017, 03:54 PM
You mean like Hepa? You must be reading between the lines, I see nothing but palaver.Sounds like Christian Liberal Arts schools would be plus for him.

Zagdawg
09-13-2017, 07:10 AM
Gonzaga Guru‏ @GonzagaGuru 9h9 hours ago
Gonzaga Guru Retweeted SMCHS_Basketball
Gonzaga coach Donny Daniels keeping an eye on 2019 6'7 wing Jake Kyman in Santa Margarita, CA. @jakekyman13 plans to visit Spokane this fall

CDC84
09-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Kyman is ranked in the 200's, but it is way, way early right now.

hooter73
09-13-2017, 04:08 PM
Not bad for how young these guys actually are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxEOWeSIZa0

Worthington
09-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Kyman is a marksman, a master of running off of screens to get open looks. Definitely some questions about his athleticism, but he's got great size for his position and tons of room to add to his frame. Lots to like about his game, glad we're keeping tabs on him.

Zagdawg
09-15-2017, 08:19 PM
Kyman -- good body control -- lights out 3 pt shooter for a wing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttYO6JMKPxY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8TYSNkAyLk

Zagdawg
09-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Van Komen

“That was my first time at Gonzaga,” Van Komen confirmed. “I like how it’s a smaller school and everything they are doing with all of the new buildings on campus.”

http://scout.com/college/gonzaga/Article/2019-Recruit-Matthew-Van-Komen-Earned-An-Offer-From-Gonzaga-This-107618590

SLOZag
09-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Van Komen

“That was my first time at Gonzaga,” Van Komen confirmed. “I like how it’s a smaller school and everything they are doing with all of the new buildings on campus.”

http://scout.com/college/gonzaga/Article/2019-Recruit-Matthew-Van-Komen-Earned-An-Offer-From-Gonzaga-This-107618590

I found this part of the article interesting as well:

"“I haven’t really thought a lot about it,” he said of his recruitment. “I know I’m not going on a Mission. I want a school that will help get me to the NBA and uses their big men”

On the court, the defensive stopper is really focusing on improving on the other end of the court.

“I think I got defense down. I want to start working on my one-on-one skills in the paint.”"

http://scout.com/college/gonzaga/Art...This-107618590

Zagdawg
09-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 2h2 hours ago
Inside The Kennel Retweeted TexasHoopsTelevision
Gonzaga target in the 2019 class. Super skilled big man

2019 Drew Timme
https://twitter.com/TexasHoopsTV/status/909851188362747904

MDABE80
09-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Really looks good! I'm thinking Shaka's sitting somewhere with his "drool" routine going on.

jazzdelmar
09-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Really looks good! I'm thinking Shaka's sitting somewhere with his "drool" routine going on.

Yea, he's the master of the hang dog look.

ScrapironJim
09-19-2017, 03:54 PM
http://www.scout.com/Article/Arizona-Prospect-Evaluations-Bol-Bol-shows-off-105594010

One more opportunity???? Scroll down til you find him.

thebigsmoove
09-20-2017, 04:31 AM
http://www.scout.com/Article/Arizona-Prospect-Evaluations-Bol-Bol-shows-off-105594010

He has been talked about in the 2019 thread. Hes a legit 4, one of the better ones in the nation. We have been in on him for awhile now.

Bogozags
09-20-2017, 08:41 AM

I read the snap shot on him and saw there was a "100%" for GU...is that coming from the young man himself or just another prognastication? Thanks...

Zagdawg
09-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Evan Daniels
Just eight ranked 2019 players are currently committed. Gonzaga has two of the eight.

webspinnre
09-20-2017, 09:09 AM
I read the snap shot on him and saw there was a "100%" for GU...is that coming from the young man himself or just another prognastication? Thanks...

That's their crystal ball feature. It means that "everyone" has predicted that he chooses Gonzaga. In this case, everyone appears to be 1 person, and it looks like the projection was made in November of last year, so it's a little stale.

kitzbuel
09-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Click the link on his name. Goes to a more updated page that says BYU is hot on his trail.

BULLDOG#1
09-20-2017, 11:57 AM
Click the link on his name. Goes to a more updated page that says BYU is hot on his trail.

Is he LDS?

kitzbuel
09-20-2017, 12:17 PM
Is he LDS?
Yeah. BYU board has him in their "LDS Pipeline" thread.

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=17512661

Zags_Fanatic
09-20-2017, 12:44 PM
Is he LDS?

Yes, but he is on the record as saying he won't serve an LDS mission which could make him a bit of an outcast in BYU culture. To be so open about not wanting to serve a mission could mean that pursuing a basketball career is his top priority or it could mean that he doesn't believe in mormonism and wants out when he turns 18. If it's the latter he would be miserable at BYU and probably won't want to go there.

