PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few interview with Seth Davis

allbusiness_zag
12-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Hey all,

I don't post much, but thought I'd share the below.

https://campusinsiders.com/shows/the-seth-davis-show-mark-few/

It's a good interview with Few. I just can't stand Seth Davis...

ProVeeZag
12-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Hey, thanks for the link. Just listened to the entire video and thought it was a great interview. Like you, I'm not a Seth Davis fan, but as the interview went on, I thought Davis did a creditable job of teasing out more personal information from Coach Few than he typically offers. THANKS!

Goshzagit
12-01-2016, 01:02 PM
Great find!

26 min interview.

ZagNative
12-01-2016, 01:04 PM
Definitely cool. Thanks for posting!

strikenowhere
12-01-2016, 01:09 PM
I know its been intimated before in other interviews, but the idea of Few not being the coach for too many more years is a bit jarring. When would he be looking to hang up the whistle?

Is this why Tommy Lloyd is sticking around when he could be going almost anywhere else (especially with his overseas recruiting prowess)? I believe Lloyd is 42 so he's got about 10 or so years on Few.

jazzdelmar
12-01-2016, 01:11 PM
I know its been intimated before in other interviews, but the idea of Few not being the coach for too many more years is a bit jarring. When would he be looking to hang up the whistle?

Is this why Tommy Lloyd is sticking around when he could be going almost anywhere else (especially with his overseas recruiting prowess)? I believe Lloyd is 42 so he's got about 10 or so years on Few.

Lets let sleeping dogs lie......

thegloriousgoateeofKP
12-01-2016, 01:37 PM

I had the same thought, and frankly, it's terrifying.

I do find it hard to believe that Coach Few would just voluntarily stop coaching unless he had some health problem or family issue. He says now that he can't see himself coaching into his 70s, but things can change (wishful thinking of course). I'd be down with Tommy getting a chance after Few, I suppose.

Regardless though, how freaking lucky are we to have Coach Few? And that he's so dedicated and loyal to GU. They need to start building the statue of him outside the Kennel right now. Heck, they should've started 10 years ago.

Zagceo
12-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Hey all,

I don't post much, but thought I'd share the below.

https://campusinsiders.com/shows/the-seth-davis-show-mark-few/

It's a good interview with Few. I just can't stand Seth Davis...

Thanks for posting.

Best interview of Coach Few IMO ever. Production value, content and length all top quality.

I'm not surprised that Few didn't hesitate in responding to the coaching question.

A Final Four could make his retirement become even closer IMO.

gonzagafan62
12-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Love the interview thanks

dan71w
12-01-2016, 02:31 PM
I vaguely remember i think last year; Mark said Lloyd was ready to step into his job. I took it then, that Mark and Lloyd already have the long term care of the team planned out.

gonstu
12-01-2016, 02:54 PM
I bet Few would hate a statue - might not even allow it. But, naming the court maybe? "Mark Few Court (Floor?)" in the Kennel. that should happen. And what about retiring a jersey/# in his honor - that should happen the day he retires. Hopefully not for another 7 or 8 years and 2 or 3 Final 4 appearances.

MDABE80
12-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Superior/ Thanks for posting..

Virginia Zags Fan
12-01-2016, 03:30 PM
Really enjoyed it! Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coach Crazy
12-01-2016, 04:15 PM
Tommy is integral in running this team. He's ready, when the time comes. He is a superior recruiter and he'll continue the coaching lineage that has been established for this program.

For now, we'll just enjoy the fact that we have a coach that will be a lock for the HOF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rangerzag
12-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Coach Few is 53 and he says he doesn't see himself coaching into his 70's.

That is 17 years to make that observation accurate, or maybe not.

Seems a little early to break out the personal flotation devices.

CDC84
12-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Tomorrow afternoon, Jay Bilas will be telling us about how Gonzaga is such an outstanding mid major program. It's a question that Seth, of course, had to address with Few. Someone should forward these links to Bilas:

http://college-sports.pointafter.com/q/11912/3448/How-much-profit-does-the-University-of-Oregon-Basketball-team-in-Eugene-Oregon-make

http://college-sports.pointafter.com/q/15378/3448/How-much-profit-does-the-Gonzaga-University-Basketball-team-in-Spokane-Washington-make

sittingon50
12-02-2016, 02:37 PM
Someone cookin' the Women's books? Pretty hard to hit $0, isn't it? Maybe some of you fine GU Accounting Majors can explain that one to me.

CDC84
12-02-2016, 03:13 PM
Well, it's better than the $-2,450,654 profit that the Oregon women's team "enjoyed." :)

Zagger
12-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Hey thanks! Great interview.

Dogtownkid
12-02-2016, 05:30 PM
Great interview!

tyra
12-02-2016, 05:34 PM
That was a superb interview. Coach was open, honest, very authentic and something else -- wise!

sittingon50
12-02-2016, 09:27 PM
That was very good. Thanks allbusiness.