PDA

View Full Version : GU vs Washington - Predictions/What you hope to see

LongIslandZagFan
12-04-2016, 09:13 AM
You guys seem to be honing your skills... almost two dead on predictions in a row.

Have at it boys and girls!!!

GoZags
12-04-2016, 09:17 AM
You guys seem to be honing your skills... almost two dead on predictions in a row.

Have at it boys and girls!!!

I hope to see 12-16 minutes of Rui Hachimura in the 92-68 win over "They're trembling at the feet of Miiighty Whaaa-shington".

gonzagafan62
12-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Gonzaga 75
Washington 68

23dpg
12-04-2016, 09:32 AM
Hmmm, I hear the Huskies have improved their defense so......Zags 96-78

Zagger
12-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Boy, for me this game is a hard one to pin a score on. UW is going to want to do their absolute best against GU. And, GU can tend to let things get too 'interesting' (like AZ at home last year). My guess is that the scoreboard will be lit up pretty well and the Zags will prevail.

Zags 95
Udub 80

I hope to see GU with few TOs and a much better FT% than Thursday. I also hope to see Mathews improve greatly on his 3 pt shooting. Lastly .... I want to see the Zags pull away from the Huskies in the 2nd half - not the other way around! My 15 point spread is banking on that - risky as it may be.

CdAZagFan
12-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Would love to see two strong halves - good shooting in both halves, no let down on offense or defense. Win the rebounding stats. Shutdown Fultz. And get Mathews back on track with his 3-point shooting.

Zags 80
UW 72

Outraged
12-04-2016, 10:12 AM
I would say twelve point spread. The zags are passing the ball more so I will limit our score to 78 to Washington 66 with 6 blocks against them.

tags add 1 more to the rotation to preserve their three point shooting legs in the second half.

JAGzag
12-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Hope the students bring it! It's been a long time since this rivalry was at the forefront of our schedule. These kids were pretty young when UW chickened out of playing us. This is not just another game!!

Rangerzag
12-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Zags
89-74

sittingon50
12-04-2016, 12:08 PM
Hope the students bring it! It's been a long time since this rivalry was at the forefront of our schedule. These kids were pretty young when UW chickened out of playing us. This is not just another game!!

Loudest I've ever heard K2 was the last time the huskies were in.

gonzagabasketball
12-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Loudest I've ever heard K2 was the last time the huskies were in.

It never sounds as loud anymore as it did when Pargo hit Hytvelt from the G after the tip, at least on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSF2sMv21GE&t=278s

(tip is at 4:02, another big dunk by Hytvelt at 7:57)

seacatfan
12-04-2016, 12:39 PM
Would love to see two strong halves - good shooting in both halves, no let down on offense or defense.

This. They've been surviving the tale of two halves in games, but it's not a good trend.

maynard g krebs
12-04-2016, 12:46 PM
96-75.

ZagsGoZags
12-04-2016, 12:56 PM
zags 88
UW 73

krii
12-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Zags 90
Washington 79

Karno 15p/10r/4a/2b

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Zags 83
UW. 77

bartruff1
12-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Gonzaga 86-76

GonzaGAW
12-04-2016, 02:18 PM
zags 87
dogs 72

I just hope we hold fultz to his average of what 30 points, and he does not go off for 40 plus. at his average or below I do not see how we lose.

Virginia Zags Fan
12-04-2016, 02:35 PM
I predict Mr. Fultz will get 23 points in a losing effort.

GU 86-68

I would love to see a 20 point win. We are getting very spoiled as fans of this program.

Coach Crazy
12-04-2016, 02:44 PM
Zags 91
Little Step Brother 72

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-04-2016, 03:18 PM
Coach Romar will be ready.

He has locked himself in an underground bunker for the past six months to study game film. He has commissioned psychological profiles of the Gonzaga coaching staff and every player on the roster. His private investigators have been snooping around Spokane digging for the smallest scraps of information to exploit. He knows which players are fighting with their girlfriends and who is the most homesick. He knows this Gonzaga team better than Mark Few knows this team.

