PDA

View Full Version : Root Rant!

gonzagafan62
11-18-2016, 06:47 PM
Who else got bumped for Big Sky football? I addressed my concerns by contacting them. May be a bit extreme but they were only showing pregame

JPtheBeasta
11-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Who else got bumped for Big Sky football? I addressed my concerns by contacting them. May be a bit extreme but they were only showing pregame

I thought the same thing. I'd much rather watch most live basketball games than people talking about football, even in a blowout. When they cut away I thought they would only be doing it so that people could watch the game from the opening kickoff. Nope. EWU wide receiver talking about his awesome beard, or something...

gonzagafan62
11-18-2016, 07:01 PM
They're STILL doing pregame. So frustrating

gonzagafan62
11-18-2016, 07:07 PM
Come to find out Root screwed up the football game too. It was actually supposed to be shown right at kickoff. They started showing it with 6 mins left in first quarter. Epic fail by root sports

maynard g krebs
11-18-2016, 07:17 PM
Pissed me off too.

tyra
11-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Root tv network cut out of the game before it was over to go to a football game (which didn't start for several minutes). If there are any lawyers on the board, could you please clarify whether this is a felony or not (as it should be)? Sheesh.

maynard g krebs
11-18-2016, 07:51 PM
425-641-0104. That's Root's number. Leave em a voice mail. If they get a few hundred more of those (I just did it) jamming their lines they won't do that again.

gcarlson838664
11-19-2016, 05:26 AM
I sent them an email at: http://northwest.rootsports.com/contact-us/

ZagsGoZags
11-19-2016, 10:37 AM
425-641-0104. That's Root's number. Leave em a voice mail. If they get a few hundred more of those (I just did it) jamming their lines they won't do that again.

THANK YOU.
A lot of us were upset, but not willing to take the trouble to find email and phone complaint numbers. I just left my message.

Thanks also to GCarlson, who also provided email feedback.

sylean
11-19-2016, 11:39 PM
Zag men took up the whole front section of the SR on Saturday as well two full pages with pictures of them and write-ups about the game, which wasn't much of a game, against a weak opponent. ..The Zag women do not get shown on tv and rated a quick headline with follow up on the back page after their tremendous win against Stanford at Stanford. Ewu was going into a game to determine the conference championship for their league, and many people follow them and the Portland team they played. I think to complain about the station pulling away to cover the pregame of an important football game, for THEIR fans, was certainly an irritation to Zag men's fans, but not the end of the world..because lets be honest, the Zag men do not suffer from the lack of coverage.

cjm720
11-20-2016, 07:15 AM
Does anyone else find that Root has horrible HD quality compared to other stations?

DixieZag
11-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Root tv network cut out of the game before it was over to go to a football game (which didn't start for several minutes). If there are any lawyers on the board, could you please clarify whether this is a

It's a Class B felony in the State of Washington, each also faces a conspiracy charge (also class B) because more than one person must have been involved in planning and execution. And, for sentencing, each faces a 5 year enhancement for putting football on 6 minutes early, and a 10 year enhancement for committing the act utilizing a crap FCS game.

billyberu
11-20-2016, 12:07 PM
Does anyone else find that Root has horrible HD quality compared to other stations?
I agree. Bunch of cheepskates if you ask me

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TheGonzagaFactor
11-21-2016, 06:45 AM
Zag men took up the whole front section of the SR on Saturday as well two full pages with pictures of them and write-ups about the game, which wasn't much of a game, against a weak opponent. ..The Zag women do not get shown on tv and rated a quick headline with follow up on the back page after their tremendous win against Stanford at Stanford. Ewu was going into a game to determine the conference championship for their league, and many people follow them and the Portland team they played. I think to complain about the station pulling away to cover the pregame of an important football game, for THEIR fans, was certainly an irritation to Zag men's fans, but not the end of the world..because lets be honest, the Zag men do not suffer from the lack of coverage.

The issue is not lack of coverage for Zags MBB, it's that they cut away from game action for FCS pregame talk - and ended up not even showing the game until midway through the first quarter. It was a major programming mistake.

If they cut away from GU-Bryant one minute before kickoff of EWU-PSU and showed game action, I would have no problem with it. Even if they cut away from GU for football pregame and actually showed the game when it started instead of Bensinger, I wouldn't see a problem.