Edit: Ooops, as kitzbuel so kindly pointed out I mixed up Johnson and Van Komen. GU should just land both of them for good measure.

jazzdelmar
09-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Yes, but he is on the record as saying he won't serve an LDS mission which could make him a bit of an outcast in BYU culture. To be so open about not wanting to serve a mission could mean that pursuing a basketball career is his top priority or it could mean that he doesn't believe in mormonism and wants out when he turns 18. If it's the latter he would be miserable at BYU and probably won't want to go there.

Worked out ok for Jimmer.

kitzbuel
09-20-2017, 12:49 PM

Was that him or Van Komen?

Zags_Fanatic
09-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Was that him or Van Komen?

Oops, your right, I totally mixed up the two. I'll edit my original post. It's still my belief that everyone will be miserable at BYU so hopefully he will come up to Spokane :)

maynard g krebs
09-20-2017, 01:26 PM
FWIW, 247 currently says Johnson's "warm" for BYU and "cool" for GU and a few others.

bdmiller7
09-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Van Komen said no mission. I think Johnson was planning on taking one. I'd love to have him as the first in the class of 2021.

Zagdawg
10-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
Lone Star Elite‏ @LSEbball Sep 27

Busy 2 days as PURDUE K-STATE TULSA GONZAGA S. DAKOTA have been in to see 6'11 2019 Cody Collinsworth @Collinswor1Cody

Reborn
10-03-2017, 09:54 AM
If Cody C is anything like his brother I'd love to see him play at Gonzaga. His brother was one of my favorite players to watch even though he played for BYU.

MDABE80
10-03-2017, 12:07 PM
True enough Reborn. Wonderful player. An all everything guy. I'd be surprised if this kid goes anywhere outside of Utah.

Reborn
10-03-2017, 01:28 PM
True enough Reborn. Wonderful player. An all everything guy. I'd be surprised if this kid goes anywhere outside of Utah.

thanks

Zagdawg
10-05-2017, 07:45 PM
Gonzaga Makes Its Move With Elite 2019 Big Man

https://scout.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Offered-2019-Big-Man-Drew-Timme-108473657

Worthington
10-05-2017, 08:15 PM

https://scout.com/college/gonzaga/Article/Gonzaga-Offered-2019-Big-Man-Drew-Timme-108473657

I'm all in on Timme. He reminds me a little of a guy we recruited a couple years back, Reid Travis. Big, physical, mobile power forward with soft hands. I think he's underrated nationally and would have an outstanding career at Gonzaga.

hooter73
10-05-2017, 10:42 PM
Travis was hampered by injuries that kept him from being too mobile. He was a college ready freshman through, mature and intelligent, rare for a big. I thought we had a great chance with him. If Timme is of the same mold, I'm in.

TexasZagFan
10-06-2017, 04:43 AM

Thanks for posting, Zagdawg. Richardson Pearce is in our district, so I'll be there for our games against them.

Zagdawg
10-06-2017, 06:58 AM
http://endlessmotor.net/2017/10/05/em-4-forward-drew-timme-set-visit-b12-program-weekend-updates-recruitment-talks-eybl-play/

Zagdawg
10-16-2017, 09:51 AM
Paul Miranda‏ @PaulMDaRealTalk 28m28 minutes ago
More
SW REGIONAL CAMP UPDATE: @drewtimme2 was in the BAG, pulling off some dazzling passes, downtown stroke, several DUNKS! True STUD #DaRealTalk

DixieZag
10-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Paul Miranda‏ @PaulMDaRealTalk 28m28 minutes ago
More
SW REGIONAL CAMP UPDATE: @drewtimme2 was in the BAG, pulling off some dazzling passes, downtown stroke, several DUNKS! True STUD #DaRealTalk

Well, ok then.

When does he sign?

Zagdawg
10-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
Colby Giacubeno‏ @ColbyGHoops 13h13 hours ago
More
Washington, Gonzaga, Denver, California and Princeton all showing interest in '19 Gilman/Team Thrill Chase Drew (@Drewsy2442). @PrepHoopsMD

Kiddwell
10-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Gonzaga Guru Retweeted
Colby Giacubeno‏ @ColbyGHoops 13h13 hours ago
More
Washington, Gonzaga, Denver, California and Princeton all showing interest in '19 Gilman/Team Thrill Chase Drew (@Drewsy2442). @PrepHoopsMD

https://247sports.com/Player/Chase-Drew-46047694

:]

Zag_Dad
10-24-2017, 11:06 AM
https://247sports.com/Player/Chase-Drew-46047694

:]

Lists Cal as his "favorite"? Hard to imagine they have much to offer over GU. Class of 2019 .. much will change before he commits.

sittingon50
10-24-2017, 11:12 AM
Interesting the # of West Coast schools for a kid from Maryland?

