• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Meehan: "Gonzaga freshman players advancing through learning curve"

I liked this piece from today's SR: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...rough-learnin/.

Be sure to check out he photo album, too, starting with this nice one of the freshman class:

“At the beginning it was a little bit hard to adapt to classes and basketball,” said Tillie, a 6-10 forward from France who arrived on campus in late August. “It was also hard to adjust to basketball because of the physical aspect but now I know the system.

“Classes were hard, with my English level at the beginning, but now it’s getting better, too.”

Tillie is competing for time at the “4.” He has size, mobility, great instincts and a soft touch on floaters, assistant coach Tommy Lloyd said.

Teammates are quick to praise Hachimura, an athletic 6-8 forward from Japan who isn’t as proficient speaking English as Tillie or Larsen (from Denmark).

“I don’t know how Rui does it,” guard Jordan Mathews said. “He still has the language barrier and we have so many different types of terminology. I can only imagine what it’s like for him.”

“He’s never had to play at this level of intensity and competition,” Lloyd said. “He was always so dominant over there, the game came to him. He’s having to learn how to be one of five on the floor.”
    • Feb 2014

Nice picture. No Larsen though? Rui and Norvell look pretty stout for freshmen. Tillie doesn't really look as thin in that picture as what I've heard about him. Collins appears to have a nice frame for a Fr. 7 footer.

Comment

• cggonzaga
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
      Nice picture. No Larsen though? Rui and Norvell look pretty stout for freshmen. Tillie doesn't really look as thin in that picture as what I've heard about him. Collins appears to have a nice frame for a Fr. 7 footer.
      Larsen is out for year with knee injury.

Comment

• seacatfan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
        Larsen is out for year with knee injury.
        I know, but he could still appear in a photograph with his classmates. He's still part of the GU program.

Comment

Working...
        X