• sittingon50
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Interesting comment on SCU board

But we don't play nobody.
  • SWZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Quote by bettererbroncos. Wonder who he talked with.

I did have an interesting conversation with a Zags assistant a few weeks back and he thinks they may just have the talent to win 5 games in a row come Madness time. That said, he did say that team chemistry was something he was unsure of.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by SWZag View Post
      I think chemistry is the only thing WE are wondering about too. Talent is definitely there with this team.
      "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
        I think chemistry is the only thing WE are wondering about too. Talent is definitely there with this team.
        There may be issues with chemistry this year, if only because of playing time, or lack thereof.

Comment

• TheGonzagaFactor
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by SWZag View Post
          Anyone familiar with the Zags program. That sentiment is common with Zag fans: tons of talent, no idea how the pieces will work together.
          "After holding open practices during his first three seasons, Romar closed them to reporters last season, citing the "Gonzaga factor." He felt his team was compromised before the 2004-05 game against the Zags, that the opponent awaiting him and beating him 99-87 in Spokane seemed a little too well prepared."

Comment

• SWZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
            Anyone familiar with the Zags program. That sentiment is common with Zag fans: tons of talent, no idea how the pieces will work together.
            He mentioned assistant coach, so just wondering who it would be. No disagreement on what he said.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• Reborn
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2007

Nothing new there. Many fans feel the same way. Looking forward to the season to get going. I think as things get going the team will have very good team chemistry. Since 1999 have there been any GU teams that did not have good chemistry?
              Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• seacatfan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                Since 1999 have there been any GU teams that did not have good chemistry?
                Possibly '08-'09 team?

Comment

• Goshzagit
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2007

Reading my posts all summer, you will notice a common theme mentioned: team chemistry.

Mostly ON the court, but also off. Mentioned to me by someone very close to program.

To be expected given freshman, international, transfers, role players, new roles, etc.

Only potential "issue" this season. That, and the obvious injury bug...

Comment

• GoZags
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by seacatfan View Post
                    Possibly '08-'09 team?
                    Nah. The team was fine.

This Board, however was lacking in the chemistry department ... what with all the Meech, Austin and Few bashing. No chemistry at all here for that Sweet 16 team.
                    sigpic
                    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                    ——-
                    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TheGonzagaFactor View Post
                      Or languages.
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                        Zag for Life
                        • May 2008

I would imagine that any comment about "chemistry" is more a reflection of the unknown as to how players will adapt to playing with each other. I don't think it has much of anything to do with guys liking each other or getting along. This team should be much better by league play than they will be in the early season. They still have the talent to do some real damage in the OOC if they play hard and play defense each game.

Comment

• Goshzagit
                          Zag for Life
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                          I would imagine that any comment about "chemistry" is more a reflection of the unknown as to how players will adapt to playing with each other. I don't think it has much of anything to do with guys liking each other or getting along. This team should be much better by league play than they will be in the early season. They still have the talent to do some real damage in the OOC if they play hard and play defense each game.
                          This.

Good post

Comment

• DukeSilver
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                            Our terrific depth should really really help on the defensive front ... Hoping that can give us a solid chance to win some big games early on to keep us in consideration for a top seed come March.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                              Or languages.
                              May I suggest Duolingo? I found out about the (free) site a few days ago, and I'm using it during lunch to re-learn German.

Comment

Working...
                              X