PDA

View Full Version : Rams fire head coach Jeff Fisher

willandi
12-13-2016, 06:06 AM
http://www.kxly.com/sports/rams-fire-head-coach-jeff-fisher/42769512

And he just signed a 2 year extension. I guess it may be their way of giving him a big send-off, a retirement package. I am just surprised it didn't happen earlier.

I wonder what this will do to the Rams against the Seahawks on Thursday?

webspinnre
12-13-2016, 06:51 AM
Theoretically his extension was signed over the summer I believe. Some of the talk I've seen has been that they'd go after Harbaugh.

LongIslandZagFan
12-13-2016, 08:35 AM
Theoretically his extension was signed over the summer I believe. Some of the talk I've seen has been that they'd go after Harbaugh.

Harbaugh, IMHO, isn't leaving Michigan. Think he is better suited in the college ranks. Can make just as much money with more control.

CDC84
12-13-2016, 08:40 AM
I think Harbaugh is getting paid 9 million a year or some ridiculous figure like that. I don't know if even the Rams are willing to pay that amount for a coach. He may want to get back into the NFL one day, but he has yet to accomplish what he probably wants to at Michigan. Plus, it's his alma mater.

CDC84
12-13-2016, 08:43 AM
I heard some statistic that Jeff has only had 6 winning seasons in 22 years of head coaching or something like that. He's the classic example of a "recycled coach." Just watch....he'll be an assistant for a year and then get hired again as a head coach.