He has sacrificed scouting and preparation against other opponents to get ready for THIS battle. He has withheld intricate offensive and defensive sets in his early games so that the Gonzaga coaching staff can't preview them. They will come out in an attacking, shifting amoeba 3/4 court press that looks like a man to man, then effortlessly flow into a half dozen other creative defenses designed to capitalize on every ball-handling weakness the Zags have displayed. His offensive sets will be designed to exploit athletic mismatches and draw fouls. They will rotate the offense repeatedly and shoot only when the Zags are out of position and susceptible to offensive rebounds. They will attack relentlessly for forty minutes and prove to the world that Coach Romar is a genius tactician and master motivator.

The Zags won't know what hit them. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

MontanaCoyote
12-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Forty minutes of intensity. Games on ESPN2. Show the country our best.

maynard g krebs
12-04-2016, 04:42 PM
Coach Romar will be ready.

He has locked himself in an underground bunker for the past six months to study game film. He has commissioned psychological profiles of the Gonzaga coaching staff and every player on the roster. His private investigators have been snooping around Spokane digging for the smallest scraps of information to exploit. He knows which players are fighting with their girlfriends and who is the most homesick. He knows this Gonzaga team better than Mark Few knows this team.

He has sacrificed scouting and preparation against other opponents to get ready for THIS battle. He has withheld intricate offensive and defensive sets in his early games so that the Gonzaga coaching staff can't preview them. They will come out in an attacking, shifting amoeba 3/4 court press that looks like a man to man, then effortlessly flow into a half dozen other creative defenses designed to capitalize on every ball-handling weakness the Zags have displayed. His offensive sets will be designed to exploit athletic mismatches and draw fouls. They will rotate the offense repeatedly and shoot only when the Zags are out of position and susceptible to offensive rebounds. They will attack relentlessly for forty minutes and prove to the world that Coach Romar is a genius tactician and master motivator.

The Zags won't know what hit them. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

I have heard he has been setting bowling pins at center court and practicing rolling the ball at them for hours on end, hitting over 90% strikes. He has become the best in the game at rolling out the ball.

sittingon50
12-04-2016, 05:08 PM
I have heard he has been setting bowling pins at center court and practicing rolling the ball at them for hours on end, hitting over 90% strikes. He has become the best in the game at rolling out the ball.

Ouch.

Zagdawg
12-04-2016, 05:12 PM
Would like to see NWG have his best game of the year and the Zags by 20 in the "welcome back to the series" --Spokane edition.

Would love to help romar get the exposure he has been seeking for so long.

MontanaCoyote
12-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Need to add a 2nd post with a little looking on down the line to league play.

Would like to see fewer turnovers (St. Mary's is ranked 2nd in D-1 in fewest turnovers at 9. Zag's don't make top 100).

Also better free throw shooting (St. Mary's number 4 in D-1 at .818. Zag's 95th at .721).

In close games, you know what I'm sayin'.

freethrow
12-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Good points by Montana Coyote. WARNING--this is a dangerous game. The team may be as relaxed as this Board. Looking at a stat comparison Washington beats in most categories (see ESPN). Horned Frogs were no slouches and 2 losses (what an odd rematch) to them are not as bad losses as one would think. If GU comes out slow, UW-85 GU-81. Same score if GU hits less than 80% on freethrows or has more than 13 turnovers. UW can score. Otherwise, and hopefully, GU-88 UW-82

ProVeeZag
12-04-2016, 05:53 PM
GU 87
Dawgs 78

Turnovers continue to plague Zags (and probably will until we get into WCC schedule). I hope to see GU outboard the Dawgs by at least 5. Also get to the line at least 20 times and convert at least 15 of those. Lastly, I hope to see Rui get at least 10 minutes PT.

Therunner
12-04-2016, 06:16 PM
I predict Mr. Fultz will get 23 points in a losing effort.

GU 86-68

I would love to see a 20 point win. We are getting very spoiled as fans of this program.

