PDA

View Full Version : Its Game Day

Reborn
12-10-2016, 07:50 AM
The best day of the week. I love having this chance to play Akron tonight, They have a very good team and play a very good brand of basketball. It's an honor to have them come into the Kennel to play us. Don't worry Zag fans its going to be a good game. I hope the students bring the craziness like they did against the Huskies.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE

1. how akron guards karnowski.
2. if the zags are ready for a good fight.
3. if the zags can improve on free throws and defensive rebounding
4. tf mathews can continue to be a great Ninja Shooter in the Kennel,

MontanaCoyote
12-10-2016, 09:18 AM
The best day of the week. I love having this chance to play Akron tonight, They have a very good team and play a very good brand of basketball. It's an honor to have them come into the Kennel to play us. Don't worry Zag fans its going to be a good game. I hope the students bring the craziness like they did against the Huskies.

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEE

1. how akron guards karnowski.
2. if the zags are ready for a good fight.
3. if the zags can improve on free throws and defensive rebounding
4. tf mathews can continue to be a great Ninja Shooter in the Kennel,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed just how high an arch Mathews has on his 3's ? Maybe it's just me, but I swear his shot disappears off the top of my TV screen, reappears and drops damn near straight down. Am I just "seeing things"?
(Maybe it's just his 3 from the far or away corner that seems to find the rafters, but he sure seems to shoot it high from wherever).

Zags11
12-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Go zags! I will be there! Snow won't stop me!

jazzdelmar
12-10-2016, 03:28 PM
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed just how high an arch Mathews has on his 3's ? Maybe it's just me, but I swear his shot disappears off the top of my TV screen, reappears and drops damn near straight down. Am I just "seeing things"?
(Maybe it's just his 3 from the far or away corner that seems to find the rafters, but he sure seems to shoot it high from wherever).

A higher percentage arc. Still, would like to see him shoot it better.

ProVeeZag
12-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I assume Akron flew in Friday. Anyone hear if the weather delayed their traveling?

ProVeeZag
12-10-2016, 04:11 PM
GU needs to limit Cheatam Jr. and Big Dog Johnson's offensive rebounds, or it could be a tough night. Given the Zags' propensity of late to not effectively block out, I think 2nd chance points by the Zips makes this a 5-point game or less. Hope I'm wrong and Zags coast.

seacatfan
12-10-2016, 04:37 PM
Getting close to game time, I'm getting slightly nervous now. Wasn't the slightest bit nervous against UW because I knew how that one was gonna go down.

On that rebounding thing. I thought JWIII was supposed to be a monster rebounder, kept hearing about the epic battles between him and Sabonis last year. Not seeing it so far. It's one thing for your offensive game to take a while to adjust when you transfer, but rebounding should travel with you wherever you go.

bballbeachbum
12-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Getting close to game time, I'm getting slightly nervous now. Wasn't the slightest bit nervous against UW because I knew how that one was gonna go down.

On that rebounding thing. I thought JWIII was supposed to be a monster rebounder, kept hearing about the epic battles between him and Sabonis last year. Not seeing it so far. It's one thing for your offensive game to take a while to adjust when you transfer, but rebounding should travel with you wherever you go.

he's gotten some tough rebounds late in games, big rebounds. other issues on the boards imo, maybe we see them addressed tonight.