• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

If it's clear skies where you live

Go outside when it turns dark and take a look at the full Supermoon. The moon has not been this close to Earth since 1948. Hondo was only two years old.

The moon will be HUGE.

Beat Aztecs!
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • hondo
    Zag for Life
    • May 2009

Honda may have been only 2 years old but he was already a Zag for life.

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

From my Foo "General Science" thread.

The supermoon (perigee full moon) on November 14, 2016, will bring the moon closer to Earth than it has been since January 26, 1948. What’s more, the moon won’t come this close to Earth again until November 25, 2034. That makes the November 2016 full moon the closest and largest supermoon in a period of 86 years!
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• krii
        Kennel Club Material
        • Aug 2015

Eh... It was a great weather yesterday and right now. Well, it's rainy. Typical Cumbria.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by krii View Post
          Eh... It was a great weather yesterday and right now. Well, it's rainy. Typical Cumbria.
          Very pretty rural area when sunny, though. Winter must be tough, dark. Cool place, cool you follow.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• krii
            Kennel Club Material
            • Aug 2015

It's stunning when sunny. One of the most beautiful places I've seen and I have been lucky enough to see more than 40 countries by now.

Winter is quite dark in here but it's not the same as in Poland. 15 years ago in Poland it was quite normal to have winters with -10 C /-15 C degrees. My mom told me that when she was very young she had winters with -25C/-30C degrees. Plus snow. I mean ... it's just like some of the States - pure white power that dominates the surroundings. Nothing you can do about it.

Now it's something around 0 to minus 10 I believe. I haven't been there during winter for quite a few years. It's just a weather type of sinusoida - you have some years with minus 20 followed by years with minus 5 and - in a couple of years - it's again minus 20 ;-)

Anyway Cumbria isn't THAT cold. It's rainy, foggy and quite dark but yet it's fresh and those views and people are irreplaceable. Definitely one of the best spots in Europe to see. If there's anyone planning to visit England please do consider this area - it's worth it

anyway back to the topic. weather is a bit better now so i've seen at least ghosts of this supermoon. still worth it! ;-)

Comment

Working...
            X