WallaWallaZag
10-24-2017, 11:38 AM
Lists Cal as his "favorite"? Hard to imagine they have much to offer over GU.

i'd take cal over gu for academics...=)

Zag_Dad
10-24-2017, 11:58 AM

Can't argue that, however, a Gonzaga degree is nothing to sneeze at and his basketball experience is likely to be MUCH better at Gonzaga.

Zagcity
10-25-2017, 10:03 PM

I'd take Spokane over Bezerkly any day😁

jazzdelmar
10-25-2017, 10:36 PM

Tigers over both in a heartbeat. Not close. Best school in the country.

CDC84
10-25-2017, 11:04 PM
Cal athletic dept. is fighting for their financial existence.

SLOZag
10-25-2017, 11:09 PM

Go Hiwassee College! Make Madisonville, TN proud!!

Malastein
10-26-2017, 03:15 AM
I'd take Spokane over Bezerkly any day��

I've spent 12 years living near both Spokane and Berkeley, and absolutely prefer Berkeley. That's not to say that I don't like Spokane, but the Bay Area is an amazing place to live. There's a lot of cool quirks to Berkeley.

kitzbuel
10-26-2017, 06:28 AM

Clemson?

jazzdelmar
10-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Clemson?

Funny....No, old Nassau.

https://princetoniana.princeton.edu/traditions/performing-arts/songs/old-nassau

WallaWallaZag
10-26-2017, 07:39 AM
Funny....No, old Nassau.

https://princetoniana.princeton.edu/traditions/performing-arts/songs/old-nassau

i was thinking jazz meant memphis...

willandi
10-26-2017, 08:16 AM
i was thinking jazz meant memphis...

Not Auburn?

Corky
10-26-2017, 09:05 AM

And rioting

Zagdawg
10-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Reedley College in CA. has a Tiger as a mascot- maybe that is who he is referencing as it would be a local institution for him.

ZagsObserver
10-26-2017, 09:11 AM

I wouldn’t. Maybe the GU of 20 years ago, but not the current version of each respective institution. Now if we are talking Stanford, of course.

webspinnre
10-26-2017, 09:31 AM
I wouldn’t. Maybe the GU of 20 years ago, but not the current version of each respective institution. Now if we are talking Stanford, of course.

Respectfully, as someone who works in the academic field and has a degree from Gonzaga, Cal is still better academically than GU. Gonzaga has come a long way, but it's not at Cal's level.

ZagsObserver
10-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Respectfully, as someone who works in the academic field and has a degree from Gonzaga, Cal is still better academically than GU. Gonzaga has come a long way, but it's not at Cal's level.

If you are looking at admission statistics, as one of many benchmarks, you are correct. My post is not a universal statement but a personal belief. I hold my belief, as it pertains to enriching the minds of our youth and giving them perspective (educating the whole person). Cal and GU do this very differently. The smartest people I know are slow to form opinions, recognizing that the world is complex. They also engage in rational conversations filled with philosophy and critical thinking. Gonzaga requires critical thinking and philosophy, and as I recall, 4 semesters of it. At Cal, many professors encourage the students to have an opinion on most matters, to promote change and, in many cases, activism. Dialogue and critical thinking are often extinct. This is the antithesis of how learning should be conducted.

This, of course, applies to many of the qualitative studies, not the quantitative, and is also based on my empirical observation, which I recognize is limited.

ZagsGoZags
10-26-2017, 01:25 PM
The ARWU is one of the dozens of perpetually relevant institutions for ranking Universities around the world for academic research output. It is considered the best by the Economist, and American Chronicle of Higher Education. Every ranking organization has its critics but the ARWU is always near the top. It comes out of Shanghai.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_Ranking_of_World_Universities#Overall

They put Cal at #5, under Harvard, Stanford, Cambridge, and MIT

In my opinion people who evaluate Cal by newspaper clippings and its long history for radical activism are missing the 99% of its research output on a consistent basis. I think it has been ranked in the top 10 in the world for at least 50 years after Governor Brown pumped it up with huge resources.

