PDA

View Full Version : Domantas Sabonis had his best game yet

SoonerZag
11-07-2016, 06:57 PM
double/double tonight against Heat. Was going to the game but ended up missing it & watching from home. 15 points , 4 three pointers, 10 REB, 10 DREB. Local media loving him.

Birddog
11-07-2016, 07:24 PM
I was at the game and Domus played well, though I think he was just 5 of 13 shooting. He also had at least one assist and maybe a block to go with just 3 (maybe 4) fouls. He is looking better as far as being in the flow of the game as are all the new Thunder players. It's pretty obvious, that the Thunder coaches want Domus to take those 3 pt attempts and also some longer 2's. He was open on all the longer shots he took and didn't force anything. It also should be pointed out that Miami stinks, still it was a good game for Domus and the media and fans are definitely warming up to him.

raise the zag
11-07-2016, 07:34 PM
I just don't get why they have Domas floating along the perimeter all game?

I support the "stretch 4" ability, but he's basically a tall spot up shooter for OKC on offense. At least they utilize his rebounding ability on defense.

Not kidding you, Sabonis floats on the perimeter for OKC more than Wiltjer did at GU.

Sabonis has some of the best post moves I've ever seen, yet they don't utilize him in the low block, save on transition, face up plays.

Its odd.

Maybe they are waiting for him to add muscle/strength/frame?

Jstock12
11-07-2016, 08:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZgwmbxr9M8

SoonerZag
11-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Yeah it is odd. I didn't see him being utilized this way. Got used to watching him play without Karnowski & he would shoot a random three pointer every now and then. Didn't foresee him going into the league and being a perimeter shooter.

I support the "stretch 4" ability, but he's basically a tall spot up shooter for OKC on offense. At least they utilize his rebounding ability on defense.

Not kidding you, Sabonis floats on the perimeter for OKC more than Wiltjer did at GU.

Sabonis has some of the best post moves I've ever seen, yet they don't utilize him in the low block, save on transition, face up plays.

Its odd.

hooter73
11-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Man I loved watching him play.

Zags_Fanatic
11-07-2016, 09:41 PM

Its odd.

To be honest I kinda get it. He has Adams and Kanter in the post which frees him up to stretch out. If Karnowski stayed healthy and Wiltjer wasn't the designated stretch 4 he might have been utilized more on the perimeter at GU. Also I think the emphasis in his development right now is building more strength to battle NBA bigs and developing his shooting ability. Putting him out of his comfort zone right now allows him to accomplish both of those goals and contribute. If he can effectively bang in the post, shoot 38%+ from behind the arc and pass half as well as his dad by the end of his rookie contract, Domantas will be a very rich man and an NBA All-Star.

krii
11-08-2016, 02:51 AM
To be honest I kinda get it. He has Adams and Kanter in the post which frees him up to stretch out. If Karnowski stayed healthy and Wiltjer wasn't the designated stretch 4 he might have been utilized more on the perimeter at GU. Also I think the emphasis in his development right now is building more strength to battle NBA bigs and developing his shooting ability. Putting him out of his comfort zone right now allows him to accomplish both of those goals and contribute. If he can effectively bang in the post, shoot 38%+ from behind the arc and pass half as well as his dad by the end of his rookie contract, Domantas will be a very rich man and an NBA All-Star.

That plus he'll learn how to shoot efficiently from those spots. In a year time there will be no problem with him playing real stretch 4 - sometimes post up with his arsenal, add two-three 3 pointers a game plus ... stretch the game ;-)

LongIslandZagFan
11-08-2016, 06:18 AM
When he plays the post... he makes NBA caliber moves. Honestly, if he can play the perimeter and down low... his ceiling the through the roof.