Ditto

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Good points by Montana Coyote. WARNING--this is a dangerous game. The team may be as relaxed as this Board. Looking at a stat comparison Washington beats in most categories (see ESPN). Horned Frogs were no slouches and 2 losses (what an odd rematch) to them are not as bad losses as one would think. If GU comes out slow, UW-85 GU-81. Same score if GU hits less than 80% on freethrows or has more than 13 turnovers. UW can score. Otherwise, and hopefully, GU-88 UW-82

I agree that this is a dangerous game.

We will face a very motivated opponent with a lot of raw athleticism and raw talent. This is a huge game for Coach Romar and his team. This is by far the biggest game they have played to date. They have a chance to pick up a season-changing win against a Top-10 team. That would improve their chances of making the post-season immeasurably. They have a chance to change the local and national perception of their program with just this one win.

There is also a certain revenge factor against Coach Few for so many prior losses on the court and on the recruiting trail. There may also be lingering bitterness against Nigel Williams-Goss for spurning the Husky program. This feels like a WCC game where we will face an opponent who is more motivated to beat Gonzaga than they are to beat any other team on their schedule.

Knowing this, I expect the Huskies to play the first fifteen minutes of the game like their season depends on this win, and I expect their coaches to prepare for this game like their careers depend on it. If they can keep the game close through the first fifteen minutes, this game could go down to the wire.

The Zags need to weather the pressure that the Huskies will bring during the opening minutes of the game. The Zags need to protect the basketball. Romar's teams play fast and love to feast on fast break opportunities. Our kids need to clear the defensive glass better than they have. UW fought for and won a lot of second-chance points against us a year ago. We can't allow that trend to continue.

I hope to see the Zags blow UW out by a huge margin and it could happen. I foresee an uglier contest with lots of sloppy turnovers on both sides. The Zags will hold a lead for most of the game, but some missed free throws in the closing minutes will make us nervous.

Huskies 65
Zags 74

Zags11
12-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Zags 81
Uw 72

Shem 16

zag67
12-04-2016, 08:21 PM
GU - 86
UW - 75

stevet75
12-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Zags 85, Huskies 78.

bartruff1
12-04-2016, 08:29 PM
This is a important game, but it is hardly a deal breaker for the UW...sure they would love to win it, but a loss on the road to a top ten team is not a bad loss...especially in the Kennel.

I suspect the most important games for them are the Conference Games and in particular the Conference Tournament Games (or maybe the game against Alabama) . :D

They should come out and let her fly with nothing to lose and a lot to gain...that makes them more dangerous.

ZagsGoZags
12-04-2016, 10:44 PM
anyone have a link for the Huskies fan board?

ZaggyDog
12-04-2016, 11:26 PM
Zags have been pretty good on defense. I expect a slightly worse version of what we saw from Arizona and for the Zags to shoot slightly better with the home cooking.

Sled dogs: 59
Zags: 76

Virginia Zags Fan
12-04-2016, 11:33 PM
UW has some good three point shooters. Fultz, Crisp, and Thybulle all above 45%. Balanced scoring team. They are a fast, long, athletic team. I really hope the guys bring the intensity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seacatfan
12-04-2016, 11:45 PM
We've got some Nervous Nellys on this board. Why are some of you worried about UW? They aren't a good team. They've demonstrated that. Bad defensively. Zags could score in the 90-100 range in this one. They were better last year and GU handled them easily. No matter how good Fultz is, he doesn't make up for Andrews, Murray and Chriss by himself. Who else did they add? And GU is probably better now than they were when they faced the Huskies last year. I just don't see how the Huskies are gonna win this game, and I don't think it's going to be particularly close.

And revenge factor is overblown, especially in regards to NWG. I'm almost positive there isn't a single player on UW's roster now that was a teammate of his. Maybe if Andrews was still there he'd play out of his mind trying to get one over on his former backcourt mate, but he's gone. These guys don't know NWG, so I think that's a non-issue. Anyway I bet he's gonna be pretty motivated to make sure his current team doesn't loose to his former team.

Also there's the Karnowski conundrum. Just like Arizona, UW doesn't have a single player that can handle him on the block. Maybe they'll bring a double team, but I bet their defensive rotations aren't very good getting out to 3 point shooters if they take that approach. Pick your poison. And Few owns Romar if you need anything else to calm your nerves. Relax Zags fans, they got this. Will probably look a lot like the last time the Huskies ventured over to Spokane quite a few years ago.

Zagger
12-05-2016, 04:33 AM
96-75.

You take the high road and I take the low road ;-)

GrizZAG
12-05-2016, 04:36 AM
Looking at stats not so confident. As a team Dogs are shooting over 42% from the 3 and in spite of their record thus far they are potentially a threat for certain.
Zags better not turn it over and defend the 3. Defending the 3 has never been a strong suit for Zags over the Few years. Free throws must be more reliable also.
Predicting this one is tough, but home advantage takes it. Zags 88 Dogs 84

Zaga
12-05-2016, 05:57 AM
85-62 Zag's................

DixieZag
12-05-2016, 07:21 AM
Zags 88
Not Z: 76

Zagricultural
12-05-2016, 07:43 AM
Zags 83
Hated Huskies 76

TexasZagFan
12-05-2016, 07:51 AM
I have trouble getting worried about a team that lost to TCU in back to back games, twice by double digits.

I have no doubt that our scouting report for UW will be as excellent as it was for UA. Zach Collins was quoted after the game regarding how well they were prepared for UA. Rivalry games are tough to predict, but I like our chances at The Kennel.

Zags 90, UW 75

titopoet
12-05-2016, 08:07 AM
I want to see Karno continuing to assert himself as a scorer. Sometimes he falls in love with his passing. In Arizona game he just played to his scoring and was unstoppable. If he does so, he demands double team and then get to the open man. Playing through Karno makes everything so much easier.

107-78 the zags continue to improve.

willandi
12-05-2016, 08:47 AM
98-74 Zags

I do worry about this game. UW has nothing to lose. They KNOW Gonzaga is the higher rated team and they KNOW they are expected to lose. They could come out and play free and easy, and do better than expected...they could come out and Kafusi it, putting the Zags back on their heels. If the game is played straight, and as a game, the Zags defense will be the best UW has faced, or close to it, as will the offense.

RenoZag
12-05-2016, 09:04 AM
84 - 73, Zags

GonzagasaurusFlex
12-05-2016, 09:50 AM
98-74 Zags

I do worry about this game. UW has nothing to lose. They KNOW Gonzaga is the higher rated team and they KNOW they are expected to lose. They could come out and play free and easy, and do better than expected...they could come out and Kafusi it, putting the Zags back on their heels. If the game is played straight, and as a game, the Zags defense will be the best UW has faced, or close to it, as will the offense.

I hear ya willandi and understand what you're saying, but all UW ever does under Romar is come out and play free and easy! That's their biggest problem!

TacomaZAG
12-05-2016, 09:58 AM
ZAGS by 12+..............

For all you stat junkies out there, when was the last time the Fuskies appeared on any ESPN network in the out of conference schedule?? Maybe they are finally getting the national exposure they have wanted for about a decade. Further question, when was the last time the Fuskies appeared on any ESPN network in the out of conference schedule as the marquee team??

Beat down coming.

Go ZAGS

TexasZagFan
12-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Personally, I don't think our players will be overhyped, with the exception of NWG. The last time the two teams played, the players were in elementary or middle school. There's more of a rivalry now with Arizona than UW. As the saying goes, it's not a rivalry if the other team never wins.

zagamatic
12-05-2016, 10:51 AM
I have a feeling that the team won't allow NWG to lose this game. Furthermore, I have a feeling that playing a second PAC12 team in a row, this time at home, will give Matthews the focus that he needs to go off for 20+ points. I'm going with Zags 92-68

Goshzagit
12-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Just read UW was up 23-5 at one point vs TCU, an 18 pt lead.

They lost by 15.

That's a 33 pt swing!

We like to give up leads to, but not quite like the Dawgs.

seacatfan
12-05-2016, 10:53 AM
The last time the two teams played, the players were in elementary or middle school.

They played last year in a tournament, not long after the Okinawa fiasco. 11/25/15 80-64 Zags.

