• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

"It's a trap!"

Akron is.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Virginia Zags Fan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Nov 2009

For sure! I know I am in a post Husky haze. I am sure the coaching staff is not. The real question is where the players are at. Could easily be our version of UT-A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• ZagsObserver
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2010

Don't buy it. Easy W. BYU could be a trap, however.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
        Akron is.

Comment

• Goshzagit
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ZagsObserver View Post
          Don't buy it. Easy W. BYU could be a trap, however.
          Akron is easily the best team we have played in the Kennel this season.

Their size is impressive.

Interestingly, their 6'11", 280lb Center leads their team in assists.

Karno will have his hands full.

Akron is smart, deceptively athletic, esp off the bench, & extremely tough. Very well Coached.

A competitive group that isnt beaten easily.

A blow out win would be the most impressive on the season, save Florida comeback.

I expect this game to be back n forth. Akron is the real deal, a legit Top 50 team who will most likely be in the Dance.

This team made the NIT last yr, & lost in OT to Ohio St.

Comment

• cggonzaga
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post

Akron is smart, deceptively athletic, esp off the bench, & extremely tough. Very well Coached.

A competitive group that isnt beaten easily.

A blow out win would be the most impressive on the season, save Florida comeback.

I expect this game to be back n forth. Akron is the real deal, a legit Top 50 team who will most likely be in the Dance.

This team made the NIT last yr, & lost in OT to Ohio St.
            I agree with all of this Gosh.

Also, I'm not sure this team is susceptible to trap games. The reason I say this is because this team has too many guys that play hard all the time no matter who they're playing. I think they realize this is a special team and a special year. The above reasons are what led me to post the Will We Lose This Season thread. Certainly nobody in the WCC outside of SMC and partially BYU will beat us.

Comment

• Rangerzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
              Akron is.

DOMED!! , obviously,
              "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
              "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
              I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• GoZags
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rangerzag View Post
                DOMED!! , obviously,
                Notre Dame isn't on the schedule this year, unfortunately.
                sigpic
                “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                ——-
                List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post

karno usually plays better against guys his own size...unless akron's big has the athleticism of florida's beast, i'm not worried about karno at all...am worried about the game however...zags still haven't played a complete game (against a legit team).

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
                    karno usually plays better against guys his own size...unless akron's big has the athleticism of florida's beast, i'm not worried about karno at all...am worried about the game however...zags still haven't played a complete game (against a legit team).
                    Regarding the dearth of games against "legit" teams, I think we've done a good job of making our opponents look "not so legit."

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

It would be nice if the Zags could work on not getting murdered on the offensive glass....

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                        It would be nice if the Zags could work on not getting murdered on the offensive glass....
                        +1
                        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2009

Akron's Kenpom defensive ranking is 157. UW's is 174. Overall Kenpom is 90 to UW's 94.

Trap game implies a letdown. I don't see it at this point.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
                            I agree with all of this Gosh.

Also, I'm not sure this team is susceptible to trap games. The reason I say this is because this team has too many guys that play hard all the time no matter who they're playing. I think they realize this is a special team and a special year. The above reasons are what led me to post the Will We Lose This Season thread. Certainly nobody in the WCC outside of SMC and partially BYU will beat us.
                            Not susceptible to trap games? Until we play forty minutes of basketball without allowing an opponent to grab a dozen offensive rebounds, we are as vulnerable as a Death Star with a poorly shielded exhaust port.

“No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                              Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                              • Feb 2007

Oh, Ye of little faith. We will destroy Akron. DESTROY.

They will be completely overwhelmed by our superior size, shooting, and athletes.

And their cute little offense will have no answer for our superior D.
                              Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

Working...
                              X