11-22-2016, 11:11 AM
Tennessee vs Oregon 48-40 with 8:02 left

St Marys Vs San Jose State

Pepperdine vs Little Rock

San Diego vs Bethune-Cookman

Pacific vs Wyoming

seacatfan
11-22-2016, 11:20 AM
Washington hosting Long Beach St. The Beach has played a brutal schedule so far and have been getting their butts kicked. 1-4 start to the season. I don't think over scheduling is doing Monson any favors. It's not like they go on to dominate their conference every year after taking some lumps in OOC. Former LMU guard Evan Payne plays for Beach, I forgot about him.

seacatfan
11-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Wow, if Oregon loses this game, what a disastrous trip to Hawaii. 2 losses and getting busted all the way down to the 7th-8th place game, probably to face non D1 opponent Chaminade. I agreed yesterday it was too early to panic for the Quacks, but the season is not trending well.

Of course if they rally and win, future GU opponent Tennessee will be in the same position.

Zagdawg
11-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Oregon and Tennessee headed to overtime in Maui.

Zagdawg
11-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Oregon holds on to beat Tennessee 69-65

strikenowhere
11-22-2016, 12:05 PM
Oregon holds on to beat Tennessee 69-65

Dang it Tennessee...it was apparently too much to ask of them to get one respectable win on their resume before the Zags roll into town.

seacatfan
11-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Oregon better get their ish together. Arizona is not looking overwhelming either. I wonder who the favorite in the Pac 12 should be at this point? Utah and UCLA have steamrolled some weak competition, hard to judge them so far.

ProVeeZag
11-22-2016, 04:29 PM
Oregon better get their ish together. Arizona is not looking overwhelming either. I wonder who the favorite in the Pac 12 should be at this point? Utah and UCLA have steamrolled some weak competition, hard to judge them so far.

It sure isn't Cal! And the Cougs may have the bottom spot to themselves.

sittingon50
11-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Georgia So. 67
AKRON 75

Louis. Monroe 57
BRYANT 65

UMass Lowell 76
MISS. VALLEY ST. 71

Houston 85
SO. DAKOTA 58

maynard g krebs
11-22-2016, 06:00 PM
Oregon better get their ish together.

Altman himself candidly said they were overrated coming into the season. Last year they lost to UNLV and Boise later in the nonconf. than this. Nobody would have predicted pac titles or a 1 seed/ E8 for them in December last yr. Two key guys from last yr are gone, and their 1st team AA is just coming back.

Every year since DA has been there, they've improved greatly over the course of the season. I expect to see the same. But their offense does certainly look like crap as of now.

sittingon50
11-22-2016, 07:04 PM
Little Rock 65
PEPPERDINE 66

#3 Indiana comes back to tie in regulation vs Fort Wayne. Now in OT.

sittingon50
11-22-2016, 07:22 PM
Indy goes down!! Jazz is heartbroken!!

23dpg
11-22-2016, 07:23 PM
Wow, Indiana loses in OT. Props to the Hoosiers for giving Indiana FW a game at the small guy's arena.

seacatfan
11-22-2016, 07:29 PM
Altman himself candidly said they were overrated coming into the season. Last year they lost to UNLV and Boise later in the nonconf. than this. Nobody would have predicted pac titles or a 1 seed/ E8 for them in December last yr. Two key guys from last yr are gone, and their 1st team AA is just coming back.

Every year since DA has been there, they've improved greatly over the course of the season. I expect to see the same. But their offense does certainly look like crap as of now.

You keep referencing that in various threads, but I think this is the most intact roster Altman has had from year to year since he's been at Oregon. I know Brooks has been out, but you still have Dorsey, Boucher, Bell and Benson that were rotation regulars last year. So what if Oregon had 2 key losses from last year. Almost every good team in the country has at least that many, a lot of teams have a whole lot more than that to replace. Not an adequate excuse, I'm not buying it.

sittingon50
11-22-2016, 07:47 PM
San Jose St 64
SMC 81 (Landale with 24 & 7).