Mantua
10-26-2017, 01:34 PM

I was surprised to see an argument ensue over Cal’s academic prowess! I lived in Berkeley for a while and I liked the food. It wasn’t a bad place to live. Spokane has a lot to offer in terms of life style and comfort. I enjoy the peace and quiet of Spokane.

webspinnre
10-26-2017, 01:51 PM
If you are looking at admission statistics, as one of many benchmarks, you are correct. My post is not a universal statement but a personal belief. I hold my belief, as it pertains to enriching the minds of our youth and giving them perspective (educating the whole person). Cal and GU do this very differently. The smartest people I know are slow to form opinions, recognizing that the world is complex. They also engage in rational conversations filled with philosophy and critical thinking. Gonzaga requires critical thinking and philosophy, and as I recall, 4 semesters of it. At Cal, many professors encourage the students to have an opinion on most matters, to promote change and, in many cases, activism. Dialogue and critical thinking are often extinct. This is the antithesis of how learning should be conducted.

This, of course, applies to many of the qualitative studies, not the quantitative, and is also based on my empirical observation, which I recognize is limited.

I think there are certainly good points here. I'm a believer in the Catholic approach to education and in the value of human formation.

I'm just saying that from the standpoint of raw academics, Cal performs better than Gonzaga. This isn't a criticism of Gonzaga, but simply a statement that Cal really excels in a number of areas that Gonzaga isn't capable of reaching similar levels in.

Would I personally choose Cal over Gonzaga to attend? Probably not, because I believe university choice is more than simply which school is "best" academically. But I do believe that Cal is a stronger school across the board academically than Gonzaga is. I'd also definitely prefer living in Spokane to living in Berkeley, but that's more of a me thing, as living in dense population areas.

WallaWallaZag
10-27-2017, 10:49 AM
I was surprised to see an argument ensue over Cal’s academic prowess! I lived in Berkeley for a while and I liked the food. It wasn’t a bad place to live. Spokane has a lot to offer in terms of life style and comfort. I enjoy the peace and quiet of Spokane.

no kidding...another offhand half serious comment of mine stirring up a bee's nest...season can't start soon enough!!!

cggonzaga
10-27-2017, 12:19 PM
Oh good! We’re still talking about this. :)

basketballzag
11-07-2017, 07:28 PM
Keep an eye on Cody Collinsworth from Pilotpoint, Texas. Gonzaga was the first school on this kid who is a 6'11 Center who weighs about 200 right now and is getting bigger by the day. Gonzaga appears to have the inside track right now on him but he is also being pursued by Texas A&M, TCU, Arizona, Arizona State, K-State, Purdue, LSU, Tulane, and Florida. He plays very much like Zach Collins in that he has a great inside-out game and can really hit 3s. He would fit into the Gonzaga system really well.

https://twitter.com/collinswor1cody?lang=en

basketballzag
11-07-2017, 07:33 PM
Dain Ervin just predicted that Isaac Johnson is a strong lean towards Gonzaga on 247 a few minutes ago.
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Isaac-Johnson-at-American-Fork-181735/CurrentExpertPredictions

btzag
11-07-2017, 08:16 PM
Dain Ervin just predicted that Isaac Johnson is a strong lean towards Gonzaga on 247 a few minutes ago.
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Isaac-Johnson-at-American-Fork-181735/CurrentExpertPredictions

There are BIG spots to be had on the roster...really hope this kid is going to snag one!

doctorzag
11-07-2017, 08:17 PM

Isn`t that prediction from last November?

sittingon50
11-20-2017, 12:03 AM
There was a recruit & parents sitting in the front row adjacent to Zags bench last night.I am fairly sure that it was Isaac.

WallaWallaZag
11-20-2017, 03:24 AM
since zags have been linked to so many, curious what everyone's preference is in terms of bigs for 2019...zags should have petrusev, larsen, and maybe clarke (assuming tillie is gone). in no particular order...

luka samanic
marko pecarski
isaac johnson
matthew van komen
drew timme
will baker

obviously the two euros could end up 2018 as well...likely pecarski if he decides on college route

DixieZag
11-20-2017, 04:26 AM
Keep an eye on Cody Collinsworth from Pilotpoint, Texas. Gonzaga was the first school on this kid who is a 6'11 Center who weighs about 200 right now and is getting bigger by the day. Gonzaga appears to have the inside track right now on him but he is also being pursued by Texas A&M, TCU, Arizona, Arizona State, K-State, Purdue, LSU, Tulane, and Florida. He plays very much like Zach Collins in that he has a great inside-out game and can really hit 3s. He would fit into the Gonzaga system really well.

https://twitter.com/collinswor1cody?lang=en

Wow.

Perhaps someone should tap him on the shoulder and point out that we're about 80% putting people over 6'10 in the NBA right now.

