X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

It's November, people!

Holy Cow, the basketball season is on us already! It seems like we just turned off the TV after the Syracuse game.

I can't remember going into a season with so little familiarity with the team. I am really excited to learn about our team and players.

There are so many subplots to track this season, too. Rui's integration, Karno's comeback, NWG playing against UW, and of course the ongoing Perkins issue.

It is going to be a memorable season.

Let's go Zags!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Not a whisper about Perkins. So, what happens on Saturday?

Comment

• kitzbuel
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
      Not a whisper about Perkins. So, what happens on Saturday?
      It's as good as watching a movie, isn't it?

Any one know if he was involved in the scrimmage?

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Goshzagit
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
        It's as good as watching a movie, isn't it?

Any one know if he was involved in the scrimmage?

No clue. No details during my discussion, only names were mentioned. 3 in particular following Baylor scrum...NWG, Mathews, & Collins were it.

One of Virginia's top players commited a similar infraction this off season and they elected to suspend him from:

Scrimmage, both exhibition games, & 1st game of season. A total of 4 "games".

My educated guess is Perkins will be suspended for exhibition game & the first few games...including a tough matchup vs one of the best, if not the besr defensive team in NCAA...SDSU Aztecs.

Time will tell.

Comment

• Kiddwell
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

It's set the DVR time!

Don't see the exhibition game on Root Sports Northwest, but do see the Utah Valley game for a week from Friday. Yeah, basketball time. Uh-huh.

This's gonna be The Best Zags Season in History! You can go to the bank on that! (So, everyone, get up now; go to the bank!)

:]
          Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• Zagdawg
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Jim Meehan ‏@SRJimm 2m2 minutes ago
            Few on Perkins: "There’s going to be a part where he's going to have to pay a price but I’m big on the learning part of it... " (cont.)

Jim Meehan ‏@SRJimm 3m3 minutes ago
            Few cont.: "remorse and repentance and moving forward. I'm sure we'll have something for you Saturday."

Comment

• Zagdawg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Comment

• Zag_Dad
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                Jim Meehan ‏@SRJimm 2m2 minutes ago
                Few on Perkins: "There’s going to be a part where he's going to have to pay a price but I’m big on the learning part of it... " (cont.)

Jim Meehan ‏@SRJimm 3m3 minutes ago
                Few cont.: "remorse and repentance and moving forward. I'm sure we'll have something for you Saturday."
                According to the Spokesman Review Perkins' next court date will be on November 10th. I wouldn't be surprised if he reaches an agreement with the Prosecutors to resolve the case by then. The school doesn't have to wait for the criminal case to be over for them to move forward but it would make sense for Josh to get it all sorted out quickly.

I'm getting concerned about all the early season injuries. This quote about Norvell is troubling:
                “It’s kind of a mystery, frustrating to him, frustrating to us,” Few said. “He’s just not moving the way he was before surgery.”

Hoping they all heal quickly and the off court issues are resolved soon.

GO ZAGS

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                  Don't see the exhibition game on Root Sports Northwest, but do see the Utah Valley game for a week from Friday. Yeah, basketball time. Uh-huh.

This's gonna be The Best Zags Season in History! You can go to the bank on that! (So, everyone, get up now; go to the bank!)

:]
                  I set mine last night! I have a craft show at Shadle Park HS this weekend and one at Mead HS next weekend...so I had to plan ahead!
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

Working...
                  X