USD blows 20 pt. lead to Bethune-Cookman. Going to OT.

Wyoming 65
PACIFIC 73

btzag
11-22-2016, 08:11 PM
You keep referencing that in various threads, but I think this is the most intact roster Altman has had from year to year since he's been at Oregon. I know Brooks has been out, but you still have Dorsey, Boucher, Bell and Benson that were rotation regulars last year. So what if Oregon had 2 key losses from last year. Almost every good team in the country has at least that many, a lot of teams have a whole lot more than that to replace. Not an adequate excuse, I'm not buying it.

Couldn't agree more SeaCat. They have 3 wooden top 50 players not just 1 like GU with Nwg. Where have Boucher and Dorsey been, plus Bell and Benson? Can you imagine the outrage on Gu Boards if we had multiple Wooden award candidates playing as poorly as Dorsey and Boucher? Most disappointing team in the country so far.

sittingon50
11-22-2016, 08:15 PM
Bethune-Cookman throws in a 3 with 3 seconds to go. Going to 2 OT.

ZagzKrak
11-22-2016, 08:34 PM
UW down 4 to Long Beach halfway through the 2nd

basketballzag
11-22-2016, 08:43 PM
UW down 4 to Long Beach halfway through the 2nd

This UW team is absolutely awful and I say that with sincerity. LBS has 25 fouls right now, 22 turnovers, 3 offensive rebounds, and they are still beating the Huskies. The only thing the Huskies have going for them is that three of the five starters for LBS have 4 fouls.

The Huskies solid 1-14 at the 3 for 7.1% is a statistic that few reach.

On the flip side LBS is 12-12 from the FT line and 9-15 from the 3.

sittingon50
11-22-2016, 08:44 PM
USD pulls it out in their 1st ever 3 OT game in school history, 96-91. U-Hi's Brett Bailey goes for 26 & 9.

WCC goes 4-0 on the day!!

RenoZag
11-22-2016, 09:01 PM
San Jose St 64
SMC 81 (Landale with 24 & 7).

Winning the WCC means containing SMC's Landale and BYU's Mika.

Never thought I would be writing that sentence but there you have it. . .

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Virginia Zags Fan
11-22-2016, 09:15 PM
Winning the WCC means containing SMC's Landale and BYU's Mika.

Never thought I would be writing that sentence but there you have it. . .

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Concur Reno Zag. And not giving their shooters open 3 looks.

ZagzKrak
11-22-2016, 09:17 PM
UW holds off LBSU for the win.

Zagceo
11-22-2016, 09:48 PM

Could be Colorado......beat Texas by 14......

thegloriousgoateeofKP
11-23-2016, 03:51 AM
WCC goes 4-0 on the day!!

I think — knock on wood — the conference is gonna be good this year. That is, everyone except LMU and SD in the 100's on KenPom. That would mean a few tough road losses for the Zags, maybe @Pepp or @USF, but that would be fine with me. When the WCC is good, it's good for the Zags.

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-23-2016, 05:37 AM

I think UCLA will win the PAC 12 this year. Their 6'6" frosh PG, Lonzo Ball, is looking amazing + PF Leaf and veteran teammates have the looks of an elite team. Fun to watch too.

bartruff1
11-23-2016, 06:11 AM
No one is making excuses for Oregon and no one needs to. Altman is very good coach and they will go deep in the Tourney.... in my humble opinion of course.

CDC84
11-23-2016, 07:20 AM
Indiana at IPFW = The living breathing definition of a high risk, low reward game.

rennis
11-23-2016, 07:37 AM
Indiana at IPFW = The living breathing definition of a high risk, low reward game.

Agreed. OTOH Indiana can rely on its performance in the B10 for NCAA tournament seeding. That kind of loss looks far worse on the resume of the 3rd place team out of the Pac12, for example, than it does in the B10 or the ACC. Indiana and teams like Indiana can afford to take these risks, IMO.

