• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Vulture
    Zag for Life
    • May 2008

Early Signing Period - Kispert

When is Kispert expected to sign his LOI to Gonzaga? The early signing period opened today but haven't heard anything leading up to this. I'm not worried he changes his mind, just wondering what the plan is...
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

MBB Inks Kispert to NLI in Early Signing Period
    Standout from Edmonds joins Gonzaga next season

SPOKANE, Wash. – Gonzaga men’s basketball Head Coach Mark Few announced the signing of Corey Kispert to a National Letter of Intent Wednesday.

Corey Kispert, 6-6, 215, Forward, Edmonds, Wash. (King’s)
    Kispert brings size and an outside threat to the Gonzaga roster. He will provide strength to the backcourt with an ability to hit outside shots and attack the rim. The 6-6, 215-pound forward helped King’s High School win the last two Washington State 1A titles. He is a four-star recruit that is ranked No. 72 nationally by Scout.com and 81st by Rivals.com. He averaged 23.9 points, 6.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.3 steals per game as a junior. Kispert excels in the classroom as well with a 3.96 grade-point average.

Few on Kispert:
    “Corey will be a great addition to our program on many levels. He is a high character guy from a great family, who also comes from a program that is used to winning. He has great size at the wing spot and can really shoot the ball with deep range. He will fit in well with the young players currently in our program.”

Barrett Henderson
    Gonzaga University
    Sports Information Director
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Congratulations to Corey, and a big welcome.

Congratulations to the staff for landing another recruit of the type that will propel the program even higher.

good all around.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

GU bound Corey Kispert working to better his game

Corey Kispert, a 6-foot-6, 215-pound forward who officially signed with Gonzaga on Wednesday, isn’t a big fan of idle time.

Comment

• btzag
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

Love seeing another true wing added to the program! This has been a tough position for the zags to recruit to for some reason and with Rui and Kispert in the fold the future is bright!

Comment

• Coach Crazy
            • Apr 2011

Early Signing Period - Kispert

This program once couldn't get a certain type of wing. Now you could see a point during any given game (next year) with Norvell, Kispert, and Rui on the court at the same time. Have fun with those mismatches, opposing coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bogozags
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

When Wade and Corey begin playing next summer and fall, competition for game P/T is going to be pretty crazy (Back Court: NWG, Perkins, Silas, Alberts, ZN and Wade / Front Court: Jones, Rui, Larsen, ZC, WIII, Edwards, Tillie and Corey).

We are going to be sooo deeep and sooo goood and so dangerous tooo!

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                GU bound Corey Kispert working to better his game

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...tter-his-game/
                Great story. Thanks for the link. And when you see him play live, it's obvious how true every word is.
                Last edited by maynard g krebs; 11-09-2016, 10:27 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• seacatfan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2014

King's HS is a 5-10 minute walk from my house. I've been meaning to check out some of their games so I could see Kispert play. Better do it this season, last chance.

Comment

• Kiddwell
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Official!!!

Welcome!

:]
                    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• zag67
                      Zag for Life
                      • Sep 2007

I think if NWG has a super season, I would not be surprised to see him try for the NBA. He has had a complete season to work on strength, his 3s, and complete game. I wish him all the best and best into the future.

Comment

• zag buddy
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2007

I thought Krispert was the best player on the floor a number of times this summer. Can't wait.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

“The one thing (Williams-Goss) said walking from campus to the gym was, ‘I’ve been around a lot of programs and players and coaches and I’ve never been around so many guys focused on one common goal,’ ” Kispert said.

“Even though it’s just a signature on a piece of paper, it feels like I’m really a part of the family,” Kispert said

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                            “The one thing (Williams-Goss) said walking from campus to the gym was, ‘I’ve been around a lot of programs and players and coaches and I’ve never been around so many guys focused on one common goal,’ ” Kispert said.

“Even though it’s just a signature on a piece of paper, it feels like I’m really a part of the family,” Kispert said
                            Wow. Put that on the building somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                            X