ZAG'em
12-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Best game I've ever seen is the last time the huskies came to the Kennel. The place was rocking and GU took it to them. If I remember the quote from Pendo that the coach had the team so fired up for the game he was ready to fight someone. Hopefully we will see the same Wednesday. Go Zags

TexasZagFan
12-05-2016, 10:58 AM
They played last year in a tournament, not long after the Okinawa fiasco. 11/25/15 80-64 Zags.

I stand corrected...thanks. How could I have forgotten that?

seacatfan
12-05-2016, 11:03 AM
I stand corrected...thanks. How could I have forgotten that?

I'm sure the Huskies would like to forget that one. I think it will be more of the same on Wednesday.

maynard g krebs
12-05-2016, 12:43 PM
I want to see Karno continuing to assert himself as a scorer. Sometimes he falls in love with his passing. In Arizona game he just played to his scoring and was unstoppable. If he does so, he demands double team

Miller decided not to double team him, and said he feared his passing more than his scoring. You can demand the double team, but that doesn't mean the opponent has to agree to your demand.

bigblahla
12-05-2016, 01:13 PM
Zags 95-78

Go!! Zags!!!

cggonzaga
12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
90-77 Zags

maynard g krebs
12-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Yale scored 98 on them. TCU 93 and 86. Long Beach and Fullerton each scored 88. TCU games both in the last week.

Three mid/low majors averaged 91 ppg at UW's place.

Maybe the Huskies run 25 seconds every possession, but I doubt it. That's the only way, barring a cold shooting night from the Zags, that the Zags don't hit 90+.

All Weather Fan
12-05-2016, 02:16 PM
If it's possible for the guys to want to win a game more than the Arizona game, this is it !
Zags - 91
Dawgs - 78

mattydog73
12-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Zags: 93
U/W: 71

billyberu
12-05-2016, 03:02 PM
We've got some Nervous Nellys on this board. Why are some of you worried about UW? They aren't a good team. They've demonstrated that. Bad defensively. Zags could score in the 90-100 range in this one. They were better last year and GU handled them easily. No matter how good Fultz is, he doesn't make up for Andrews, Murray and Chriss by himself. Who else did they add? And GU is probably better now than they were when they faced the Huskies last year. I just don't see how the Huskies are gonna win this game, and I don't think it's going to be particularly close.

And revenge factor is overblown, especially in regards to NWG. I'm almost positive there isn't a single player on UW's roster now that was a teammate of his. Maybe if Andrews was still there he'd play out of his mind trying to get one over on his former backcourt mate, but he's gone. These guys don't know NWG, so I think that's a non-issue. Anyway I bet he's gonna be pretty motivated to make sure his current team doesn't loose to his former team.

Also there's the Karnowski conundrum. Just like Arizona, UW doesn't have a single player that can handle him on the block. Maybe they'll bring a double team, but I bet their defensive rotations aren't very good getting out to 3 point shooters if they take that approach. Pick your poison. And Few owns Romar if you need anything else to calm your nerves. Relax Zags fans, they got this. Will probably look a lot like the last time the Huskies ventured over to Spokane quite a few years ago.
This +1
Gonzaga: in the 100's
UDub: in the low 70's
Double team Karnowski and pay or single and pay. They have no one to stop him. My guess is that the Huskies are going to be very "handsy" in trying to deny the entry pass into the post. That won't work either.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

basketballzag
12-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Gonzaga 115 UW 68.

Zag_Dad
12-05-2016, 05:02 PM
GU 96
Huskies 84

I worry NWG plays a little tight against his old coach and team but sorts it out in second half. Matthews finds his groove and hits four 3's. Fultz has a good game but doesn't score more than 19.

GO ZAGS

cggonzaga
12-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Haha nice bballzag

MJ777
12-06-2016, 01:46 PM
Zags 90
UW 81

Hoopaholic
12-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Zags 90
Huskies 78

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-06-2016, 02:05 PM
anyone have a link for the Huskies fan board?

I can't seem to find one with any current threads related to their basketball team.