Jstock12
11-27-2017, 11:04 AM
I'm longing for an excuse to stay up until the morning for some Gonzaga games :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miBT10am2E

Zags_Fanatic
11-27-2017, 11:48 AM
I'm longing for an excuse to stay up until the morning for some Gonzaga games :D

4 assists/game in 13.5mpg in the FIBA U19 in Cairo this year is pretty impressive, especially for a 16 year old playing against much older competition. That 3:0 A/TO ratio is also pretty amazing. Is he thought of as the future of Lithuanian PGs?

Longing for an excuse to see you posting around here more as well, although it's great to see you on the Pacers subreddit.

WallaWallaZag
11-27-2017, 12:12 PM
4 assists/game in 13.5mpg in the FIBA U19 in Cairo this year is pretty impressive, especially for a 16 year old playing against much older competition. That 3:0 A/TO ratio is also pretty amazing. Is he thought of as the future of Lithuanian PGs?

Longing for an excuse to see you posting around here more as well, although it's great to see you on the Pacers subreddit.

see some pangos in his game from that video (especially his shot), but he also looks pretty short and not particularly athletic

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 02:53 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7miBT10am2E

Are we recruiting him? I'm assuming so, since you posted his video here. I like it!

Jstock12
11-27-2017, 02:55 PM
Are we recruiting him? I'm assuming so, since you posted his video here. I like it!

Probably not, but he has an option in the agreement to leave Estudiantes in 2019 if it's for NCAA.

He's a 6'3 player who was playing very well in the second Lithuanian league as a 16 year old against older players and even grown men. He has only recently moved to Spain to continue his development there. He's currently 17 years old and is considered to be in the top3 of young Lithuanian prospects (18 or younger).

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Probably not, but he has an option in the agreement to leave Estudiantes in 2019 if it's for NCAA.

Oh, I thought that's why you posted his video. His game is so diverse and advanced, but he's just so unathletic, I don't know how it would translate to major D1 bball.

JPtheBeasta
11-27-2017, 04:12 PM
see some pangos in his game from that video (especially his shot), but he also looks pretty short and not particularly athletic

+1

He must be 6'3'' in shoes, standing on a brick.

thespywhozaggedme
11-27-2017, 04:18 PM
+1

He must be 6'3'' in shoes, standing on a brick.

Yeah, his game reminds me of those 50 year old guys at the Y that are so savvy. Unfortunately his body reminds me of those same 50 year olds.

bdmiller7
11-27-2017, 04:46 PM
He reminds me of Naar. Changes speeds and is crafty around the bucket to get his shot off but not amazing athlete. Im interested if the coaches are.

Zagdawg
12-12-2017, 11:17 AM
Can these local basketball phenoms have big seasons to match their big-college pedigrees?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/high-school/article189266839.html

thespywhozaggedme
12-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Can these local basketball phenoms have big seasons to match their big-college pedigrees?

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/high-school/article189266839.html

I didn't see anything Zags related. What am i missing here?

Zagdawg
12-12-2017, 11:58 AM
2nd Team as juniors--

SECOND TEAM

G PJ Fuller, Garfield, 6-3, jr.

C Nic Lynch, Seattle Prep, 6-11, sr.

G Brock Ravet, Kittitas, 6-1, jr.

C Riley Sorn, Richland, 7-3, sr.

F Anton Watson, Gonzaga Prep, 6-7, jr.

TexasZagFan
12-16-2017, 11:39 AM
Last night, Drew Timme scored 20 in a victory for Richardson Pearce. Not much in the way of stats in the paper.

Bogozags
12-16-2017, 03:13 PM
2nd Team as juniors--

SECOND TEAM

G PJ Fuller, Garfield, 6-3, jr.

C Nic Lynch, Seattle Prep, 6-11, sr.

G Brock Ravet, Kittitas, 6-1, jr.

C Riley Sorn, Richland, 7-3, sr.

F Anton Watson, Gonzaga Prep, 6-7, jr.

What are our chances of landing one of those centers? Or are we even interested?

cggonzaga
12-16-2017, 08:35 PM
What are our chances of landing one of those centers? Or are we even interested?

I don’t believe any interest. Lynch is big and slow like Edwards. Sorn is a better version of Will Foster.

TexasZagFan
12-20-2017, 09:48 PM
Drew Timme scored 26 last night, leading his team to a 58-51 victory.

Bogozags
12-21-2017, 03:37 PM
I don’t believe any interest. Lynch is big and slow like Edwards. Sorn is a better version of Will Foster.

:(

WallaWallaZag
12-28-2017, 04:49 AM
#51 and #66

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=Highscho ol

edited to add: numbers likely to go down once espn rankings are updated and included in the formula...