PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga is a No. 4 seed in Joe Lunardiís first bracketology

Zagdawg
11-03-2016, 09:10 AM
http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2016/11/3/13510428/2017-ncaa-tournament-bracketology-gonzaga-bulldogs

St Marys as a 5 and BYU as a 11 play-in

DixieZag
11-03-2016, 09:17 AM
I'd be ok if it lines up that way. Anyone else?

Beat San Diego State or that poll becomes outdated.

Reborn
11-03-2016, 10:48 AM
It's always nice to see Joe lunardi's bracketology. I look forward to when he begins to post his predictions, sometime after the OOC schedule is over. I know we're all waiting to get this season started. I feel very good about the #4 seed this early, even before the season has started. A number 4 seed is a team ranked from 13-16 in the polls which is where Gonzaga is in most preseason polls. I know Lunardi had the Zags totally wrong last year, and he had St Mary's and BYU wrong in my opinion. It's nice to see he's got them in the Tournament right now.....

gonstu
11-03-2016, 10:53 AM
WCC 2nd or 3rd place team seems to spend a lot of time in that play-in slot in bracketology. That could change if the bottom half of the league performed better in OOC - I don't think likely to happen this year, but maybe in a couple with all the new coaching blood. If BYU stays, WCC could still be a conference on the rise.

Does anyone know anything about other WCC schools OOC schedules? I don't want to go look at all their individual schedules, but I bet someone else on here will do it... :)

LongIslandZagFan
11-03-2016, 11:32 AM
WCC 2nd or 3rd place team seems to spend a lot of time in that play-in slot in bracketology. That could change if the bottom half of the league performed better in OOC - I don't think likely to happen this year, but maybe in a couple with all the new coaching blood. If BYU stays, WCC could still be a conference on the rise.

Does anyone know anything about other WCC schools OOC schedules? I don't want to go look at all their individual schedules, but I bet someone else on here will do it... :)

Well we can probably rest assured SMC will have a weak OOC... Randy didn't challenge one of his best teams ever. If he isn't going to do it now... when will he ever challenge them?

TexasZagFan
11-03-2016, 11:35 AM

At least half the WCC is saying, "why should we?" I don't know the exact distribution, but the WCC's haul of TV money over the next 3 years is:

2016: $6.4 million, or $640K per team
2017: $5.3 million, or $530K per team
2018: $4.8 million, or $480K per team

Those figures are from my own number crunching last March, from the following article, titled "March Madness Makers and Takers":

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

GU appears prominently in that article.

ETA: over the past 15-16 years, Gonzaga has earned approximately $35 million for the WCC, and received about $7 million.

primal23
11-03-2016, 05:32 PM
At least half the WCC is saying, "why should we?" I don't know the exact distribution, but the WCC's haul of TV money over the next 3 years is:

2016: $6.4 million, or $640K per team
2017: $5.3 million, or $530K per team
2018: $4.8 million, or $480K per team

Those figures are from my own number crunching last March, from the following article, titled "March Madness Makers and Takers":

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2015-march-madness-basketball-fund/

GU appears prominently in that article.

ETA: over the past 15-16 years, Gonzaga has earned approximately $35 million for the WCC, and received about $7 million.

Sad just sad. And the way the conference schedule is setup is made to be against the northwest teams.