PDA

View Full Version : Gunit of the Game - Bryant - 11.18.2016

RenoZag
11-18-2016, 06:31 PM
Bryant was overmatched from the get go. Zags cruised to an easy win tonight.

Which Zag gets your tip o' the cap as tonight's player of the game, fans ?

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=147550

seacatfan
11-18-2016, 06:34 PM
Went Karno. Easily could've been Williams or Collins too. Most of Perkins' damage was after the game was pretty well over. NWG scored a bunch early but was quiet in the 2nd half.

23dpg
11-18-2016, 06:41 PM
This is getting tougher every game. I went with Shem but almost picked JWill for the monster second half.

cggonzaga
11-18-2016, 06:42 PM
Went with Karno. The depth and balance of this team is unreal. I'd put these guys up against anybody in the country.

gonzagafan62
11-18-2016, 06:47 PM
JW3

DADoZAG
11-18-2016, 06:56 PM
Shem.

Next week will bring clarity, but every indication is that Mr Few is no longer hanging by his finger nails peering at the April weekend.

Go ZAGS!

zagsfanforlife
11-18-2016, 06:58 PM
Shem, but great to see Williams even on this list. Was starting to think we had another Coleman situation on our hands.. Williams looked very solid tonight. So many weapons on this team. I just have a diff feel with this team than i have in the past with other talented teams.. I dont see too many weaknesses. I hope i am right.

Birddog
11-18-2016, 06:59 PM
Shem, the Mountain was impressive tonight.

ZagsObserver
11-18-2016, 07:11 PM
Hard to assess much given the competition. Bigs appear to be the team strength again

Nevtelen
11-18-2016, 07:13 PM
I voted Williams. I thought Shem was obviously amazing, but he should have been that amazing vs their backcourt. I was impressed with how much better Williams looked than how he'd been playing in the last couple of games, so I chose him.

maynard g krebs
11-18-2016, 07:15 PM
JW3 for breakout after struggles the first couple games.

bballbeachbum
11-18-2016, 07:23 PM
Shem was the dominant player of the game but went with Williams. got yanked early second quarter for 4th turnover, then when reinserted got loose a bit for the first time as a Zag.

Marcus
11-18-2016, 07:48 PM
So many good performances tonight. Shem was awesome, as was Williams once he got in the groove. I voted for Perkins though and it wasn't just because he got hot from 3. I love his vision as a passer and he is really good at getting in the lane than setting up the other guys for great looks.

I do have to add that this team is so impressive. It could be a different high scorer every night. Talk about a team that will be hard to game plan against. It just seems like if one guy is having a rough night then it's next man up. When they start to fire on all cylinders and really gel, look out.

CdAZagFan
11-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Love to see Shem back to his old self - but had to go with JWIII just because I'm hoping it was his coming out party. He was really struggling offensively before the lid came off the basket.

whatazag
11-18-2016, 08:18 PM
guess i was the only collins. karmo and jw3 were good, but made too many mistakes. perkins 3 point shot money, and would have been my 2nd pick.

Reborn
11-18-2016, 08:19 PM
shem

2wiceright
11-18-2016, 08:59 PM
JWIII finally puts his full game on display. Was pleasantly surprised to see him hit a couple 3's - frosting on top!!! Kid's an offensive rebounding monster! Also happy to see Josh finally playing like end of last year... lots of choices but I went with JW3

ZagNative
11-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Voted for Shem. So happy to see him playing so well and listening to him speak is a treat. He's matured so much and has become wonderfully articulate. What a great Zag!

Mantua
11-18-2016, 11:08 PM
I voted Williams. I thought Shem was obviously amazing, but he should have been that amazing vs their backcourt. I was impressed with how much better Williams looked than how he'd been playing in the last couple of games, so I chose him.

Me too.

it was great to see Williams settle into the game.

seacatfan
11-18-2016, 11:13 PM
it was great to see Williams settle into the game.

Definitely. I kept thinking he needed a wide open monster dunk to get him going, but it was that 3 ball that seemed to set him loose.

MDABE80
11-19-2016, 12:08 AM
Shem but the bigs are absolutely sensational! Dominant in size and skills!

Zagger
11-19-2016, 01:45 AM
Willnowjoshski! I voted Mt. K but I was impressed with Jonathan's 2nd & 3rd efforts and Josh's 3s. Great to see Mt. K with 20+ points. Good for him!

TacomaZAG
11-19-2016, 05:44 AM
JWIII for me.............Great to see him settling in as a ZAG. I am also very impressed this year with Perkins. One of the announcers last night (DD I think) said that Josh will really benefit from NWG taking some/most of the load off him for duties at the point. It really shows already, Josh seems to be just playing, not thinking............then playing.

Fun to watch, bring on the real opponents.

Go ZAGS

Martin Centre Mad Man
11-19-2016, 07:05 AM
W III. He needed this game.

ZagsGoZags
11-19-2016, 10:12 AM
I had to go with Karno. What he did tonight was execute when the game plan was to feed him a lot. Make buckets and distribute well. We have seen before he does this against good defenses also.
I loved the JW3 emergence, but it was against a weak defense, and SDSU defense kept him quiet. Can he play that well against good defense? We will find out later. Josh seemed to have his head in the game more than usual, i.e. protecting the ball and not turning it over too often, but shooting 3's like that is a lot easier when the pressure is no longer on. Let's see if he can produce some 3's at crunch time, like he did a few times last year.

MontanaCoyote
11-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Been away and off line. Przemek "The Presence" Karnowski has come through just like I hoped and thought he could/would.
Won't keep belaboring it, but given the big guys play to date, I'll repeat my Karno Mantra here. Maybe I can gin up some agreement;

No other player in D-1 is as valuable to his team in so many different ways than Karno.

I haven't seen or heard anything to dissuade me yet and Karno's play has exceeded many posters expectations. So, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

zag67
11-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Montana, I will agree with you that PK is the most important stabilizing influence to this team. He is there in all aspects of the game. He will open up the 3 point shots as they try to keep him from controlling the paint. He has become a fantastic passer and is recognizing the dbl and where it is coming from. He and the other big men have been doing a super job on not allowing the layins.