Zagricultural
12-06-2016, 04:40 PM

I know this, but I think the nerves come from the amount of desire I have to beat them! When you really care about something you tend to get a little irrational about it. Also, the Huskies do have the talent to win if they can put it together for 40 minutes. Even though I fully expect a GU win, I will breathe a lot easier after it is in the bag :)

seacatfan
12-06-2016, 04:57 PM
I know this, but I think the nerves come from the amount of desire I have to beat them! When you really care about something you tend to get a little irrational about it. Also, the Huskies do have the talent to win if they can put it together for 40 minutes. Even though I fully expect a GU win, I will breathe a lot easier after it is in the bag :)

I definitely feel that way sometimes. The Huskies just aren't evoking it for me.

Let's see what can happen if the Zags put it together for 40 minutes. Don't think we've really seen that yet.

Bogozags
12-06-2016, 07:55 PM
I definitely feel that way sometimes. The Huskies just aren't evoking it for me.

Let's see what can happen if the Zags put it together for 40 minutes. Don't think we've really seen that yet.

Just rewatched the 06 game and my question is, are we better today than we were then? Is Udub better today than they were back then?

I think we are a much better balanced team with more size and shooters. On the other hand, Udub has excellent athletes today but no equitable size comparable to the 06 team...

GU- 96
UW-82

kitzbuel
12-06-2016, 07:56 PM
Zags 88

Other Team 71

Zags rarely allow teams to score more the 70 against them. Huskies rarely hold opponents under 80.

seacatfan
12-06-2016, 09:12 PM
Just rewatched the 06 game and my question is, are we better today than we were then? Is Udub better today than they were back then?

I think we are a much better balanced team with more size and shooters. On the other hand, Udub has excellent athletes today but no equitable size comparable to the 06 team...

GU- 96
UW-82

I had to look up their roster. They certainly don't have any bigs even remotely close to Brockman or Hawes now. Fultz is not comparable to anybody on that '06 team. Dentmon and Pondexter were pretty solid. Appleby could shoot the 3 but had some weaknesses. That team was up and down. I'd say the '06 Huskies were easily better than the '16 Huskies.

LongIslandZagFan
12-07-2016, 07:38 AM
Huskies don't play D... Zags do.

Zags 98
Huskies 72

jazzdelmar
12-07-2016, 07:55 AM
The line in the NY Daily Nooz is 15....:)

GoZags
12-07-2016, 08:01 AM
The line in the NY Daily Nooz is 15....:)

A few interesting thoughts on the line

UW 15.5 Point Underdogs to Gonzaga
Yesterday at 5:39 PM
The point spread pretty much speaks for where these two programs are right now. If I had to choose, I'd lay the points.
Rate now:
fdawg
X
89 MONTHS
Premium Member
Rating: 3.1/5 this site
25 posts this site
---
Re: UW 15.5 Point Underdogs to Gonzaga
Yesterday at 7:03 PM
i too would take the points plus first half gonzaga. probably be 15 by halftime.
Rate now:
windsor15
X
60 MONTHS
Premium Member
Rating: 3.0/5 this site
----
13 posts this site
Yesterday at 8:07 PM
I am shocked its not more, season ticket holder but calling my Vegas connection and taking the Zags. Wouldn't be surprised to see that around 17.5 by game time.
Rate now:
Dawg91
X
36 MONTHS
Premium Member
Hardcore Husky
Rating: 2.6/5 this site
5028 posts this site
----
2:28 AM
Put everything you've ever earned on Gonzaga. It'll be a standard ass kicking
Rate now:

TexasZagFan
12-07-2016, 08:23 AM
A few interesting thoughts on the line

Thank God! A chance at redemption. Last week, I didn't put everything I had on the Zags, as BobZag recommended. My wife's been giving me flak for it.

She's forcing me into it with her plans for spending all that "free money" from tonight's game. Thanks, GZ, you've saved my marriage!

Just do me a favor, and don't mention this when you meet her in Nashville. :allhail:

Reborn
12-07-2016, 08:29 AM
GONZAGA 91
Huskies 71

What would i LIKE TO SEE.

