Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Luke Winn: Nov. 17 Power Rankings

From SI:

7 - Gonzaga Bulldogs
    record: 2–0

November is lineup-tinkering season in college hoops, and I’m curious to see if the Zags struck gold with their backup big combo of freshman center Zach Collins and power forward Killian Tillie, who were the key to their 69–48 demolition of San Diego State on Monday. In their 24 Collins-Tillie possessions, the Zags had an efficiency margin of +1.02 PPP, compared to negative 0.05 PPP with their starting 4–5 combo of Johnathan Williams and Przemek Karnowski, according to Hooplens.com data. Collins and Tillie worked especially well together as the center and back-left defenders, respectively, in an active 2–3 zone, something I’d expect to see plenty of this season after they were heavily man-to-man in ‘15–16.

Next up: 11/18 vs. Bryant, 11/24 vs. Quinnipiac in AdvoCare Invitational
    #19 - St. Mary's
    • Feb 2007

Not good...too early.

As if our expectations this year weren't off the charts (I learned my lesson last year).

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2012

Wow, that's amazing! Best part of being ranked so high is getting on Luke Winn and Mark Titus' rankings.

Comment

• Bogozags
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
        Not good...too early.

As if our expectations this year weren't off the charts (I learned my lesson last year).
        Expectations? I just hope we finish at least 19-19 for the season, which of course would mean we make the FF! All we need to do is win NINE straight games, so we could be 10-19 going into the WCC tournament! Isn't this more down to earth

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
          Expectations? I just hope we finish at least 19-19 for the season, which of course would mean we make the FF! All we need to do is win NINE straight games, so we could be 10-19 going into the WCC tournament! Isn't this more down to earth
          You realize you're chiding a person who predicted last year that we wouldn't lose our 10th game until December of 2017. That gives me but one defeat this year. Your "expectation" of 19 losses would be devastating.

Comment

Working...
          X