DixieZag
11-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Who are they?

Discuss.

GoZags
11-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Who are they?

Discuss.

Shem was 4-7 from the f.t. Line last time they played. That's all I got (other than the Zags DID win 100-76).

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=400498697

ZagNative
11-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Here's the game profile at GoZags.com: http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111616aaa.html

KenPom predicts a 20-loss season for Bryant and has them ranked at #310.

Geez, how do kids keep their heads up when they face such tough odds? I don't know how the Kennel Club warms up for this one. Instead of hurling insults, I'd be more likely to want to give the young men a hug and some milk and cookies ....

btzag
11-16-2016, 06:44 PM
I can't help it...only thing I think of is...why not wsu?

DixieZag
11-16-2016, 06:47 PM
Here's the game profile at GoZags.com: http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111616aaa.html

Geez, how do kids keep their heads up when they face such tough odds? I don't know how the Kennel Club warms up for this one. Instead of hurling insults, I'd be more likely to want to give the young men a hug and some milk and cookies ....

The A.Dept must have had some serious difficulty in filling that spot. I am sure they would've preferred to get a better than #310 team in there, even if it is a turn-up prior to the tournament. In terms of "tune-ups" - it seems like a #150 team likely provides the level of competition desired, without the huge hit to RPI. I'm sure there's a reason they ended up this way.

If the line (not Kenpom) predicts a 20 pt win, I'd take lay the points and take the Zags.

ZagNative
11-16-2016, 07:15 PM
KenPom predicts a 88-62 Zag win.

GoZags
11-16-2016, 08:18 PM
I can't help it...only thing I think of is...why not wsu?

Bryant doesn't require a return game (or a neutral site game).

TexasZagFan
11-17-2016, 04:50 AM

LOL...back when GoZags & I were on campus, in the final days of the freshman game prior to the varsity game, we were called the Snake Pit. We lived it up to that moniker. There was one game I recall that the opposing team warmed up for the second half on the side of the court furthest away from us. Not one of their players was shooting from the near side of the court.

primal23
11-17-2016, 05:29 AM

And WOW did WSU look good against Division 2 Central Washington... heavy sarcasm there

kitzbuel
11-17-2016, 09:36 AM
Bryant University is in Rhode Island. It is located the opposite side of the state from Hopkinton, RI, 45 minutes away.

TexasZagFan
11-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Bryant University is in Rhode Island. It is located the opposite side of the state from Hopkinton, RI, 45 minutes away.

I'm glad we've got a warm-up game for Quinnipiac...they should be back at full strength, now that their pollsters aren't occupied with the election.

229SintoZag
11-17-2016, 10:42 AM

Slightly OT, but in my humble opinion we used to occupy a relatively high moral ground when it came to scheduling.

We have ceded that ground with our decision to drop WSU, a traditional OOC opponent from nearby--any qualms about return games or neutral sites notwithstanding.

We look bad for doing it, and there is no sugar coating that. Especially when we are playing the likes of Bryant etc.

Zagger
11-17-2016, 10:53 AM
Slightly OT, but in my humble opinion we used to occupy a relatively high moral ground when it came to scheduling.

We have ceded that ground with our decision to drop WSU, a traditional OOC opponent from nearby--any qualms about return games or neutral sites notwithstanding.

We look bad for doing it, and there is no sugar coating that. Especially when we are playing the likes of Bryant etc.

I mostly agree here .... would much rather see us be playing Whitworth, EWU, WSU, U of I, etc. - some 'local' school and at the Arena to boot. Not a lot of Spokanites have seen the Zags play in person. We're taking a couple we know to the game tomorrow night. They've only seen the Zags on TV and are thrilled we asked them. Plus, we're not a season ticket holder - just Bulldog Club members who try like heck to get online when any extra tickets go on sale. Managed to get 4 tickets yesterday. I would love to see a game scheduled in the Arena once a year.

Bogozags
11-17-2016, 12:54 PM
I'm glad we've got a warm-up game for Quinnipiac...they should be back at full strength, now that their pollsters aren't occupied with the election.

That was my concern too!

Bogozags
11-17-2016, 12:58 PM

I believe this is a money/guarantee game for Bryant...I am guessing $50-$100K, which is why there is not neutral court or return game...

I do wonder why we didn't schedule a local team to play us...win-win for GU and the local fans...also, a good idea to play at least one game each year in the Arena each year. I think when they have NCAA games in the Arena, GU tries to play at least one game there to give the team a bit of familiarity "IF" they wind up there for the first two rounds...

btzag
11-17-2016, 01:11 PM

Yep +1

bartruff1
11-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Eastern would be a good choice...

sittingon50
11-17-2016, 01:40 PM
I believe this is a money/guarantee game for Bryant...I am guessing $50-$100K, which is why there is not neutral court or return game...

I do wonder why we didn't schedule a local team to play us...win-win for GU and the local fans...also, a good idea to play at least one game each year in the Arena each year. I think when they have NCAA games in the Arena, GU tries to play at least one game there to give the team a bit of familiarity "IF" they wind up there for the first two rounds...

Bryant actually coming out for 3 games. They play in a 4 team tourney (Legends Classic) out in Cheney on Monday & Tuesday. Play the Eags on Mon. & either Seattle or Louisianna Monroe on Tues.

DixieZag
11-18-2016, 06:49 AM

Yes much rather play WSU, Idaho, Eastern, or even Montana

ZagNative
11-18-2016, 11:07 AM
Yes much rather play WSU, Idaho, Eastern, or even MontanaDitto.