1. Melson begin to play like a Junior and not like a freshman.
2. Mathews going off in the Kennel again for 5 threes.
3. NWG going off for a triple double.
4. PK coming back home to display his All American talent for his friends and fellow students.
5. The student body going nuts.

Urika
12-07-2016, 08:54 AM
Here's to the Zags hanging at least 20 on Romar

Bomb the Huskies back to the Stone Age, give no quarter....

ZagzKrak
12-07-2016, 08:56 AM
Zags 91
Dawgs 87

Can throw out the records for rivalry games.

Kiddwell
12-07-2016, 09:14 AM
Hope to see (1) fast start, (2) no letdown, (3) a resounding beatdown*.

:boxing:

:]

<...a stick beatdown!> :boxing:

GoZags
12-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Here's to the Zags hanging at least 20 on Romar

Bomb the Huskies back to the Stone Age, give no quarter....

Hey ... good to "see" you ... hope they do what you say.

coolhandzag
12-07-2016, 10:02 AM
I'd like to see a handful of things.

1. Lock down both boards. Maximize Zag opportunities and minimize U-Dub.
2. Cinch the perimeter, make them put it on the deck and force the dribble to the middle of the key.
3. Efficient on the offense. Run through Shem and made the Dub pick a poison.

Do any 2 of these 3 the Zags win. Do all three the Zags roll by 25+

gozagswoohoo
12-07-2016, 10:35 AM
From Gonzaga:

13 three pointers
18 field goals
14-14 from the FT line
15 assists
9 blocks
5 steals
4 dunks
3 turnovers
1 technical foul on Coach Few for flipping off Romar after a NASTY dunk from Collins

From UW:
9 field goals
24 turnovers
1 assist
2 three pointers
1 FT
1 Technical foul on Romar for flipping off the Kennel Club

Angelo Roncalli
12-07-2016, 10:50 AM
https://youtu.be/lSPNQ82Sq4E

zaguarxj
12-07-2016, 10:51 AM
GONZAGA 91
Huskies 71

What would i LIKE TO SEE.

1. Melson begin to play like a Junior and not like a freshman.
2. Mathews going off in the Kennel again for 5 threes.
3. NWG going off for a triple double.
4. PK coming back home to display his All American talent for his friends and fellow students.
5. The student body going nuts.

Melson has the 2nd highest assist/TO ratio on the team, behind Shem, with only 0.8 TO in 24 minutes per game. It's true that he isn't shooting very well but he is taking good shots in the flow of the offense, playing very good defense and not turning the ball over. It is unfair to accuse him of "playing like a freshman" when he's doing almost everything right and is simply struggling with shooting percentage. I have no doubt that his shooting will improve due to "regression to the mean" if nothing else. He's too good of a shooter to believe otherwise, as his 85.7% FT shooting would suggest. Sit back and enjoy watching this young man contribute, because you're going to be seeing him on the court for at least 25 minutes a game for the rest of the year. I know we all want to see our freshman phenoms play but the team is in pretty good hands right now.

zag buddy
12-07-2016, 11:15 AM
I would like to see what Jeremy Jones brings to the table.

upan8th
12-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Line has actually, despite sentiment here, regressed from opening -16 to 14 -14 1/2. That's pretty significant steam coming in on the Fusskies. With usual 2d half fade, Zags (why expect anything else?) fritter away 19 pt halftime lead and allow Dubs to cover: GU 87 UDUB 74, and Lorenzo can blame it all on the refs.

Reborn
12-07-2016, 01:37 PM
Melson has the 2nd highest assist/TO ratio on the team, behind Shem, with only 0.8 TO in 24 minutes per game. It's true that he isn't shooting very well but he is taking good shots in the flow of the offense, playing very good defense and not turning the ball over. It is unfair to accuse him of "playing like a freshman" when he's doing almost everything right and is simply struggling with shooting percentage. I have no doubt that his shooting will improve due to "regression to the mean" if nothing else. He's too good of a shooter to believe otherwise, as his 85.7% FT shooting would suggest. Sit back and enjoy watching this young man contribute, because you're going to be seeing him on the court for at least 25 minutes a game for the rest of the year. I know we all want to see our freshman phenoms play but the team is in pretty good hands right now.

very dood post, and i understand. I want him to succeed in the worse way. His inconsistent shooting is what I meant by playing like freshman. I think it's a fair criticism of his game, and it's fair to hope he hits some shots tonight, both inside and out. I did not suggest to bench him, or give him less minutes. I DON'T AGREE WITH U THOUGH THAT IF THIS INCONSISIENT PLAY CONTINUES HE WILL SPEND MORE TOME ON THE BENCH. He already has. He didn't play much in thew last game.