CDC84
11-23-2016, 08:05 AM
It was a home game for James Blackmon (who comes from Fort Wayne), and there were a lot of IU fans in the stands, but still.....

What is even dumber are all these east coast power conference teams who insist on playing a game at a WCC or Big West gym before heading out to Maui. Has there ever been a year when a Maui team hasn't been beaten or barely escaped such a game? UConn barely escaped with a win over LMU this year. It's just a dumb game to play. Beyond the high risk/low reward element, your team is traveling a million miles to get to Maui , and then they have to play 3 games in 3 days against big time competition. I can understand landing the plane in San Diego and spending the night before flying out to Maui.....but playing a game along with it is meaningless.

maynard g krebs
11-23-2016, 10:28 AM

There's a difference between an excuse and an explanation. Last year, I explained why Perkins/McClellan needed time to adjust and would be fine. I was hit with the excuse line then. Ducks have a bit of similarity in situation to last year's Zags, who if you'll recall started the year with high expectations and struggled, then turned out pretty good.

The guys that have been out (grad, injury) for the Ducks were their two first team all-leaguers last year. And their backup, all 3 of the 6'6-7 multiposition guys who are key to what made Oregon good. And if you watched them, you'll know that they were the keys to everything they did. The guys you mention above were all complementary players playing off the stars who broke down defenses and created good looks for them. (Not gonna go into a lot of detail as this isn't a Ducks board). When Brooks is re-integrated, you'll see a positive effect on the other guys, who have been put in unfamiliar roles, resulting in a stagnant, hesitant offense followed by forced, tough shots, and a ton of turnovers. Also, they are playing 2 new guards, a fr and a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. Another sort of parallel to last yr's Zags.

The Ducks always struggle early, as those who follow them know. And then get a lot better by February. History says that will happen again. They're not Arizona, who can just plug in another 5 star, top 20 recruit when one goes down. Their 3 and 4 star guys need to develop as a team each year. As far as I know, they have one guy who merited an Arizona offer in Dorsey.

That got longer than I intended for an OT post. Oh well.

Zagceo
11-23-2016, 12:13 PM
There's a difference between an excuse and an explanation. Last year, I explained why Perkins/McClellan needed time to adjust and would be fine. I was hit with the excuse line then. Ducks have a bit of similarity in situation to last year's Zags, who if you'll recall started the year with high expectations and struggled, then turned out pretty good.

The guys that have been out (grad, injury) for the Ducks were their two first team all-leaguers last year. And their backup, all 3 of the 6'6-7 multiposition guys who are key to what made Oregon good. And if you watched them, you'll know that they were the keys to everything they did. The guys you mention above were all complementary players playing off the stars who broke down defenses and created good looks for them. (Not gonna go into a lot of detail as this isn't a Ducks board). When Brooks is re-integrated, you'll see a positive effect on the other guys, who have been put in unfamiliar roles, resulting in a stagnant, hesitant offense followed by forced, tough shots, and a ton of turnovers. Also, they are playing 2 new guards, a fr and a guy who hasn't played in 2 years. Another sort of parallel to last yr's Zags.

The Ducks always struggle early, as those who follow them know. And then get a lot better by February. History says that will happen again. They're not Arizona, who can just plug in another 5 star, top 20 recruit when one goes down. Their 3 and 4 star guys need to develop as a team each year. As far as I know, they have one guy who merited an Arizona offer in Dorsey.

That got longer than I intended for an OT post. Oh well.

Michael Cage Jr was offered by AZ GU UCLA USC and Kentucky....just sayin

maynard g krebs
11-23-2016, 01:36 PM
Michael Cage Jr was offered by AZ GU UCLA USC and Kentucky....just sayin

Good point. Forgot about him because he's not playing. But still a guy outside the top 50.