PDA

View Full Version : And then there were four ...

Akzag
10-11-2007, 11:01 AM
The Evil Empire Has Been Vanquished.
The Angels Lost, But Are Still Going To Disneyland.
The Cubs Were Kind Enough To Stop Teasing.
The Padres Prayers Went For Naught.

(So, I start creating a poll alphabetically ... and ... Colorado is fourth? I guess the winner will be A, B, or C)

TexasZagFan
10-11-2007, 11:08 AM
My $$$ is still on the Rockies. They're the hottest team in baseball, and they're showing absolutely no fear!

HillBillyZag
10-12-2007, 08:15 AM
TZ, Its destiny, plus pitching, plus a bunch of kids that just love to play baseball. My beloved featherheads will prevail over Boston in six games and will have little trouble with either NL team. Good PITCHING beats good hitting every time.

a13coach
10-12-2007, 09:20 AM
Nice to see you bring a bit of the FOO over here. :)

zagster318
10-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Boston is the most complete team. That being said, the Rockies are on an amazing run, and they may pull the upset in the World Series.

lothar98zag
10-12-2007, 11:59 AM
A WS in Denver would be interesting/fun to watch just to see how the altitude affects things...

Page 2 Sports Guy comments (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/071011):

(Note: I'm rooting for the D-backs for one simple reason -- the thought of the Red Sox playing three games in the thin Denver air scares the living crap out of me. Dice-K can't even sleep on a hard hotel mattress; he's going to throw seven innings in high altitude? And what about Big Papi wheezing his way around the bases and potentially puking between second and third on a triple? Yikes. I don't want any part of the Rockies.)

Akzag
10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
No way for me to prove this, of course but I had the Indians-Rockies in the World Series at the beginning of the playoffs.

As someone with three fantasy teams (a 1st, 3rd, and 5th, tyvm) I was following the day-to-day progress of all of these players. My 1st literally came down to the last inning of the 163rd game.

Anyway, Sabathia and Carmona were rolling. BoSox pitching had not been inspiring for me outside of Beckett. Mike Lowell was my best pick-up of the season. And Hafner and the other Tribe batsmen were getting hot.

So, CC was not good (understatement) in game 1. And Manny (just being Manny) finally hit stride for the first stretch in months. Gonna be interesting to see if Dice-K or even Wakefield can give Boston a good start which I think they need to pull it out.

Otherwise, this Rockies streak is getting ridiculous. I think their last loss was in game 160 or 161 so they have roughly put together two-ten game streaks with a single loss in the middle. In every different kind of way, they just win.

As a NL-purist, I realize that many people just expect the Red Sox (or Tribe) to just pummel their way through the NL-Representative. It just quite simply is a different game. We'll see what happens when they both play by the same rule book.

Personally, I do hope the Tribe win it all. Not just for HillBilly, but to get another long schneid off the list. Cubs next year for the 100th Anniversary.

HillBillyZag
10-17-2007, 08:21 AM
How about It? The Tribe takes out the mighty Yankees, we have have Boston's slo-pitch softball home run hitters on the ropes and all the experts do is talk about the Rockies Sweep, Torre's job status, and why the Sox did'nt pitch Beckett on three days rest in game 4 and/or any other superfluous bravo sierra they can manufacture. Meanwhile my beloved Tribe may be getting back to the Series for the first time since 1997 and possibly winning our first World Series since 1948 and all the press given to us is post game interviews and box scores. Oh well, so be it, our rotation is four pitchers deep, and our Bullpen gets big outs, the lineup is producing one through nine, and the Tribe has a workmanlike confidence that they can win against anyone. You all can love Manny posturing after his dinger,when his team is behind by four, but before the the wuss's took over sports he would have had some chin music played during his next AB. Bob Gibson would have knocked half these posing primi-donnas down once a game on general principal. Go Tribe!, and keep flying below the radar, just keep winning!!

Akzag
10-17-2007, 12:37 PM
You all can love Manny posturing ...

Not me ... I can understand a instanteous pause at the plate. Everything else is showing up the pitcher. That was just stupid by Manny. But that is just one to store away until next season. No reason to throw at him now and wake the Sox up.

Otherwise, sigh, it is just the big markets hogging the media spotlight. Soon enough, my HillBilly friend.