ProVeeZag
12-07-2016, 03:26 PM
Line has actually, despite sentiment here, regressed from opening -16 to 14 -14 1/2. That's pretty significant steam coming in on the Fusskies. With usual 2d half fade, Zags (why expect anything else?) fritter away 19 pt halftime lead and allow Dubs to cover: GU 87 UDUB 74, and Lorenzo can blame it all on the refs.

As much as I'd like to see a 25 point blowout win by Zags, I think this post could be closer to reality when the shouting is over. Putting teams away has not been a GU strong suit so far this season.

FroZAG
12-07-2016, 04:15 PM
GU 89 UW 81

gu03alum
12-07-2016, 04:28 PM
There is a guy sitting across from me on the train wearing a Gonzaga sweatshirt. I love game day. Go Zags! Beat the Huskies!

99-33 Zags win

Hoopaholic
12-07-2016, 05:43 PM
There is a guy sitting across from me on the train wearing a Gonzaga sweatshirt. I love game day. Go Zags! Beat the Huskies!

99-33 Zags win

I will find you and buy several rounds if the score is anywhere near your prediction. Love it

LongIslandZagFan
12-07-2016, 06:01 PM
Gotta make a note to myself... I should NOT leave the data entry to the last minute. 1/2 hour entering these tonight... when I usually do them throughout the days.

Still time for last minute predictions..

GoZAGsMang
12-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Since the series has not been played in a long time... I thought that I should at least know their mascot.

I looked him up, this is "Fluffers" the huskitty. According to his wiki page, he does not like to travel, scares very easily, and hates to dance.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/zagsmang/huskitty_zpsn66kz5st.png (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/zagsmang/media/huskitty_zpsn66kz5st.png.html)

Would like to see a Zags win and a big game from NWG.

GoZAGsMang

gu03alum
12-07-2016, 07:20 PM
I will find you and buy several rounds if the score is anywhere near your prediction. Love it

I'm holding you to that

Hoopaholic
12-07-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm holding you to that

Will give me 365 days of joy to pay this out

Martin Centre Mad Man
12-07-2016, 09:12 PM
From Gonzaga:

13 three pointers
18 field goals
14-14 from the FT line
15 assists
9 blocks
5 steals
4 dunks
3 turnovers
1 technical foul on Coach Few for flipping off Romar after a NASTY dunk from Collins

From UW:
9 field goals
24 turnovers
1 assist
2 three pointers
1 FT
1 Technical foul on Romar for flipping off the Kennel Club

Yikes!!! Do you have a crystal ball!!!

seacatfan
12-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Sooooo......why were some of you worried about this game?!

LongIslandZagFan
12-07-2016, 10:15 PM
Predictions and means will be up on Predictions thread shortly

Hoopaholic
12-07-2016, 10:32 PM

99-33 Zags win
Turned to the old man at the ten minute mark and told him I might have to pay up on a costly bet

sittingon50
12-08-2016, 01:11 AM
Since the series has not been played in a long time... I thought that I should at least know their mascot.

I looked him up, this is "Fluffers" the huskitty. According to his wiki page, he does not like to travel, scares very easily, and hates to dance.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d37/zagsmang/huskitty_zpsn66kz5st.png (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/zagsmang/media/huskitty_zpsn66kz5st.png.html)

Would like to see a Zags win and a big game from NWG.

GoZAGsMang

:clap:

gu03alum
12-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Turned to the old man at the ten minute mark and told him I might have to pay up on a costly bet

They would have done it if they didn't let up in the second half