PDA

View Full Version : Post game Radio GU-SDSU

Section 116
11-14-2016, 11:43 PM
A few items of recall on my drive home. Donnie Daniels said SDSU is not a team anybody goes up by 30 on. Daniels had high praise for Jordan Mathews. He just did what he does. Talked a bit about when the Zags went to the zone defense, it just seemed to rattle SDSU. They couldn't hit from outside and they couldn't get the ball inside. Daniels noted the Zags played better against Utah Valley than they did against Baylor in the scrimmage, and they played better against SDSU than they did against Utah Valley which is exactly what you want to see. Hudson and Santangelo talked a bit about Tillie and Collins and said they were going to have to come up with some kind of nickname for those two. Collins line tonight was 21 minutes, 6-7 from the floor, 3-3 from the line, 8 rebounds, three steals and two blocks. Tillie had 20 minutes 2-3 from three, 10 rebounds three steals and a block. The Zags held SDSU to 28% from the floor but it was actually worse than that as they had four or five buckets in garbage time. It was noted after both teams started really cold, GU 1-11 from the floor and SDSU not much better at 3-11 the Zags really went on a tear to take a big halftime lead 36-21 and they never really looked back after that. SDSU finished with but 5 assists and three of those came late. Daniels said they are looking forward to Bryant on Friday evening and hope to head to Florida at 3-0. Zach Collins out of the locker room:

Zach Collins: One of those nights everything was going my way. In my opinion I didn't play well Friday night. So I decided what can I do to play better. I didn't want to do anything crazy I just wanted to come out and play my game. I just wanted to play hard, but calm, but the crowd, the pace, the place is just nuts. Karnowski is in my ear in practice and in the game, giving me little tips all the time. He just makes it easier for me. I'm not a creative guy like Killian, but we are in the gym everynight working out together. Killian is a a glue guy, he does a little bit of everything. My dad is here and I'm happy he got to see me play tonight.

Virginia Zags Fan
11-14-2016, 11:46 PM
Great as always. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LMUZAG
11-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Great, thank you!

Reborn
11-15-2016, 11:25 AM
Thanks, Section 116. I ESPECIALLY LIKE THE QUOTES FROM PLAYERS, Collins seems like a great guy.

bballbeachbum
11-15-2016, 12:39 PM
thanks 116, all season long :cheers: