PDA

View Full Version : Sounders headed to MLS Cup final

asoc
11-27-2016, 09:05 PM
I used to post a Sounders thread years back, but I don't come here as much as I used to anymore.

After being one of the worst teams in the first 3/5 of the season they fired Sigi, promoted Schmetzer who has been a Sounder since playing for the Sounders in the NASL days, and brought in Nicholas Lodeiro.

Those three things turned the team around and they were the best team in the league the rest of the way, working their way into the playoffs.

They scrapped out a tough home win against Sporting Kansas City in the opening round of the playoffs. They then took out the top seeded team in the playoffs in FC Dallas, then took out the next best team in the league in the Colorado Rapids to qualify for MLS Cup.

We don't know who they will face yet.

The Sounders will either be hosting MLS Cup against the Montreal Impact or they will be travelling to play Toronto FC with Michael Bradley, Jozy Altidore and the best player in the league in Sebastian Giovinco.

Montreal won their first game against Toronto in Montreal 3-2. They head into Toronto to finish up the aggregate goals series on Wednesday night. The first tie breaker if the teams are tied at the end of game two is who scored the most away goals. So Toronto has a nice edge there.

Lets hope for Montreal to advance though, then Seattle will be hosting MLS CUP!

As a side note for all you Gonzaga fans. Zach Scott, a former Zagg, has announced that he is retiring at the end of this season. So after spending his entire professional career with the Sounders this is his last season.

He is a great role model for all of us. He has never been the best player. But he has always worked hard and given it his all. Through hard work and dedication he was one of the few players that made the MLS team in 2009 from the USL team. He is an example to all of us to never give up, keep working and good things will come.